TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC-33 Aug 15th - 17th

captdave

SAAC-33 is now over. Rick said he has never had more perfect weather than SAAC-33 at NJMP. I think everyone had a great time. Nice to know that NJMP is now the home of the SAAC. I look forward to SAAC-34 in South Jersey.

CaptDave

It really was a great event.

Here's a link to a quick view of the Car Show lineup of SGT, GT500 and SVT cars...

From someone who hasn't attended a SAAC event in a long time, SAAC 33 was AWESOME! To everyone who put this together, you all R O C K! :rockon: I didn't get a chance to race on the track, but it looked sweet and the race track staff was as friendly as could be.

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect going in, however, I met a lot of SAAC people and they were great. Of those, DavidDalton, ComputerWorks (Ron), GT350SHELB (Phil), CaptDave (Dave) - the former rabble rousers :hysterical: showed us a genuine good time, made us feel welcome and I appreciate that very much. :grouphug: I am very glad and fortunate enough to have attended #33 :woot:

Maybe next year I can bring my own Shelby to SAAC 34 :dance: as I look forward to attending.

DOH - I just realized I didn't get a SAAC 33 t-shirt :fool: This mean I didn't get Sharon one either. We need a dog house smilie here!

Here's a link to a quick view of the Car Show lineup of SGT, GT500 and SVT cars...

AWESOME VIDEO BUD!!! I saw my car in the beginning of the film (6th car in, Blue/white stripes, with center fog lights).

I gotta say, this was my 1st event, and...IT WAS SUCH A BLAST!!!! The Shine & Show field was filled with some wonderful newer gen cars (the 1st 15 cars, including mine, were all together from Bad Mustangs Club). The Shelby cars, on the pavement were stunning, and the Hi Performance section was do die for!! Heck, I was floored when they gave everyone that beautiful medallion for signing up for the show!! That was too cool!!!

The racing was simply amazing!! While I didn't do open track sessions, one of our members did. He was driving the 2007 Grabber Orange Saleen Parnelli Jones Mustang. Was very cool to see him come down the back stretch, and under the bridge. Got some great shots.

The Orange/White GT40 and Cobra Daytonas, all were INSANE SOUNDING!!! I could honestly listen to those cars run around the track all day. They sound that good. Automotive Nirvana!!! :shift:

Once the vintage started, we all lined up for the parade laps, and for $10, that was the cats meow, for all of us! We don't track our cars (the new gens that were in the beginning of the front row in Shine & Show, starting from closest to the gas pumps), but we didn't want pass that chance up to run the new track. And what a track it is. Very cool, with lots of turns, and plenty of space to open the cars up. Since the bunch of us were in the 1st row to get on the track, we got to open it up some (I got to about 65-70 in some spots), and that was priceless to me!!

And on the member front! While I didn't meet everyone, I did spend several minutes chatting with Z-Man, and checking out his cool Orange FIA stripe on his GT500 :happy feet: . Great idea, to be able to pick the car out on the track. Car looked super!!! Z, it was a pleasure to meet you and chat with you. A great guess when you saw me walking down the lane. And thank you again, for the kind compliments on my car.

And while registering for the Shine & Show, I saw ROSSSVT's car pull in (how can you not miss his SICK looking car :drool:). Walked over and introduced myself to Roger and Adam! While I didn't get a chance to get to the Shelby tent and talk longer, (wish I did, as I also missed my chance to have Amy B sign my visor :banghead: ) it was a pleasure to meet you both in person in that short time I had.

All in all, SO WORTH THE WAIT!!! Can't wait till next summer. May have to take off and go all 3 days!!! :shift:

DOH - I just realized I didn't get a SAAC 33 t-shirt :fool: This mean I didn't get Sharon one either. We need a dog house smilie here!

Send me the sizes...I'll get you out of the Fido-casa. :-)

Great to meet you...wish we had more time together....

I went to SAAC-33 Today (Sunday). I had a great time and everyone I met was super and everyone else also appeared to have a good time.

