TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake quarter window scoops installed !

Those look great :happy feet:

How is the inlet finished? I see its black is it just painted?

Yeah, they painted the inlet in a very high gloss black, which I was a little worried about until I saw it, I originally asked them to do it in a matte black but they said the gloss would look better, I'm glad I listened to them.

I still wish that sai had designed them with a mesh inset to match the hood scoop or the side scoops, but I'm happy with them the way they came out.

Thanks guys for the complements, I couldn't wait to get the pics up, I definitely love the look. :happy feet:

Yeah, they painted the inlet in a very high gloss black, which I was a little worried about until I saw it, I originally asked them to do it in a matte black but they said the gloss would look better, I'm glad I listened to them.

I still wish that sai had designed them with a mesh inset to match the hood scoop or the side scoops, but I'm happy with them the way they came out.

Thanks guys for the complements, I couldn't wait to get the pics up, I definitely love the look. :happy feet:

They look absolutely kick ass !!! IMHO :)

Looks great and reminiscent (sp?) of the 67-68 Shelby GTs (350/500)!!

My thoughts exactly!

The day I took these pics I had an older couple, probably in their 80's walk past my car. The husband gave me a big grin and waved hello and even his wife was smiling. there is just something about a Shelby.

and thanks again to everyone for the positive feedback.

I thought about going with scoops on the quarter windows but I decided to go with more of a '65 / '66 GT350 R model look for my car. SPP had just gotten these in and I got this pair on Friday.

Nice. The aluminum trim on the windows looks great too! I have the convertible so neither is an option. :cry: That is a plus for the coupe for sure. The trade off is the light bar. I like it because it reminds me of the 1968 convertible Shelbys. :)

Looks great, I got mine from Hubcapsplus.com and they came painted and it's been a year and no problems. They also have other stuff that pre-painted, I'm not a fan of body shops the only one thats trust worthy is in staten island that's 1:40mins from me southbound. If you can get your hands on mothers FX spray wax the stuff is incredible. I have a bk sgt and hardly ever wax it and people think it's wax to death, I think white is harder than black to keep clean. I had a white car drove me crazy getting out the black stain and forget about parking in the city. Love those wheels nice match up to your car.

post-18733-1218861293_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1218861341_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1218861293_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1218861341_thumb.jpg

I got my quarter window scoops on today, they turned out awesome !! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well here are the pics! :drool:

Shelbywrazorsandscoops010.jpg

Shelbywrazorsandscoops004.jpg

100_0106.jpg

Shelbywrazorsandscoops002.jpg

Shelbywrazorsandscoops006.jpg

Shelbywrazorsandscoops012-1.jpg

just looking at rear shot of your car you should try blk tape to see if it brings out the scoop. Also might blend with car making it look like a functional scoop. just a thought.

• 1 month later...
Looks great, I got mine from Hubcapsplus.com and they came painted and it's been a year and no problems. They also have other stuff that pre-painted, I'm not a fan of body shops the only one thats trust worthy is in staten island that's 1:40mins from me southbound. If you can get your hands on mothers FX spray wax the stuff is incredible. I have a bk sgt and hardly ever wax it and people think it's wax to death, I think white is harder than black to keep clean. I had a white car drove me crazy getting out the black stain and forget about parking in the city. Love those wheels nice match up to your car.

ok newbie question, how do they attach?

Cool Scoops. :happy feet:

Reminds me of the old school look.

LasVegasCarPics069.jpg

LasVegasCarPics068.jpg

Nothing compares to those original scoops then , now and for ever ...............I wish they had copied those directly on to my 07 SGT......Dam they missed the greatest design accent ever put on a car , and it was functional .....................I want them............ZDS

I got my quarter window scoops on today, they turned out awesome !! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well here are the pics! :drool:

Shelbywrazorsandscoops010.jpg

Shelbywrazorsandscoops004.jpg

100_0106.jpg

Shelbywrazorsandscoops002.jpg

Shelbywrazorsandscoops006.jpg

Shelbywrazorsandscoops012-1.jpg

look so awesome i ordered mine for my black car, my body shop will paint and stick them on for $100-total, what a deal. QUESTION for all, with the black cars have inlet be flat black or gloss same as car? thanks for comments

Archived