TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Pads

svttim

I have tried alot of them, Performance Friction, Hawk and Wilwood. I have had good results with PFC and the Wilwoods, no so much the Hawks. What has anyone else experienced?

I'm using the Stillen Metal Matrix HP pads with the Stillen cross drilled and vented rotors. Just got done heat tempering them. I'm holding my verdict as of yet. We'll see Sunday when I take my car back to the track.

I have Hawk HPS pads on a Baer GT Plus fron calipers and 14" rotors. i was at the track just two weeks ago and the results were disappointing. The Hawk's just didn't give the initial bite like the Baer pads that came with brake package. They also faded quickly. They did not inspire confidence and required me to brake 100' earlier on the longest straight to right 90. I will not use them again. However, I don't know where I want to go from here yet. Back to Baer pads, Hawk HP+ or something else.

I am interested in thoughts also.

Last year I used the OE pads up front and Hawk HPS on the 14" Baer rotors in the rear. I was actually surprised at how well they performed with this heavy load.

I have just installed Hawk Blues on the front and HP+ on the rears but only have 1 track day on them and I really need 1 more outing before commenting. Several guys at the Mid-America Meet suggested that I try the PF01's; so I'll give them a try next.

I use Raybestos ST43 Racing Brake Pads. Made for my by Porterfield. Along with some Brembo LCF 600, no worries in the braking department. I've got 8 hours of track time on these pads and getting close to changing. There's my two cents worth. Porterfield can get you any kind of pad. They recommended the Raybestos ST43's and the bite is awesome.

• 1 month later...
I use Raybestos ST43 Racing Brake Pads. Made for my by Porterfield. Along with some Brembo LCF 600, no worries in the braking department. I've got 8 hours of track time on these pads and getting close to changing. There's my two cents worth. Porterfield can get you any kind of pad. They recommended the Raybestos ST43's and the bite is awesome.

I have the Griggs/Sierra brake set-up, Griggs supplied them with Hawk HT-10 pads front and rear. I had them out for their first HPDE last Friday and they ran very well, good initial bite and and quick release with no precievable fade throughout the day, they are a little noisy though. When I get to know the car a little better I, at the suggestion of Griggs, will move up to a more agressive pad like the DTC-60's; this is, of course, going to wear the rotors quicker as any aggressive pad will so there's a trade-off to running them.

Here's Hawk's Motorsports Brake Pad Compound List With Descriptions

I have the Griggs/Sierra brake set-up, Griggs supplied them with Hawk HT-10 pads front and rear. I had them out for their first HPDE last Friday and they ran very well, good initial bite and and quick release with no precievable fade throughout the day, they are a little noisy though. When I get to know the car a little better I, at the suggestion of Griggs, will move up to a more agressive pad like the DTC-60's; this is, of course, going to wear the rotors quicker as any aggressive pad will so there's a trade-off to running them.

Here's Hawk's Motorsports Brake Pad Compound List With Descriptions

I really liked the DTC-60's on my 03 Cobra. Anything less than an HT-10 will not be very effective on our cars...

WP64 - It was great to meet you and see your fantastic car! (I'm the guy parked next to you in a red Boxster; always oogling your Grigg's setup :) ).

I really liked the DTC-60's on my 03 Cobra. Anything less than an HT-10 will not be very effective on our cars...

WP64 - It was great to meet you and see your fantastic car! (I'm the guy parked next to you in a red Boxster; always oogling your Grigg's setup :) ).

That was a great HPDE day wasn't it, are you going back on Dec. 1 to Thunderhill? $99.00 dollar all- day HPDE's are hard to pass up!!!

It was a pleasure talking with you as well, your Dad was there too right? Nice man as well.

Hope to see you again at the track in the near future.

Jay

Archived