TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Wars: Attack of the Clones

500HP GT

There so-called msrp is less than $1000 cheaper than I gave for the real deal. Someone would have to want that pretty bad to pay that.

I noticed they say this is the only one. Right, only if they don't get their price for this one. Someone will probably get so excited on this deal, buy it, then realize its only a fake. :hysterical:

OK Guys, don't flame me here, just going to play "Devil's Advocate" a little...

There ARE a lot of people that will not be able to secure a real GT500 that this would appeal to.

At least the only thing they put on it is the snake emblem. No GT500 side lettering, or Shelby trunk lettering.

If you look at the price, they aren't really trying to score that hard, when you consider the average mark-up for any dealer parts and/or shop labor.

Not only that, I looked at their E-bay account feedback. They have NOT sold, or tried to sell, 1 single GT500 on E-bay.

My guess is that this might be a dealer that didn't certify, and is trying to sell something that they can make available.

I've seen a lot of bastardization, just like everyone else has, but at least this is the slightest case I think we've seen so far. I wouldn't buy the car either, but there are a lot worse out there.

JMHO anyway..

Mike.

OK Guys, don't flame me here, just going to play "Devil's Advocate" a little...

There ARE a lot of people that will not be able to secure a real GT500 that this would appeal to.

At least the only thing they put on it is the snake emblem. No GT500 side lettering, or Shelby trunk lettering.

If you look at the price, they aren't really trying to score that hard, when you consider the average mark-up for any dealer parts and/or shop labor.

Not only that, I looked at their E-bay account feedback. They have NOT sold, or tried to sell, 1 single GT500 on E-bay.

My guess is that this might be a dealer that didn't certify, and is trying to sell something that they can make available.

I've seen a lot of bastardization, just like everyone else has, but at least this is the slightest case I think we've seen so far. I wouldn't buy the car either, but there are a lot worse out there.

JMHO anyway..

Mike.

If they put Shelby or GT 500 on it, I can guarantee that Ford and Shelby would have a hoard of lawyers all over him and rightly so. They still might :fan:

If they put Shelby or GT 500 on it, I can guarantee that Ford and Shelby would have a hoard of lawyers all over him and rightly so. They still might :fan:

Maybe so.

But, if Ford had a problem with them doing this I think they should have made it a little harder for them to get the "Shelby" kit, don't you?

Like I said, just playing Devil's Advocate. I hate it too, but this one's a minor infraction in the grand scheme of things in my opinion.

Mike.

Maybe so.

But, if Ford had a problem with them doing this I think they should have made it a little harder for them to get the "Shelby" kit, don't you?

Like I said, just playing Devil's Advocate. I hate it too, but this one's a minor infraction in the grand scheme of things in my opinion.

Mike.

Just my devilish response, but who said its a kit, maybe these were ordered as "collision damage". And your right, it may be a one time deal. I still think it's stealing although it is legal :rant:

Just my devilish response, but who said its a kit, maybe these were ordered as "collision damage". And your right, it may be a one time deal. I still think it's stealing although it is legal :rant:

You intellectual property lawyers out there please weigh in, but to me, this is like a Rolex dealer selling street knockoffs at the same time. For an actual Ford dealer to do it, that is. I think the legal lingo is "tarnishing" your own :censored: "brand." Or something like that.

:wacko:

There's a Dealer named Summit Ford located in Ontario which is Largest SVT Dealer in Canada, I believe, that's been Fitting Mustang GTs with Rear Shelby Lettering. This is Sad. More so for a Dealer especially!

See Attached.........

post-2683-1158805088_thumb.jpg

post-2683-1158805088_thumb.jpg

Those stripes on the hood ond front bumper are not aligned and are a little bit crooked.

Also, this car come with a 600 dollar wax job "paint protector" and fabric protector (for leather seats?).

What a deal... :nonono:

Those stripes on the hood ond front bumper are not aligned and are a little bit crooked.

Also, this car come with a 600 dollar wax job "paint protector" and fabric protector (for leather seats?).

What a deal... :nonono:

So is putting a GT500 spoiler on your GT a big no no too?

Guest evilchris

With a Sad Little Engine! ;)

Many call a 5.4L a Sad Little Engine.

An interesting thing about the 4.6L 3V: Given the same boost ( 8psi intercooled ) and otherwise completely stock, it makes more power than a stock GT500 engine. What a Sad Little Engine.

Ford sells Shelby emblems from the GT500 directly to end users for whatever purpose they desire.

There's a Dealer named Summit Ford located in Ontario which is Largest SVT Dealer in Canada, I believe, that's been Fitting Mustang GTs with Rear Shelby Lettering. This is Sad. More so for a Dealer especially!

See Attached.........

With a better stripe job than a GT500 to boot! Nice

To anyone not using a GT500 to enlarge their 2" penis, no.

I didn't say anything was a big no no. I just commented that the stripe job on this car was poorly done.

Also, I think a 600 dollar wax job is a ripoff. "paint protector" cost the dealer about 25 bucks.

I don't have any problem with putting body kits on mustangs--I think they look great ( well, not to the point of looking like rice).

Does the lighter socket figure into that somehow? :hysterical:

Or the supercharger? :hysterical2:

-----

Seriously tho, I'm not sure I understand your 4.6 3V/5.4 comparo point, Chris. Do you mean if you put the same s/c on a 3V 5.4 vs the 3V GT? I understand that you like the 4.6 3V alloy motor (so do I), but not sure why you feel the 5.4 is inferior/would respond poorer to an s/c. Aren't there 3V 5.4s in the trucks? Won't they respond as well as the 4.6 3V to a s/c and a tune? Or do you just mean that the 4.6 3V is better suited to adding a s/c because of existing compression ratio or headers or??? I'm confused, I guess.

