TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Atlanta area Labor Day weekend

Carl Bishop

The wife and I are heading to the Atlanta area Labor Day weekend to visit family. :shift:

Are there any Shelby/Mustang/Ford car shows, cruise-ins, anything car related that weekend? Any Atlanta area Shelby owner interested in getting together for breakfast or something?? We'll be staying in Kennesaw.........

I'm close to Kennesaw. I'll do some checking but I would like to meet somewhere and tip a few cold ones together since our cars came off the line so close to each other! Mines #1220.

John

The wife and I are heading to the Atlanta area Labor Day weekend to visit family. :shift:

Are there any Shelby/Mustang/Ford car shows, cruise-ins, anything car related that weekend? Any Atlanta area Shelby owner interested in getting together for breakfast or something?? We'll be staying in Kennesaw.........

I'm close to Kennesaw. I'll do some checking but I would like to meet somewhere and tip a few cold ones together since our cars came off the line so close to each other! Mines #1220.

John

John,

Sounds good, we plan on heading down early Saturday morning. PM me your contact information......

Carl

Great,

I'll Pm you my cell phone.

The other guys are welcome too. Just gotta come up with a meeting place and time.

John,

Sounds good, we plan on heading down early Saturday morning. PM me your contact information......

Carl

I checked with my B-I-L and the only thing he could find going on that weekend was a Saturday cruise-in in Powder Springs GA, sponsored by the City of Powder Springs and the Powder Springs Push Rod car club. I spoke to the president of the club, all year’s, make & models are welcome. From what I understand it’s around 18 miles away from where I’ll be staying in Kennesaw.

> LINK <

Would this work for you guy’s?

Sure will, Thats not to far for me either. I've been to a couple of the Push Rods club events. nice bunch of folks and nice cars as well. cell phone 678-372-2334

John

I checked with my B-I-L and the only thing he could find going on that weekend was a Saturday cruise-in in Powder Springs GA, sponsored by the City of Powder Springs and the Powder Springs Push Rod car club. I spoke to the president of the club, all year’s, make & models are welcome. From what I understand it’s around 18 miles away from where I’ll be staying in Kennesaw.

> LINK <

Would this work for you guy’s?

Change in plans, we're going to the cruise-in in Acworth instead. I plan on being there around 6pm if anyone is interested.

LINK

I'll be the one in the Vista Blue SHELBY GT with a NC tag........... B)

So sorry, I just put a new suspension in the car (just have to re-install the Watts link), and it'll be down at Butler getting aligned. Let me know if you're doing anything Sunday or Monday!

See you there around 6pm!

Change in plans, we're going to the cruise-in in Acworth instead. I plan on being there around 6pm if anyone is interested.

LINK

I'll be the one in the Vista Blue SHELBY GT with a NC tag........... B)

Back at ya Carl. I enjoyed comparing notes with you. Wife and I went to Hiram to eat, after we left then went over to Powder springs and joined the cruise in there. It was cooler then so we stayed until dark. Had a lot of mustangs there too. Received a handout from a guy called Ragtops and Running Boards. It has hundreds of cruise in listed and club information etc. You can subscribe to it:

Ragtops and Running Boards

5956 Kemp Dr

Acworth, Ga. 30102

John and Dennis, it was great to meet both of you today.

For those of you that live in the Atlanta area the cruise-in hosted in Acworth was fantastic! I think they had between 300 & 400 cars there today....

Archived