TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby/SAAC Update

amyb

This is the place to discuss the update that Amy just posted in the news and announcements of all sections. it is pinned in all sections

Amy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news. They have done great work at SAAC in preserving the heritage of "vintage" Shelby automobiles.

Combine this with the "new generation" and we have an unbeatable combination. We are much stronger together.

Congratulations to both sides and the many decicated people who worked to get this done.

SAAC 33 will be one to remember.

Just saw the announcement...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...f=110&id=47

This is posted on the saacforum site...

The Shelby American Automobile Club has reached an agreement with Carroll Shelby and his companies to end the legal battles and return to the normal life of having fun and enjoying the people and the cars of our hobby.

This is the result of some very hard work by people from both organizations. Rick and Ken, as well as tireless effort by Dave Mathews, Ron Richards and Dave Winkler at SAAC... and Amy Boylan and Carroll Shelby at CSL and Shelby Autos.

... all worked through the negotiations that settled any and all disagreements and put us all on the same page.

... where we can all get back to enjoying the cars and the history of Shelby American.

Much more detail to follow over the next few weeks, but, now more than ever:

..... don't miss the celebration at SAAC-33...

We'll be there...Team Shelby will be there...

Thanks to you, Amy...and the folks at Shelby Autos... now SAAC and Team Shelby own the road together.

...we can all get back now to...having fun!

It is a great thing!!!

Now you can love both the old and the new in one place-- and we can all get along like family.

Who all is going???

I am. Are you, Roger? I know Adam is, right???

This is going to be one kicking reunion!!!!! See you there!!!!!

Chris

I will be there Chris. We should catch up this week. I will PM my cell.

If you have not seen the "New Track" you need to visit this site

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/

What a fantastic facility on the East Coast. It will be a great time.

Roger

This is the place to discuss the update that Amy just posted in the news and announcements of all sections. it is pinned in all sections

Amy

Way to go, Amy. What great news. Brings a warm feeling to my heart. I think now I will be making a showing. See you all there.

And if anyone is going to ATCO tomorrow - I'll see you there as well.

Yea...I guess. I'm surprised, after all the negative things that were said about CS...it got pretty nasty.

Lets let it go.... alot is always said in anger, there is time to get back or move on, we are back together was best!

Amy

It's time to bury the hatchet. Family is family, and I think it is a very good thing for everyone involved. I am sure those things were said in the heat of battle, and I think we should just let bygones be bygones...

Hey, look at it this way: we are going to have some incredible shows and nationals! The whole family will be there, and it's gonna be huge

Chris

I think that when all the information is on the table, we will find that it ended up being that everyone wanted to ensure that there was mutual respect, because the bottom line usually ends up being, that we all want to be respected for our efforts in life. No matter what you ever thought about this past conflict, we all should be glad that this is over, with all the major participants feeling good about the results.

Just saw the announcement...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...f=110&id=47

This is posted on the saacforum site...

Thanks to you, Amy...and the folks at Shelby Autos... now SAAC and Team Shelby own the road together.

...we can all get back now to...having fun!

..and I still owe you some good kc bbq at my best joint when you get to the area

John

This is GREAT News...................................... now maybe the other site will remove all of the Negative stuff.

David.

David,

I don't think it's about removing what was said. It's said and over with. Now is the time to move on and leave it all behind. It's a new day for everyone. I'm very happy about that and extited about the future.

Roger

I will be looking for some changes to the SAAC site. I know it will take time - I imagine this agreement is recent.
the changes you and I seek are forthcoming. War is hell and this one was no different. however I feel that from this situation SAAC has grown in many areas that were stagnant. we have a good friend once again in Carroll and Amy and the place to be is SAAC 33! hope to see you all there!- Dave Winkler

the changes you and I seek are forthcoming. War is hell and this one was no different. however I feel that from this situation SAAC has grown in many areas that were stagnant. we have a good friend once again in Carroll and Amy and the place to be is SAAC 33! hope to see you all there!- Dave Winkler

Lets hope to see everyone at SAAC-33.

CaptDave

Archived