TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wrong place but I need help!

requis

Hey Folks,

Okay thanks for taking the time to look. So there is a sale at My local Good year Shop and I can get the American racin Shelby Razor Gunmetal rims for $289.00 plus tax ea, with the same tires as on our vehicles I can get Rim and Tire for $429.00 ea Installed, balanced etc. Plus tax

Is this a good deal??

Any one know...also it seems you can't get the Supercar tires in a 20 Inch unless your driving an SRT Magnum, any clue why 20 Inch tires make sense on the shelby. I measured tire widths from four vendors Good year, Nitto, Falcon, and DUnlop and the size difference is like a 1/4 Inch on width...which I'm not sure is worth the extra spend...

Cheers,

and thanks for your help!

Requis

Keep in mind, IF you want the tire pressure sensors switched over to the new wheels, it's gonna cost you almost $200 more just to buy the clamps that hold the sensors to your wheels. Good luck on everything else.

Chris

Naaahhh! Just got to your local plumbing supply and get some BIG ASS hose clamps.

Naaahhh! Just got to your local plumbing supply and get some BIG ASS hose clamps.

I also read today that Discount Tire has access to clamps for $22 or so. If I knew the exact width for the clamps I had thought about the plumbing companys also. Greg, would you mind dismounting one of your tires and letting us know what width clamp we need? :)

I also read today that Discount Tire has access to clamps for $22 or so. If I knew the exact width for the clamps I had thought about the plumbing companys also. Greg, would you mind dismounting one of your tires and letting us know what width clamp we need? :)

:doh:

SUUURRRE, NOOOOO PROBLEEEEMMMMMM!!!!

Maybe tomorrow.

Hey Requis,

What size Shelby Razors are you getting? According to the AR website, they only come in 9" width. Are they making a 9.5" or 10" for the GT500? I take it you did confirm that they fit over the Brembos?

I really want to get a set of the Razors, but I'd like 18 x 9's in the front and 18 x 10's in the back.

:sos:

Hey Requis,

What size Shelby Razors are you getting? According to the AR website, they only come in 9" width. Are they making a 9.5" or 10" for the GT500? I take it you did confirm that they fit over the Brembos?

I really want to get a set of the Razors, but I'd like 18 x 9's in the front and 18 x 10's in the back.

:sos:

Rear wheel is not a problem, the front has a new part number just released specifically for the GT 500 in terms of size I think they are 9.5 inch... I'll look at my paperwork to see what it says..haven't bought them yet...but its sounding more and more like I should wait.

Thanks for the help,

Barry

:doh:

SUUURRRE, NOOOOO PROBLEEEEMMMMMM!!!!

Maybe tomorrow.

While you have it up on the lift...would you mind looking at the clearances between the rear tire and the top of the wheel well....just curious if I lower it how much I can get away with. :)

Thanks

Barry

Rear wheel is not a problem, the front has a new part number just released specifically for the GT 500 in terms of size I think they are 9.5 inch... I'll look at my paperwork to see what it says..haven't bought them yet...but its sounding more and more like I should wait.

Thanks, Barry. I plan on ordering them as soon as I get a VIN.

Thanks, Barry. I plan on ordering them as soon as I get a VIN.

Just curious your tag lines say material hold no VIN...how do you get on material hold if your car hasn't yet been serialized. I just got my VIN called the Ford number and they have it up in the system...curious how you would know if the car is on material hold without a VIN number?

Does the price I'm being quoted sound reasonable then..I supect it will be less for you (US based) since I'm in Canada and well the price is always infinitely higher here!

Barry

Just curious your tag lines say material hold no VIN...how do you get on material hold if your car hasn't yet been serialized. I just got my VIN called the Ford number and they have it up in the system...curious how you would know if the car is on material hold without a VIN number?

Does the price I'm being quoted sound reasonable then..I supect it will be less for you (US based) since I'm in Canada and well the price is always infinitely higher here!

Barry

When Ford is not ready to pull an order, it is put on Material Hold. It doesn't mean it's actually on hold because of an issue with materials. It's just Ford hasn't gotten to me yet. Once they pull my order, I'll be taken off Material Hold and they'll assign a VIN.

I think $289, or somewhere around there, was what I was quoted for the Razors when I first talked to the AR rep. The price on the tires really high. Tire Rack has the Goodyear F1's for $249 each (285/40WR18)

www.tirerack.com

Archived