TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Tasca Shelby Jr.

ShelbyGT/SC

Okay, here is the latest edition to the Shelby GT/SC. It's Tasca Shelby Jr. - rookie stripes, MFG-013 plates and all.

Here are just a few pics. There are many more pics on my photobucket site at this link. They are still loading on that site and more will follow but I am off to the Seekonk Speedway with AJ. We'll look forward to your comments on the blackberry tonight.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd174/a...%20Shelby%20Jr/

Amy, please don't tell Carroll I forged his signature (or Tasca's either for that matter). LOL

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

Adam,

I think I may have to contact my attorney. Mary Katherine has had 07SGT0109.5 sitting in the garage since Christmas. I think there might be patent infringements.

Seriously though. Even though she won't be ready for it for a couple of years I figured I better get her one then so it could match mine. I even sent Amy a message asking if I could purchase some sort of CSM plate to mount on it but she never responded.

It looks great, what kind of paint did you use and how did you handle the GT emblems on the sides?

Adam !!!! Very Cool! I'm sure your son is just tickled pink to have a car like his Dad's. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to bring that along with a small trailer behind the car for shows! I'll bet it would be a show stopper. It would an easy way to a first place trophy.

Catch you later,

Tim

Very cool! Nice job Adam and congrats AJ. He may be able to take you on the hole shot now, Adam--those electric mustangs have a lot of torque! :hysterical:

I am going to refrain from showing this to my son, though, or I'd have yet another project!

Okay, here is the latest edition to the Shelby GT/SC. It's Tasca Shelby Jr. - rookie stripes, MFG-013 plates and all.

Here are just a few pics. There are many more pics on my photobucket site at this link. They are still loading on that site and more will follow but I am off to the Seekonk Speedway with AJ. We'll look forward to your comments on the blackberry tonight.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd174/a...%20Shelby%20Jr/

Amy, please don't tell Carroll I forged his signature (or Tasca's either for that matter). LOL

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

Very nice . Where did you get it ?

Thanks again all.

Jayson, sorry I missed the question.

At first I used a basic flat-black primer. Then I ended up finding some spray paint made for plastic such as lawn chairs. I don't think anything is really good short of finding a black car and striping with vinyl. The side stripes are vinyl but the top is sliver paint. The silver ended up eating away the black in areas. I couldn't fix it so some spots are bumpy but he doesn't mind. The bottom line is that any little scratch will pull some of the paint off so it's constant touchups. Any exper opinions out there are welcome.

If I were to do it again, I would recommend finding the color car you like and using vinyl stripes.

I just left the GT emblems on the side alone. I thought about touching them up with the silver but I wanted to highlight the stickers I added instead.

You guys are funny.

Jayson, let's see some pics.

Adam,

It is still in pieces in my garage. I haven't been in a hurry to get it done since MK is still a few years away from being able to drive it. I figured it would make a good project for this winter. I will post some pics when I start working on it though.

I think I might let a body shop apply the paint. I was told they have a additive that will let the paint adhere to the plastic. One of the techs looked at a piece and said he thought it was paintable with the additive. I'll keep you informed when I start on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived