TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 40th CSM #27

He has this listed in the local craig's list for $85K. I am not sure what the real value is of the car, what are some other opinions, is this too high, too low or about right?

I'm thinking maybe a tad high at this stage only because of the price 07 GT500's are going for now and the fact that (I believe) they have'nt hit the "500 copies made yet" point but one thing is for sure, he did a GREAT job on the ad and now I even learned something and that is why they use the "XL" in the CSM number. It will be interesting to see what this car brings!

If the guy paid $55,000 for the car, he probably has $90,000 plus into it with all of the mods and shipping to SAI. With only 1,800 miles, I think it would be a great buy for someone looking for a high performance 40th. If I didn't have one, I wouldn't blink to get this one. the 40th in Black with the Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes (SSSSS) really is a show stopper. If all the mod work was done at Shelby, it will all be in the registry and this will be a very rare car someday.

I am a bit biased because I have an almost identical car, (mine is #041, also black and silver), but I believe they could be more valuable than the SS at some point due to the limited # being produced. I agree that it may be priced a little high for todays market, but I don't think it is completly unreasonable.

I absolutely LOVE my car and the way it looks. They all look good, but the 40th just gives it that extra little something to set it apart, makes it look a lot more aggressive. In my opinion it is definately a show stopper in this color combo, (also a maintanance nightmare I might add). But worth it.

Archived