TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Woodward Cruise

GT500SC07

Woodward was wild and crazy last night, The curbs were lined with people from 12 mile to 14 mile checking out the hundreds of cruisers. The Sheriff cruisers were in full force also, but seemed to be some what relaxed and just taking it all in. I saw more GT500's last night than I have since I bought the car two years ago. Tonight should be another great night on Woodward, they are calling for some fantastic weather and I plan to be there. Hey Fred If you are reading this try to make it out, I'll be parked in the Chrysler lot just north of thirteen mile on the east side of Woodward. :happy feet: :drool: :happy feet: :lurk:

Dang it, I knew we should have made it out last night! I guess we'll have to go out there tonight and check it out. My wife and I checked out Woodward Fri, Sat, Sun evening. What time were you out there? We're usually out for the last hour of light.

Woodward was wild and crazy last night, The curbs were lined with people from 12 mile to 14 mile checking out the hundreds of cruisers. The Sheriff cruisers were in full force also, but seemed to be some what relaxed and just taking it all in. I saw more GT500's last night than I have since I bought the car two years ago. Tonight should be another great night on Woodward, they are calling for some fantastic weather and I plan to be there. Hey Fred If you are reading this try to make it out, I'll be parked in the Chrysler lot just north of thirteen mile on the east side of Woodward. :happy feet: :drool: :happy feet: :lurk:

I took my Shelby to work today and am pulling 14 hours today ...I will be out at 10 PM heading to woodward. If you will stay up late let me know.

My wife and I are leaving the Chicago area for Livonia this AM. The GT500 stays home and we are bringing the Roush Stage 3 to do some track events with the Roush Club. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of GT500 guys this week.

Rick

I will be out until at least 11:00 PM or later. I got out there at 7:00 PM last night and it was busy even then.

See all you shebly runners tonight.

I'll be out there with my black F-250 and our two dogs this evening to just watch the cars go by. We'll be leaving the Mach 1 at home, so if you see my wife and I sitting on the side of the road in lawn chairs with a 90# rottie and a 170# English mastiff you'll know that's us! Honk and wave if you see us! :)

We were on the corner of 13Mile and Woodward last night for quite awhile checking out the cars. There were a lot of nice rides out there. I couldn't believe how busy it was! I might make a drag through there tonight on my way home from work after 9pm.

Team,

I'll be coming in Friday afternoon staying in Sothfield. Timken will have a booth (tailgate party) at the corner of Chester Rd. and Woodward Ave (just south of 13 mile) on Saturday. If you're at Woodward please stop by and say hello. Regards.

Stuart

Team,

I'll be coming in Friday afternoon staying in Sothfield. Timken will have a booth (tailgate party) at the corner of Chester Rd. and Woodward Ave (just south of 13 mile) on Saturday. If you're at Woodward please stop by and say hello. Regards.

Stuart

Cool will do my best to stop by.

shelby001 & I are coming friday afternoon.....

First time at Woodward for both of us.....

Does any one know the best spot to be at friday night?

Saturday we will be at Mustang alley...hope to meet team shelby members...look for a 07 vista blue Shelby& a black SS....

see ya

Steve

shelby001 & I are coming friday afternoon.....

First time at Woodward for both of us.....

Does any one know the best spot to be at friday night?

Saturday we will be at Mustang alley...hope to meet team shelby members...look for a 07 vista blue Shelby& a black SS....

see ya

Steve

i'm flying in on Friday... can't wait for Mustang alley too on Saturday... I heard there's a Ford sponsored show on Sunday too, so I'll stop by before going back to the airport.

--Russ

I had a blast cruising Woodward last night in my Shelby....it was packed to the degree my leg cramped up ...not a GOOD DAY FOR A STICK SHIFT..... lol.

I could manage to snap photos with my cell phone WHILE DRIVING A STICK...so forgive me for the quality but i thought something to share with you guys, am sure some one will post much better photos.

Image000-1.jpg

Image001-1.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

Did i said I LOVE WOODWARD CRUISING................ :happy feet: :dance::rockon::yahoo:

A fair number of Shelby's at the Cruise today. The SVT guys were great to talk to. We had a Red Roush Stage 3 Parked in the Library beside Mustang Alley. Brought the Roush this trip to use on the Waterford Track yesterday. I am convinced that my GT500 Mod list focused on Ford Racing upgrades is a good pic after looking at the GT500s on site today.

It was fun.....the first time i go cruising and i had a blast...however my leg cramped up from the heavy clutch but what the heck it is worth it.

It took me from Birmingham (15 mile road) to 13 mile road 2 hours...but was the most exciting two hours i had..!!

Every possible classic old original car you can imagine was there....the cruise was so civilized i could not believe it...people where happy, forgiving, cheerful, they will let you change lanes nicely...no crappy attitude...PURE CONCENTRATED FUN..!!

After the cruise was over i went for another turn...and the crowd was gone , seats were folded and the day was called off....i though gosh this was full of life just an hour ago....well....will wait till next year...Now i know why they rightfully called it DREAM cruise.

I took my Shelby to Downtown Detroit and two cops pulled next to me and gave me a thumb up...oddly another mustang was going fast in the other direction.(Canary Yellow) they turned around and pulled that one over....oops someone was in trouble..lol.

I drove back home and i had in my memory a place for that magnificent WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE that will stay with me for good.

Archived