TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good Terlingua Article in Road and Track

jaydub Mach1

Great article! If it has been posted before, I sure did not see it.

My only gripe with the article has to do with this sentence: "The only thing I didn't care for was the slightly stiff and notchy Hurst shifter."

I might just be showing my age, but this kind of comment seems to have an age component, i.e., some younger folks (I'm so old I did not have a pet dog, I had a pet dinosaur) do not "get" the Hurst shifter. What the writer saw as stiff and notchy, I see as smooth and sure footed.

I have now dismounted my soapbox. :hysterical: Thanks, again, for posting this article.

Jim

My only gripe with the article has to do with this sentence: "The only thing I didn't care for was the slightly stiff and notchy Hurst shifter."

Ha...ha... That sentence grabbed me, too. I have read Peter Egan's articles for years and really looked forward to them. His background is mostly English cars, so I was thinking that maybe he was comparing it to them. Don't know.

But I do know this. One week after my son drove my SGT with the Hurst shifter, he took his '06 V6 to auto shop and replaced the stock shifter with a Hurst!!

Maybe Peter Egan should drive a Mustang with a stock shifter for a few miles. Then he would LOVE the Hurst!! :hysterical:

Archived