TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY MASTERPIECES

ShelbyGT/SC

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got signed #64 today (was home for lunch) havent had a chance to look at it yet,

but if its anything like Corvette Masterpieces I will be very pleased.

I am in several pictures,

the most memorable for everyone will no doubt be

the one with my back to the camera standing with Tony, MM & Enis. :hysterical:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey everyone, I received an email from Jerry the other day saying the following. Thought I'd post this in case anyone wants one. These are the last remaining. If anyone wants one, Jerry's email and address is earlier in this thread. Reach out to him directly. If you do buy one, post it on this thread so people know it's no longer available.

Adam,

I have five Shelby books signed and numbered--75, 84, 86, 90 and 91.

They are $185 each plus shipping, or $200 with shipping.

Jerry Heasley

They can email me at cobra2549@aol.com

Jerry Heasley

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's worth noting - these were part of the first run of 289 books - and they're signed by both Jerry and Carroll. And if you're a 40th owner - there's a great spread in there dedicted to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's worth noting - these were part of the first run of 289 books - and they're signed by both Jerry and Carroll. And if you're a 40th owner - there's a great spread in there dedicted to it.

Good for you but I don't have a 40th and about my car is nothing inside. ;) like to save the 200$ for more parts that my car will be one day faster then yours. :) ok I know it will never happens but hey it's ok to have dreams!

By the way yes it's a awesome book!!

By now, many of you have heard of Jerry Heasley. Jerry is one of the most famous writers and photographers of special automobiles of modern times. He has worked with vehicles such as Shelby's, Corvettes, Orbitrons and many other. Click here to read more about him and some of his work in my blog. He has traveled the world taking some of the most famous pictures of some really famous cars and people. Also take a look at his site - www.jerryheasley.com.

Jerry is also a great guy. I got to hang out with him at the 85th CSBB. He and one of the Bull Run camera crew even joined me on the second leg into Vegas in my Tasca Shelby. As a freelance writer, Jerry travels to the locations, often at his own expense, working each photo shoot and story as a work of art. He takes pride in being able to tell real-world stories about people and their cars. He also really enjoys putting people's cars in the magazines and seeing how appreciative they are in seeing their car in those magazines. He even wrote a paragraph about me (from riding with me in the Bull Run) in Mustang Monthly this past June. I was thrilled.

As you'll see in my blog, he has written some great books such Mustang Weekend Projects, Mustang Chronicles, Corvette Masterpieces and many more. I own a signed copy of the Corvette Masterpieces and it's an awesome book. He has written many of the stories and taken most pics in magazines such as Mustang Monthly and Modified Mustangs, among other. Jerry even wrote most stories and took most pics for the Shelby magazine last year and is currently working on another one right now.

Well I'd like to let you all know that Jerry has written another long awaited amazing hard covered book called SHELBY MASTERPIECES. Here is the cover. Naturally, as you see, it's of the 2008 GT500 KR in my favorite color choices for the KR the silver with blue stripes.

ShelbyMasterpieces-Heasley.jpg

These books will be available for sale September 16th. The first 289 books will be signed by Mr. Carroll Shelby and Jerry and will come with a numbered plaque (and I think a certificate of authentication for the Shelby signature). Don't bother asking for book number 38 because I've already preordered it.

The price of these books is not yet set, but I would assume that if the Shelby signature is $150 and then add the cost of writing, making, shipping and so forth, I am guessing it will be (Edited... around $149 for numbers 11-288). I will have no problem paying for a special edition book like this in that price range. I think the first book may go for auction at BJ this January. I'm sure it will move to a pretty high price increasing the value of all the other 288 books. In fact, I may try to order book number 289 too.

I am confident that they will go really fast. The non-signed, non-numbered books will go for sale on some of the major store sites such as Amazon, Barnes and Borders sometime in a few months.

So if you're interested in ordering one, either post here on this topic or email Jerry at jerry@jerryheasley.com. If you email Jerry, still post here as it would be interesting seeing how many pre-orders we can get.

Enjoy

Adam

EDIT - I'll start listing the numbers people are selecting to try to avoid duplicates:

UPDATE Oct 14 - we're up to post #91

Numbered:

10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 24, 25, 26, 31, 33, 37, 38, 41, 44, 46, 50, 53, 57, 59, 64, 66, 68, 72, 74, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 85, 87, 88, 89, 97, 99, 100, 102, 110, 112, 127, 185, 187, 192, 257, 281, 288, 289

UPDATE AUG 31:

Jerry said the first book will go for auction. Then books 4-10 and 289 will be special priced for $299 based on the low and last numbers.

One last thing, since someone posted Jerry's address, I will add it here:

Jerry Heasley, 1919 Holly Lane, Pampa TX 79065

I have the number 75 now. It's a marvelous book, fascinating subjects and a perfect blend of information and excellent photography. Surely a cornerstone for any useful Shelby literature collection.

Hey everyone, I received an email from Jerry the other day saying the following. Thought I'd post this in case anyone wants one. These are the last remaining. If anyone wants one, Jerry's email and address is earlier in this thread. Reach out to him directly. If you do buy one, post it on this thread so people know it's no longer available.

Adam,

I have five Shelby books signed and numbered--75, 84, 86, 90 and 91.

They are $185 each plus shipping, or $200 with shipping.

Jerry Heasley

Adam did you get my PM??? Ken

Sorry about that Ken, I could have sworn I did reply. If I sent Ken's email to anyone else, please just ignore it.

Ken, I just sent you Jerry's email which is cobra2549@aol.com. For anyone just wondering what that 2549 is, I am pretty sure it's his Shelby Cobra number. I thought he had some pics of it on his website but I just looked and it wasn't there. You should all check out his site, it's awesome with some great pics. Just Google his name, Jerry Heasley.

I received #90 this week. It is a great book. I had high expectations for this book and it exceeded it.

Onirb (and Frank S) glad you guys like the book. Please, if you don't mind, send Jerry an email letting him know how much you like the book. He's a great man and clearly a Shelby lover. I'm sure he'd love to hear from all of us for that matter. I know Jerry put a tremendous amount of work into this book. Better yet let's hear from everyone and I'll have him monitor this thread to hear your praise. Thank you all.

I got # 50 when he first posted the limited # signed book availability. I also purchased one from a local book store so I can preserve the signed copy. It is a great book that I look at vry often. Very well done and must have.

I got # 50 when he first posted the limited # signed book availability. I also purchased one from a local book store so I can preserve the signed copy. It is a great book that I look at vry often. Very well done and must have.

Great idea - I may have to do the same. I have #78 and I'd rather that not get beat up on the coffee table.

Thanks Tom. Here's an update on the book. I have 7more books signed by Carroll. They are numbers 105, 106, 107, 109, 110, 111, and 112.

Email me at cobra2549@aol.com if you want a copy. I'll also sign and send out priority mail through the post office if you are in the United States.

The book is almost sold out of regular copies. I can also send out regular copies. They are $35. Cost is $185 for double-signed copies with the Cobra sticker with book number attached. Make it $200 with shipping in U.S. Those flat rate boxes hold up to three copies at no extra shipping charge. If you want a second book with no signature, just add $35. Email me with your contact info.

There are about 800 regular copies left so the book should be gone in another quarter or so. No reprint as far as I know because Krause has quit doing car books.

I

Hey Jerry, I'll give you a call as I want to buy one. Since these are the last ones available, I want to grab another one. I'll take #105.

Hey all, these are the last ones available that I know of so this might be your last chance.

Adam

• 2 years later...

Archived