TEAM SHELBY FORUM

smog legal LT headers from JBA

I was looking through headers and found these are 50 state legal. I know there were inquires about headers and Bud had said "don't do it because they were not 50 state certified". Does this change things on the SS if the header were already installed before the SS conversion?

From JBA-Increased horsepower and torque for all 50 states.

Bolt on extra horsepower and torque with 50-state smog legal JBA Cat4ward headers.

I was looking through headers and found these are 50 state legal. I know there were inquires about headers and Bud had said "don't do it because they were not 50 state certified". Does this change things on the SS if the header were already installed before the SS conversion?

Bolt on extra horsepower and torque with 50-state smog legal JBA Cat4ward headers.

shelby cant do it, doesnt mean you cant :)

I believe all of the Cat4ward headers are shorties - hence the name Cat4ward :)

Please check with Bud BEFORE you install your headers. There are certain things in the conversion that may not be able to be done depending on the MODS you have on your car before you send it to us. Give him a shout and ask him first to make sure we wont ask you to remove it before you send it. Then you will be doing this ---- > :banghead:

Or

Maybe he will catch this thread and answer.. Bud? Bud.. ? Bueller??? Bueller? :hysterical:

Just better safe than sorry :)

Thanks!

Adrienne :)

Please check with Bud BEFORE you install your headers. There are certain things in the conversion that may not be able to be done depending on the MODS you have on your car before you send it to us. Give him a shout and ask him first to make sure we wont ask you to remove it before you send it. Then you will be doing this ---- > :banghead:

Or

Maybe he will catch this thread and answer.. Bud? Bud.. ? Bueller??? Bueller? :hysterical:

Just better safe than sorry :)

Thanks!

Adrienne :)

A quick update--I spoke with Bud and We WILL NOT do the SS conversion on your car unless it has stock exaust on it.

Thanks,

A quick update--I spoke with Bud and We WILL NOT do the SS conversion on your car unless it has stock exaust on it.

Thanks,

hmmm, thats kinda BAD, lol

if it is done already why wouldnt you be able to do it? at least on a 725hp SS it shouldnt matter as long as there are Cats, but maybe you guys are more restricted being the mfg?

hmmm, thats kinda BAD, lol

if it is done already why wouldnt you be able to do it? at least on a 725hp SS it shouldnt matter as long as there are Cats, but maybe you guys are more restricted being the mfg?

Now I am really confused. originally the SS program was to have a JBA manifold back system instead of the Borla cat back. It was pulled I believe because SAI as a manufacturer needs to install 50 state legal exhaust only- but it seems like JBA and maybe others now offer this even in a LT set up. So... why are we still doing catback only and not manifold back??? Bud...... any clarification on this??? Thanks

WOW!!!!! What incredible news this is!!!!!!! 50 State legal LONG TUBES???!!! That is so great!!

Finally!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

CR, are you seeing this? Call Jason tomorrow! :hysterical:

Thank you Gordy, thank you very much!

WOW!!!!! What incredible news this is!!!!!!! 50 State legal LONG TUBES???!!! That is so great!!

Finally!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

CR, are you seeing this? Call Jason tomorrow! :hysterical:

Thank you Gordy, thank you very much!

Holy crap I hope this is real...I need to call Jason and have him get his rep at JBA to confirm that these are in fact longtubes, and are smog legal here in California!!!

Thanks for the PM Enis, good man! :shift: :happy feet:

Now I am really confused. originally the SS program was to have a JBA manifold back system instead of the Borla cat back. It was pulled I believe because SAI as a manufacturer needs to install 50 state legal exhaust only- but it seems like JBA and maybe others now offer this even in a LT set up. So... why are we still doing catback only and not manifold back??? Bud...... any clarification on this??? Thanks

When we (SAI) came up with the package, the headers were going to be part of the package. But at that time, the headers were not legal. So, the headers were removed from the package. Now, all of the tuners we get from Ford and from KB are ALL programed for the stock exhaust--which is all 50 state legal. At this time, we are still only going to build vehicle with stock exhaust. Now, if you still want to put the headers on AFTER you have your vehicle built, you can do so--it's your car :) Also, and you can contact Kenne Bell to verify---they do not like headers at all!!!! Most of them leak and can and do cause problems. They will also tell you that they do not recommend putting them on. And from what I have been reading (this is MY opinion and NOT SAI's) the headers do not really add that much more power--if any at all. I know I could spend that extra $2000-$3000 on better mods---like suspension, window tinting, detail products, tires (you know you will eventually need them LOL) etc.

If we do get a vehicle in here with headers, we have a couple options----1. the customer can send in ALL of the parts for the original stock exhaust and there will be an additional charge to reinstall them. 2. We will not build the car. My best suggestion would be, if you really want to put the headers on, PLEASE put them on AFTER your vehicle is built .

Bud

When we (SAI) came up with the package, the headers were going to be part of the package. But at that time, the headers were not legal. So, the headers were removed from the package. Now, all of the tuners we get from Ford and from KB are ALL programed for the stock exhaust--which is all 50 state legal. At this time, we are still only going to build vehicle with stock exhaust. Now, if you still want to put the headers on AFTER you have your vehicle built, you can do so--it's your car :) Also, and you can contact Kenne Bell to verify---they do not like headers at all!!!! Most of them leak and can and do cause problems. They will also tell you that they do not recommend putting them on. And from what I have been reading (this is MY opinion and NOT SAI's) the headers do not really add that much more power--if any at all. I know I could spend that extra $2000-$3000 on better mods---like suspension, window tinting, detail products, tires (you know you will eventually need them LOL) etc.

If we do get a vehicle in here with headers, we have a couple options----1. the customer can send in ALL of the parts for the original stock exhaust and there will be an additional charge to reinstall them. 2. We will not build the car. My best suggestion would be, if you really want to put the headers on, PLEASE put them on AFTER your vehicle is built .

Bud

well that settle'SS that......;)

Not per JBA's website. Here's the link. Good to know there are long tubes 50 state certified now. :jackinbox:

:happy feet:

Just got off the phone with JBA (just wanted to make 100% sure before I started telling customers they were now smog legal - hard to believe). The section at the bottom of the page where it says "50 State" is a generic box - not related directly to the part in question. If the part were truly 50 state certified, there would be a CARB number in the red box with all of the specs on the part.

As I assumed (I know - bad word) - LT headers will probably never be certified 50 State in California because it requires moving the upper cats - which is what blows the deal.

Soooo - dont get excited - they arent really smog legal.

Sorry :(

Just got off the phone with JBA (just wanted to make 100% sure before I started telling customers they were now smog legal - hard to believe). The section at the bottom of the page where it says "50 State" is a generic box - not related directly to the part in question. If the part were truly 50 state certified, there would be a CARB number in the red box with all of the specs on the part.

As I assumed (I know - bad word) - LT headers will probably never be certified 50 State in California because it requires moving the upper cats - which is what blows the deal.

Soooo - dont get excited - they arent really smog legal.

Sorry :(

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm really bummed. :banghead::banghead:

Thanks for the clearifcation, Page.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm really bummed. :banghead::banghead:

Thanks for the clearifcation, Page.

No problem. Just didnt want anyone to go out and shell out hard earned money thinking they were getting something thats not available. To to LT's you would have to move the cats. That alone kinda makes this impossible in California (the cats must remain in the OEM location).

Besides, there are SOOOO many other things you can do to the car :) Enjoy it being the first :):):)

Bud

Thanks Bud for clearing things up. Did JBA or anyone ever develop a legal manifoldback system that SAI could use as was originally planned?( Especially now that we know the LT setup is NG) Thanks

Archived