TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire Pressure Management System

FordEvangelist

Any '07 owners who have already gone to custom rims?

Any issues with the TPMS if you have? It's my understanding that the '07's (maybe 06's too?) have the TPMS band wrapped around each rim. If you go to custom rims do you just leave that off?

I've been told on another forum that you'll just get a message center nag each time you start the car if you don't have the bands.

Thanks.

Any '07 owners who have already gone to custom rims?

Any issues with the TPMS if you have? It's my understanding that the '07's (maybe 06's too?) have the TPMS band wrapped around each rim. If you go to custom rims do you just leave that off?

I've been told on another forum that you'll just get a message center nag each time you start the car if you don't have the bands.

Thanks.

Here is a thread having to to with this. I have been dealing with it too, as I have chromed wheels I want to put on my car as soon as it gets here.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=2427

post-5894-1158850594_thumb.jpg

post-5894-1158850594_thumb.jpg

DiscountTire is ordering 4 new bands ($22) and 4 new brackets ($22) for me. They will then use the original sensors from my original wheels.

An option I've thought about is if the sensors work by comparing relative tires speeds... just permanently attach them to each axle (or fenderwell) 8-] Would always indicate they were stopped :)

Naturally, if htey sense pressure that would be a problem.

Have talked with another person who went from factory 17" wheels to custom 18"rims on an '07 Mustang Gt and he said that there are no problems with it other than having to reset the Message Center every so often when the warning shows up.

Archived