----------

Btw, I think the GT500 should sell for about $38K. I think the fake is about $9K overpriced, I think ($28K -$2k[decent price] +$2K[bogus front clip] +$1K[CAI+tune) = $29K. But I would not buy it if it ws the last mustang on earth since it from a Ford dealer screwing with it's supplier's trademarks = unethical SOB = never see my money.

Guest evilchris

Does the lighter socket figure into that somehow? :hysterical:

Or the supercharger? :hysterical2:

-----

Seriously tho, I'm not sure I understand your 4.6 3V/5.4 comparo point, Chris. Do you mean if you put the same s/c on a 3V 5.4 vs the 3V GT? I understand that you like the 4.6 3V alloy motor (so do I), but not sure why you feel the 5.4 is inferior/would respond poorer to an s/c. Aren't there 3V 5.4s in the trucks? Won't they respond as well as the 4.6 3V to a s/c and a tune? Or do you just mean that the 4.6 3V is better suited to adding a s/c because of existing compression ratio or headers or??? I'm confused, I guess.

----------

Btw, I think the GT500 should sell for about $38K. I think the fake is about $9K overpriced, I think ($28K -$2k[decent price] +$2K[bogus front clip] +$1K[CAI+tune) = $29K. But I would not buy it if it ws the last mustang on earth since it from a Ford dealer screwing with it's supplier's trademarks = unethical SOB = never see my money.

I just think the Sad Little Motor comment was idiotic.

I think the fake is about $9K overpriced, I think ($28K -$2k[decent price] +$2K[bogus front clip] +$1K[CAI+tune) = $29K. But I would not buy it if it ws the last mustang on earth since it from a Ford dealer screwing with it's supplier's trademarks = unethical SOB = never see my money.

My guess is that the dealer's pure cost on that car is probably around $32-$33k.

MSRP (car only): $28k

Pure cost (Inv - holdback - dealer cash): $25,000

Body Kit (front, back, lights, spoiler, hood, etc): $2800 (ford parts are not cheap - even for dealers)

Exhaust: $500

CAI/Tune: $500

Tint: $120

Wheels/tires (incl mount/bal): $1700

Stripes (painted?): $750 (our shop's cost for painted stripes is around $1200 - but ours are straight - you get what you pay for)

Shipping for various parts: $300

Labor, Labor, Labor (not including stripes): $60 x 15hrs = $900; keep in mind, it doesn't matter how much actual labor is involved. Mechanics get paid on predetermined hours per job. Maybe some actual mechanics/bodymen can weigh in on this one.

TOTAL REAL COST: $32,570

I think a fair offer would be $35,570k. That's about a 6% profit.

Many call a 5.4L a Sad Little Engine.

Damn!

EC, you've hit on it!

Revelation!

Now I know why there is an ADM, WHAT it stands for, and how the dealers can justify it!

ADM = "Added Dick Massiveness"

Holy :censored: !

I didn't know that these cars made your Johnson bigger too!

It must all be worth it now!

Although, admittedly, it's a lot bigger than 2" already, so maybe I can get a discount.

Is there a maximum size increase allowed?

Did you miss the winking smiley icon after the comment?

Well at least You got it Joe! ;)

EC I already stated that I'm a huge fan of all V8 Mustangs, especially the SVT Cobras of 93' to 04'.

Most of which are 4.6L engines.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...amp;#entry42132

If the same Dealer put Mustang GT insigna on V6 Coupes would that be right? Again it's a Dealer doing this that I have issue with. I don't care what a Kid does to his Mustang!

My guess is that the dealer's pure cost on that car is probably around $32-$33k.

MSRP (car only): $28k

Pure cost (Inv - holdback - dealer cash): $25,000

Body Kit (front, back, lights, spoiler, hood, etc): $2800 (ford parts are not cheap - even for dealers)

Exhaust: $500

CAI/Tune: $500

Tint: $120

Wheels/tires (incl mount/bal): $1700

Stripes (painted?): $750 (our shop's cost for painted stripes is around $1200 - but ours are straight - you get what you pay for)

Shipping for various parts: $300

Labor, Labor, Labor (not including stripes): $60 x 15hrs = $900; keep in mind, it doesn't matter how much actual labor is involved. Mechanics get paid on predetermined hours per job. Maybe some actual mechanics/bodymen can weigh in on this one.

TOTAL REAL COST: $32,570

I think a fair offer would be $35,570k. That's about a 6% profit.

Thanks, Rat... good insight.

But still worth only $29K or so to me... the 'fake' stuff doesn't make it faster <lol> but I'm sure they'll have no prob selling it. ..and I'm sure they'll take less since I believe it showed as a 'buy it now' price which is, by definition, inflated... your calculation looks much more relevant.

[quote name='07 Shelby' date='Sep 21 2006, 10:33 AM

If the same Dealer put Mustang GT insigna on V6 Coupes would that be right? Again it's a Dealer doing this that I have issue with. I don't care what a Kid does to his Mustang!

Good point 07

Joe blow off the street customizing is one thing but a dealer defacing cars can be very misleading to the general public, especially those people that are not as educated about the cars as we are on this board.

Completely unethical in my opinion and just another SCAB dealer trying to profit off someones ignorance.

[quote name='robotnick' date='Sep 21 2006, 10:33 AM

Good point 07

Joe blow off the street customizing is one thing but a dealer defacing cars can be very misleading to the general public, especially those people that are not as educated about the cars as we are on this board.

Completely unethical in my opinion and just another SCAB dealer trying to profit off someones ignorance.

Yes, I hate to say it's so. I bought an 88' LX 5.0L notch from Summit brand new 18 years ago.

Paid $14,000Can, with Radio Delete, Taxes in. Back then they were #1 in my book.

Archived