TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Brake Ducts...know of any?

SPRSNK

I've been searching for some rear brake ducts and can't find any. The hose and window ducting is easy, I can't find anything that would take the place of the dust shield or bolt on there. Anyone have any ideas?

I've been searching for some rear brake ducts and can't find any. The hose and window ducting is easy, I can't find anything that would take the place of the dust shield or bolt on there. Anyone have any ideas?

I dont know of any and I guess I have never seen the use for them. My rear pads last 4 times longer than the front. Are you having issues?

SAI, was making (maybe no longer) a ducting package that included rear. They actually attach to the lower control arms. They were designed to take air from under the car and direct them toward the rear rotor. Since they don't blow right on the rotor, I don't know how truly effective they are. Also, I discovered recently that they don't work with aftermarket control arms and GT500 18" wheels. They did work with modification on my 20x10.5" wheel.

You can see it here behind the rotor where you would expect to see the control arm.

IMG_0605.jpg

you might try A47, they may have something in the works

Yea..I have. They have the quarter panel delete for the rear brake ducts, but no ducts to actually use. They referred me to someone at Galpin I think.

Michael, yes..that is what I'm thinking like. Coupled with a47 kit. Probably going to have to make my own. Bleh.

I dont know of any and I guess I have never seen the use for them. My rear pads last 4 times longer than the front. Are you having issues?

+1

Depending on the pad, cooling of the rear brakes may not be necessary and/or keep the tempature of the pads too cool for peak performance.

I suppose it's nice to say that you have them but in racing applications, at least with our cars, they may be more of a detriment than benifit.

Just my 2-cents...

Yea..I have. They have the quarter panel delete for the rear brake ducts, but no ducts to actually use. They referred me to someone at Galpin I think.

Michael, yes..that is what I'm thinking like. Coupled with a47 kit. Probably going to have to make my own. Bleh.

Call up Galpin Auto Sports (GAS), they can help you. One of the guys there has a car with the setup you are looking for. Ask Son of GT he knows the guys over there and can point you in the right direction.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived