TEAM SHELBY FORUM

E AMG vs. SS 605

My brother in law has an AMG E55. It is a 5.4 supercharged beast. Specs have it at 11.5 quarter. He has had a few mods put on it, like headers w true duel exhaust, CAI. He has been putting my car down since I got it back. I do not race on the roads, I hate it. I do live in the country south of Indy. Anyway, he comes over or calls about every other night wanting me to get my car out. My father in law, who has been a car collector for as long as I have know him, also thought the E55 would be more than my car could handle. He came over Monday late afternoon, 70 degrees outside, sun just about to go down. He is at my house telling me my cars power is over rated. To much wheel spin. He would spot me five cars. I finally said let find out where this will go. Heads up. We pull out on the country road just down from my house and I tell him lets line up behind me and see if you can hang with me, and don't rear end me. From a 5 mile an hour role, with him on my ass, I hit the accelerator, and put about 10 on him before I came up on another car. We turn around, and I said you in front of me this time. Instead he lines up next to me. I saw a car in the distance coming so I said get in front of me. He just looked at me and I said go, he jumps on it and gets about 5 cars out before I engaged the clutch. By the time I was hard into second gear, I was all over him. He finally conceded that my car is much faster, and that he has been eating vets with his car. I do not like to street race ever, but I can say this once again, the 725hp I would not fear up to 120 mph. Its all about traction. If this car ever had some DR's on it, it would be a rocket. The 605 is plenty for me, plus for a little money, Evo can bump that up to 725. Love the car, The drop top gets lots of looks and comments. Most people don't even know what it is. Drive safe. Just a note, only 406 miles to date.

My brother in law has an AMG E55. It is a 5.4 supercharged beast. Specs have it at 11.5 quarter. He has had a few mods put on it, like headers w true duel exhaust, CAI. He has been putting my car down since I got it back. I do not race on the roads, I hate it. I do live in the country south of Indy. Anyway, he comes over or calls about every other night wanting me to get my car out. My father in law, who has been a car collector for as long as I have know him, also thought the E55 would be more than my car could handle. He came over Monday late afternoon, 70 degrees outside, sun just about to go down. He is at my house telling me my cars power is over rated. To much wheel spin. He would spot me five cars. I finally said let find out where this will go. Heads up. We pull out on the country road just down from my house and I tell him lets line up behind me and see if you can hang with me, and don't rear end me. From a 5 mile an hour role, with him on my ass, I hit the accelerator, and put about 10 on him before I came up on another car. We turn around, and I said you in front of me this time. Instead he lines up next to me. I saw a car in the distance coming so I said get in front of me. He just looked at me and I said go, he jumps on it and gets about 5 cars out before I engaged the clutch. By the time I was hard into second gear, I was all over him. He finally conceded that my car is much faster, and that he has been eating vets with his car. I do not like to street race ever, but I can say this once again, the 725hp I would not fear up to 120 mph. Its all about traction. If this car ever had some DR's on it, it would be a rocket. The 605 is plenty for me, plus for a little money, Evo can bump that up to 725. Love the car, The drop top gets lots of looks and comments. Most people don't even know what it is. Drive safe. Just a note, only 406 miles to date.

Nice story and congrats. on the win, I like how you taught him a lesson. I would love to see some pictures of your SS if you have any.

Nice story. Congrats.

I already have "played" with a Jag ZRK, a GTS, a DB9 and a rice rocket (moded Z350).........they could not beleive how fast this thing is (no mods yet on my GT500); the only one that knew what he was racing was the guy on the GTS.

Post pics on your SS please!

nice job. pretty much what i would expect depending on your buddies mod's. a frienf of mine has an e55. we went from rolls of 40-50-60 up to 120ish. i won all three times. my only mods at the time were tune & intake. he was stock. the e55 is no joke but even a lightly modified gt500 should take one pretty easy from a roll. from a dig stock vs stock would be a drivers race- possibly with the edge to the e55. my buddy doesnt even ask to race since i got my suspension and drag radials. again nice win.

Archived