TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone installed Boom Tubes in the SGT?

I just purchased Boom Tubes for my SGT vert. Just wondering if anyone else has installed them.

I must be getting REAL OLD, because I can't detect one bit of difference between those and the standard SGT mufflers....I think it's a waste of money to put aftermarket mufflers on as the stock ones flow better than Flowmasters even....Oh well, to each his own...I'll stick with my stock ones though and put the money somewhere else....

Better yet, none at all...

X2

I listened to the videos and did not get a warm-and-fuzzy about them. The only other ones I have heard I actually like are the JBA's. Give the stock enough time and they burn out and get more mellow. I have 13k miles on my car and they have a good growl. After the gear swap which raised the rpm's by about 300 it really made the car start talking. As my wife says "it went from purring to roaring".

It's a done deal. This is my 10th Mustang. I have had Flows on most of my stangs and also Bassani full exhaust on my 06 Stang and these are far superior than the whisper quiet stockies. I love 'em. :happy feet: Could you really say that your stock SGT sounds like this. Listen to the drive by. There is no way they are the same.

See any difference with these Corsa Mufflers? These were my other choice which still may happen. You can't possibly believe theres no difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzLCjvq-b3U

Better yet, none at all...

A GT500 vert showed up at this month's Mustang club meeting with a muffler delete and sounded real fine. I am hoping to ride in a 4.6 so I can hear it for myself, but am definitely considering losing those pesky mufflers...

i'm not sure what boom tubes cost but don't waste your money...go muffler deletes with PYPES, sounds equally as good if not better in my opinion. I love my muffler deletes, best $189 i ever spent from Brenspeed! :happy feet:

Oh and I forgot to mention the best thing is you don't get that annoying resonating at highway speed, car quiets right down to stock

I don't have a video of my SGT but i found this 05 GT with PYPES muffler deletes on boob tube...some may think its too loud but i think it makes mine sound like a Shelby should sound....just keep your foot out of the throttle in town or when you see the law

oh and dont be dissapointed on your first initial cold startup crackle sound from the pipes sitting parked and revving....the crackling sound goes away when its under load while driving

PYPES

I'm not 100% sure but I think the Boom Tube is the same thing. It's not really a muffler but more of a straight pipe. Check out what brenspeed has to say about them..

"The Boom Tube axleback offers an aggressive sound with very little drone when compared to the other axlebacks we offer. They are made of stainless steel and feature fully polished 4" tips. This is one of our favorite axleback systems and is a direct bolt in design."

FEATURES:

Made in the USA!

Muffler is constructed from stainless steel

Polished 4" rolled tips

Includes necessary installation hardware

http://www.brenspeed.com/bt2005.html

i'm not sure what boom tubes cost but don't waste your money...go muffler deletes with PYPES, sounds equally as good if not better in my opinion. I love my muffler deletes, best $189 i ever spent from Brenspeed! :happy feet:

Oh and I forgot to mention the best thing is you don't get that annoying resonating at highway speed, car quiets right down to stock

I don't have a video of my SGT but i found this 05 GT with PYPES muffler deletes on boob tube...some may think its too loud but i think it makes mine sound like a Shelby should sound....just keep your foot out of the throttle in town or when you see the law

oh and dont be dissapointed on your first initial cold startup crackle sound from the pipes sitting parked and revving....the crackling sound goes away when its under load while driving

PYPES

And what do you think we are all trying to re-live by owning these cars...our youth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_XGrRIZw-8...feature=related

I'm only 29, the last thing I want to revisit is high school. We had our 10 year last year, that was close enough.

The reason I bought this car is because it's beautiful and I thought I would switch to mustangs now that they have the body style I like. The last 3 cars I've owned were thunderbirds so I figured time for a change.

Oh, Give it a rest about HS.

I found the Mufflers on the Gt500 that kicked ass.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=7707

I'm only 29, the last thing I want to revisit is high school. We had our 10 year last year, that was close enough.

The reason I bought this car is because it's beautiful and I thought I would switch to mustangs now that they have the body style I like. The last 3 cars I've owned were thunderbirds so I figured time for a change.

LMAO,

You guys and gals are to funny, age is a personal statement and it matters more how you handle it than how old you are and not to mention a hundred years from now it won't matter to any of us.

I prefer to think I'm old enough to know what I like and have the whereforall to get it, so, I have a loud exhaust on my Harley, and an't no exhaust you guys are going to produce that will sound sweeter than that, otherwise, I am pleased with the sound of the SGT's exhaust as it is, now, the GT500's exhaust is another story!! But thats next years project as Dennis at Taska is wringing his hands waiting for it.

Lata

Moe in NH.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a custom exhaust shop in Atlanta make up stainless, mandrel bent muffler delete pipes for my 08 SGT.

Everything lines up to original hangers- will be no problem to reinstall original mufflers when desired. The pipes sound fantastic, no resonance, and nearly stock silent at 75-80 cruise. Paid a little over $200. You can get the same results with the Pypes muffler deletes for a little less. Have demonstrated exhaust at a local car show and had very positive compliments. Makes my Shelby sound as good as it looks!! The best sound for the least amount of money spent!

Thanks to MAC for the recommendation of deleting mufflers!!

Archived