TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TAMPA BAY AND ORLANDO MOD SHOPS HELP!!!

I'm looking for any experiences etc on mod shops that some may have been too in Orlando with Dennis Lugo (Now Excessive Engineering) or Tampa Bay Shelby. I was going to get a SC System put in my car here in Jacksonville Fl at HP Performance but they have iisues and recommend steering clear of that place. I should have went with my gut and went south anyway where the good shops are.

I'm looking for any experiences etc on mod shops that some may have been too in Orlando with Dennis Lugo (Now Excessive Engineering) or Tampa Bay Shelby. I was going to get a SC System put in my car here in Jacksonville Fl at HP Performance but they have iisues and recommend steering clear of that place. I should have went with my gut and went south anyway where the good shops are.

I just went though the process of having my FRPP Shelby Whipple installed by Tampa Bay Shelby and all I can say is WOW!! I get her back today and I'll provide a bunch of pictures of the final install. Once you see the work they did and do you'll know why I say WOW.

They are a special shop that doesn't just install per the instructions. They are always looking for ways to improve either the function or the appearance. My install is one of a kind and I am very lucky to have found such a shop. It's worth your time to talk to Steve, Kevin or Fred and let them show you the work they do. It's much more of a custom install shop and once you get a look at the work they do on the CSX Cobras you'll be blown away.

It was a fantastic experience and I would recommend them to anyone that is looking for any work on their Shelby GT or 500 or any car for that matter.

Fred is one of the only fabricators that can restore Rochester mechanical fuel injectors. He has won a major national award in 2006 for antique restoration and has beaten Boyd Cottington in heads up competition at multiple shows. He is the guiding factor in the shop and man does he know his stuff.

Talk to them and make your own opinion but all I can say is WOW!!

Oh yea it drives like a scalded dog also. I only got to drive it for about 10 minutes yesterday but it goes really good.

If you want any more info on them let me know I'll be glad to fill you in on any of my experience. I'll post a bunch of picts of my finished install later today, once I have it back home.

Don

Archived