TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Replacement in San Diego or SoCal???

svt boost

Has anyone had their clutch/flywheel replaced under warranty or with the new TSB in or around San Diego. I have the clutch hiss when fully depressed, but my dealer couldn't replicate and I want to maybe try someplace else first before I take it back. Sometime it is easier if you get someone to believe you if they have seen it in the past.

Has anyone had their clutch/flywheel replaced under warranty or with the new TSB in or around San Diego. I have the clutch hiss when fully depressed, but my dealer couldn't replicate and I want to maybe try someplace else first before I take it back. Sometime it is easier if you get someone to believe you if they have seen it in the past.

It will be a long haul for you, but Galpin Ford in Van Nuys will take care of your issue practally sight unseen. Otherwise, you might try Santa Margarita Ford. SMF is off of the 241 tollroad in Santa Margarita. I haven't had any work done by them in many months, but they are friends of mine and I don't think that they would push back on TSB with you.

It will be a long haul for you, but Galpin Ford in Van Nuys will take care of your issue practally sight unseen. Otherwise, you might try Santa Margarita Ford. SMF is off of the 241 tollroad in Santa Margarita. I haven't had any work done by them in many months, but they are friends of mine and I don't think that they would push back on TSB with you.

yeah I wouldn't mind the drive etc, but I would want to know it was taken care of if I make the trip otherwise the wife will kill me for the wasted time!

yeah I wouldn't mind the drive etc, but I would want to know it was taken care of if I make the trip otherwise the wife will kill me for the wasted time!

Then drive it up to Galpin and see Nelson Buss. Nelson is QUITE versed on this issue and will definately take care of you and your car. Unfortunately, it will take you two trips. One for him to see the car and verify mileage, and the second to fix it.

You might try calling him at (818) 756-3496. He might eleminate the first trip by taking your information over the phone, but I couldn't say for sure.

Then drive it up to Galpin and see Nelson Buss. Nelson is QUITE versed on this issue and will definately take care of you and your car. Unfortunately, it will take you two trips. One for him to see the car and verify mileage, and the second to fix it.

You might try calling him at (818) 756-3496. He might eleminate the first trip by taking your information over the phone, but I couldn't say for sure.

What Enis said. I took mine to Galpin and they took great care of me.

I called and spoke to Nelson today. He took my info over the phone and is ordering the parts. I have a Sep-06 build date and 7500 miles. I lost 5-months of valuable driving time to a badly broken leg. Since I've been back in the pilots seat I've seen increased hard shifting in 1st and 2nd. Looking forward to the fix. Thanks guys for the valuable info!!!

I called and spoke to Nelson today. He took my info over the phone and is ordering the parts. I have a Sep-06 build date and 7500 miles. I lost 5-months of valuable driving time to a badly broken leg. Since I've been back in the pilots seat I've seen increased hard shifting in 1st and 2nd. Looking forward to the fix. Thanks guys for the valuable info!!!

Really glad to hear that it's working out for you. There is allot to be said for taking your car into the biggest Ford dealer west of the Mississippi!

Nelson? He is a really great man, and will definately take care of you and your car.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump

I was wondering the same thing. Just in case I need the clutch/flywheel TSB in the future. Anybody know of a dealer in the San Diego area with a Master Tech that has GT500 experience? Good info to have just in case. This TSB issue has me a little worried. Alot of 07's an 08's seem to be falling victim to this problem.

• 1 month later...

Archived