TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Info For The Board

rbortnick

FYI

I just got back from Vegas. I took a tour of the Shelby plant while I was there, they put them on Mon-Fri at 10:30am every day for those interested.

They had Carroll Shelby's GT500 (black vert.) there but they do not mention anything about the GT500 on the tour. They only talk about the Shelby cars that are actually made at the Shelby plant. They had a CS Shelby that they wanted to make for Ford but Ford put the kybosh on it for some reason unknown as per the tour guide. Very nice car, interesting part it that it is for the 6cyl. motor, that I believe had dual turbos. You can buy all of the parts and do it yourself, the guy putting on the tour told me the total package (cosmetic and handling/motor) was around 16K US. You can buy them seperately if you want. Shelby website has details.

They sell CS name plates that you can get signed. I asked if they had one for the GT500 and the guy told me that they are working on one for the GT500 as we speak. He told me to whatch their website for when it will be avaliable. It should have an area that you can get CS to sign just like the others that they had for sale.

Welcome back, Rod!

I'm still hoping that Ford will issue a plaque or something similar as they issued SVT certificates for the '03-04 Cobra. If they do, I hope they don't have quality control issues and shipping delays ... hehe

So what's the latest scoop on your car?

FYI

I just got back from Vegas. I took a tour of the Shelby plant while I was there, they put them on Mon-Fri at 10:30am every day for those interested.

They had Carroll Shelby's GT500 (black vert.) there but they do not mention anything about the GT500 on the tour. They only talk about the Shelby cars that are actually made at the Shelby plant. They had a CS Shelby that they wanted to make for Ford but Ford put the kybosh on it for some reason unknown as per the tour guide. Very nice car, interesting part it that it is for the 6cyl. motor, that I believe had dual turbos. You can buy all of the parts and do it yourself, the guy putting on the tour told me the total package (cosmetic and handling/motor) was around 16K US. You can buy them seperately if you want. Shelby website has details.

They sell CS name plates that you can get signed. I asked if they had one for the GT500 and the guy told me that they are working on one for the GT500 as we speak. He told me to whatch their website for when it will be avaliable. It should have an area that you can get CS to sign just like the others that they had for sale.

Thanks for the tour update.... SA-LV is a nice shop.

SA was showing the CS6 as a Shelby product last fall -- before the reality, I think, that their contract with Ford precluded them selling any Shelby mustangs themselves (only sold thru Ford dealers). The CS6 then became a kit; and then only a kit. Then only an outsourced kit available only thru Hillbank Motorsports.

I think the tourguide must have meant that Ford put the kaibash on Shelby selling the CS6 -- a little misleading to me since THEY signed the contract with Ford. Possibly they produced the CS6 that's in the museum as a prototype to 'sell' Ford on having them do a CS6. Frankly, I'm surprised that they're surprised Ford would not want to hype the 4.0L V6, give all the V8 stangs coming along and the 3.5 V6 which is far superior -- maybe that's why Ford wasn't interested -- dunno.

Btw, I believe the CS6 is a centrifugal s/c (not a turbo) on the base 4.0L German V6, +/- 350HP.

«truncated»

I'm interested in a signed Carroll Shelby name plate for my GT500.

JB

«truncated»

¿I wonder which web site I should be watching?

http://www.shelbyautos.com/links.asp

JB

Archived