I went on the parade lap and picked up a hitch-hiker who wants to take up future track running and wanted to see the track from a different vantage point than from behind the fence. I was able to point out and demonstrate the turn apexes and turn lines. When it came time for me to leave the paddock, one of the officials got directly in front of my car and was looking everywhere but at me. The other official kept waving for me to leave but obviously I couldn't with this guy standing directly in front of me. Finally the second official noticed why I wasn't moving and finally got the first guy's attention and moved him out of the way. This left a considerable gap between me and car in front of me and I was able to demonstate to my passenger some of my car's performance and handling. From the way my passenger's eyes bugged out, I'm sure he thought I wasn't going to make some of those turns. But I know my car's handling and it still had some in reserve. Once he realized that I knew what I was doing and wasn't going to end up making donuts in the dirt, he relaxed.

I entered the Shine and Show but had absolutely zero expectations since there were so many incredible cars there. So I didn't even consider attending the awards handout and went on the parade lap instead. When I returned from the parade lap, one of the judges was waiting for me which puzzled me a little. I didn't spend much thought on it since I was more focused on backing into my parking space. After I exited the car, the official came up to me and much to my total astonishment handed me the award for Nastiest Car of SAAC-33! (and I thought I had done a fair job of cleaning it....joking...joking).

To wrap it up. I got home exhausted (a long drive from Northern Virginia) but I was more than glad I went and plan on going next year to include getting some track time in (got to find a metal bracket for my fire extinguisher).

That's great that you did that video for us, Ron. It would have been nice to meet you. Did I see you in one of the GT350Hs there?

Any chance you got some video of us running on the track?

Any chance you got some video of us running on the track?

Sorry I missed meeting many people...spent a lot of time running around. :-)

I didn't get much of the Open Track sessions...

..here's one, but it's hard to see detail...the sound is more fun.

I do have a lot of pics and some great Vintage Race video on my "Trip Report" ...take a look.

http://saac.com/index.php?topic=2170.0

This was a fantastic event! :)

The most rewarding was meeting fellow members and reaquainting with some old friends.

The turnout was great the weather as good as it gets, the event well run, the facility top notch and placing a face to a "screen name" was awesome!

It was nice to finally meet all of you and looking forward to SAAC 34 in NJ!

I think I may have the rarest name tag as Capt. Dave did not sign mine :hysterical:

Roger

I think I may have the rarest name tag as Capt. Dave did not sign mine :hysterical:

Roger

Roger

Looks like you missed out. There is now a CaptDave name tag registry. You just missed it. Robert Lane is in the registry.

CaptDave

Roger

Looks like you missed out. There is now a CaptDave name tag registry. You just missed it. Robert Lane is in the registry.

CaptDave

I don't think you wanted to sign mine Capt. :cry:

You signed Adam's and I was standing there and you did not offer. :redcard:

I guess I will need to wait until next year.

I was there Sat. with the Brown 70' Mach 1 , walked around quite a bit watching the track action..stopoped by to say hello to Amy & Co. but she was in a deep conversation with Tony Branda and I did not want to be rude. What a great event. a lot better than the last one I attended at Pocono. Chris

I don't think you wanted to sign mine Capt. :cry:

You signed Adam's and I was standing there and you did not offer. :redcard:

I guess I will need to wait until next year.

I didn't know. You should have jumped in. Sorry about that.

CaptDave

Yes you did buddy! THANK YOU!!! Its the blue/white stripe with the center fogs (and show sign in front). :happy feet: Great shot!!!

I saw your car. I thought it was pretty nice. That sign out front really gets your attention. Made me stop and look for a while.

CaptDave

Thanks for the compliment Dave. That sign only has about half of the modifications I have on the car. I got too many to list on that small sign. :shift:

While I was talking to my brother back home about the show I was walking past your car. I stopped and checked your car out more than any NewGen and most Classics in that area. That sign did a great job. I wish we had stuff like that 25 years ago. It really works.

And you have a pretty nice car also.

CaptDave

I would like to thank the Team shelby crew for the hospitality at SAAC 33.

Thanks Robert , Need any more capt dave stickers?

Tell Amy she will have to wait till my next trip to Vegas or SAAC-34 for an official CaptDave numbered autograph.

CaptDave

Archived