TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger Finally Done And It is Fantastic

I got my car back yesterday from Tampa Bay Shelby and I couldn't have asked for more. It is such a beautiful installation. They didn't miss a trick. What an unbelievable experience. I am very happy. The valve covers, radiator cross over and intercoller manifold were powder coated for looks and to keep it looking good for the duration. They added the braided lines on the ones that they thought would look the best. They polished all the bands and fuel rails and anything else they could get their hands on. Kevin also built a polished piece that fits on top of the radiator and hides the tank overflow hose. It looks great. I know that I'm very happy with their work.

What a difference in power and delivery. It comes on so smooth and strong that it feels like the car was made for this kind of power. I love it and I can't stop driving it. It makes the most incredible sound when it is under boost and it just goes and goes. I have only had the chance to really get on it twice but I can tell you that it will be doing 100 before you know what's going on. The first time I had the Traction Control on and it was trying it's best to keep the tires from spinning but the second time it was off, no problem getting my 275s loose now. It's just fantastic. I can't wipe the you know what eating grin off of my face every time I fire this thing up.

Here are some shots I took today when I wasn't driving it or showing it off to everyone that would look.

IMG_8167.jpg

IMG_8158.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

IMG_8163.jpg

IMG_8151.jpg

Oh yea, I had to add some silver Pit Stripes today. I just couldn't resist. They look great. I'll get some better shots later when it isn't so sunny.

IMG_8173.jpg

If you have any questions or are looking for info on Tampa Bay Shelby let me know. For goodness sakes they even folded the towel I had in the trunk. What more can I say.

Don

VERY NICE!!! CLEAN JOB!!! They are to be commended on their work. Looks like a place I'd like to do business with. Did you not get the Shelby GT/SC stripes? Or is that planned for later?

I'm so jealous....I'm gonna have to get me a paper route so I can someday afford one of those....

VERY NICE!!! CLEAN JOB!!! They are to be commended on their work. Looks like a place I'd like to do business with. Did you not get the Shelby GT/SC stripes? Or is that planned for later?

I'm so jealous....I'm gonna have to get me a paper route so I can someday afford one of those....

Thanks man I appreciate the kind words. They are working on it. Tampa Bay Shelby is an authorized dealer and a builder of CSX Cobras but not an official mod shop. Shelby is being pretty stingy about giving up the stripes but Steve is working them over to get them for me and the other SGTs he has done Paxton's. We'll see. I bought the Whipple from Shelby but I'm not that worried about it.

Don

NICE all around!

Jer

I got my car back yesterday from Tampa Bay Shelby and I couldn't have asked for more. It is such a beautiful installation. They didn't miss a trick.

VERY nice! I noticed in one of the earlier shots that they left a pair of needle nose pliers inside the manifold so if you hear a clunking noise...(just kidding).

VERY nice! I noticed in one of the earlier shots that they left a pair of needle nose pliers inside the manifold so if you hear a clunking noise...(just kidding).

Nice!!!! I hope not. Actually there is a bunch of ticking going on but I think it's just those new injectors. I'm pretty sure that big old blower will just grind up any residual material they left in the engine.

I tell you what CudaFly, this is all your fault. It was you winning the mod trophy at the Shelby Roundup in Oveido that made me want to do this and that's the truth. I wanted to at least give you a bit of competition next year even though you have one really nice SGT and I'm just a rookie.

Don

Beautiful Job Don. It's obvious that Tampa Bay takes pride in their work. Detail work looks first rate. Lets see, Charlotte to Tampa Bay, less than 600 miles :shift:

Jim

Looks fantastic, I especially like the cam covers and thermostat housing.

One suggestion, check out Canton Racing products. They make direct replacement intercooler and radiator overflow tanks in stainless, that can be polished or coated to match your camcovers.

Very nice car!

Looks fantastic, I especially like the cam covers and thermostat housing.

One suggestion, check out Canton Racing products. They make direct replacement intercooler and radiator overflow tanks in stainless, that can be polished or coated to match your camcovers.

Very nice car!

Thanks for the info on the Canton tanks. I have been looking at the Moroso ones but hadn't seen the Canton tanks. They are pretty nice pieces that I might have to consider. I really like that they make tanks that accept the stock caps, that way they will work with the Shelby billet caps that I have. Appreciate the info and by the way your car is really nice. That color is great and wheels and everything works really well together. Very nice indeed.

Don

Don...

Looks great!!! Can't wait to see it at the next Florida Shelby meet... Maybe we can get together, too as my wife and I travel the US19 corridor from New Port Richey to St. Pete, everyday in our Black SGT.

Awesome looking!!!

Gary

Thanks Gary. I have been thinking about this for some time. We need to put together a gathering somewhere here around the Tampa Bay area. Nothing to fancy just a get together with who ever comes so we can meet again and hang out. I mean once a year to get together at a great event is just not enough. I know that there are at least a couple other SGTs and some GT500s in the area. It doesn't have to be just Shelby's either. Any Mustang would be welcome or Ford or what the heck Chevys also. No Mopars, that's going a bit to far on the nice stuff. It would be nice to pick a park or beach or something and meet for an afternoon. Think about it and when the weather turns a bit cooler and the stars align lets put something together and make it happen. I'm up for coordinating it when the time comes.

Don

This type of work makes me re-think whether or not I really care if it is an actual registered Mod-Shop. It looks like this place takes great pride in there work and the attnetion to detail in the pictures is second to none. Well done, I am jealous.

Do you mind listing how much this cost??

Don,

I agree that once a year is a long time to wait!!! The weather is starting to cool off and the Car Show season is starting to gear up. We show our '65 GT Fastback and the weekends are starting to fill up. We can get our local guys together with a little bit of advance notice. I know my wife and I would be up for it...

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

This Whipple install is TOP!! It's almost like one of those things where you open the hood and some theme music starts playing in the background. . . . . like the reveal on one of those car rebuilder shows on MTV. Seriously!!! I want mine to turn out like that!!

I have a question. . . . did you get a dyno run done yet? If so - do you have a copy of the dyno sheet showing your power curves you could post up here???

Trevor

Thanks guys for the kind words. Actually, I have the theme to Love Boat play when I open the hood. Not really, but I know that every time I look at the dang thing it still blows me away. I had something to do with it in that I footed the bill and said yes when TBS suggested something but besides that it's really their creation.

It was not cheap. Let's say north of 7K or more for the whole deal but I had some additional work done to mine. I know that Tasca charges somewhere in the 7K range for the Whipple. I'm not sure if that still holds true. I've heard that Whipple is raising their prices by about 1K so that will change the whole install cost.

The best thing about the install is that not only does it look good but it goes. Nothing like having even more HPs just waiting for you to play with.

I haven't dynod it yet. I was at a show Saturday with the TBS guys and they want to dyno it but my work schedule is just brutal right now so it will be a couple more weeks before I can get over there for the runs. No big hurry, I can tell by my seat of the pants dyno that it's not lacking in power. I also can tell you that the guy in the Aston Martin Vantage, last week, got a taste of Mr. Whipple and he thinks it's running pretty good.

Thanks again.,

Don

• 1 year later...
What a beautiful install, just excellence pure and simple. They really went over the top and your a lucky man to have that kind of shop near your home. Again...wow.

Don,

Long time no talk. Still enjoying the SC? Did ou ever put a cross brace back on the car?

Regards, Joe

Archived