TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anyone drag race here? Best times???

crispy23c

We have traded posts here before, but we haven't met in person yet. Would love to get together and chat Mustangs. I was going to go down to Race City that Friday, but I am waiting on a new blower belt. Mine is coming apart. I want to get my car dyno'd and get a 1/4 mile time before I do the Super Snake on my car next year. But the summer is almost gone. Do you know how many more Fridays they will run this fall? How's the Kenne Bell on the streets of Calgary?

Cheers

Brett

Weather permitting (that's a joke, this year) , it goes 'til mid-October:

http://www.racecity.com/index.php?option=c...7&Itemid=47

The KB is great! So fast, and RIGHT NOW! Gotta be careful out there, it's too easy, especially with the US mph speedo. PM me, I've started Mustang Mondays at my place (7:30-9:30-ish) ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weather permitting (that's a joke, this year) , it goes 'til mid-October:

http://www.racecity.com/index.php?option=c...7&Itemid=47

The KB is great! So fast, and RIGHT NOW! Gotta be careful out there, it's too easy, especially with the US mph speedo. PM me, I've started Mustang Mondays at my place (7:30-9:30-ish) ...

Vogon:

Weather is supposed to be nice this Friday. I hope to see you at Race City this week. I plan on going down with a coworker, he has a Couger and I'll have my GT500. I think you followed me down 9th Ave this morning by Bankers Hall. Was that you?

Cheers

Brett

Vogon:

Weather is supposed to be nice this Friday. I hope to see you at Race City this week. I plan on going down with a coworker, he has a Couger and I'll have my GT500. I think you followed me down 9th Ave this morning by Bankers Hall. Was that you?

Cheers

Brett

Brett

Didn't see this until now, but couldn't make it Friday anyway. Sorry I missed it.

Nope, not me downtown. Lots of blue GT500's in Calgary though. Hope to see you Sep 29th at my place, should be a good turnout - three 40th's, 2 SS's in waiting (including you), all blue. And more...

Brett

Didn't see this until now, but couldn't make it Friday anyway. Sorry I missed it.

Nope, not me downtown. Lots of blue GT500's in Calgary though. Hope to see you Sep 29th at my place, should be a good turnout - three 40th's, 2 SS's in waiting (including you), all blue. And more...

It was really busy on Friday. Weather was nice, plus word is out about the track shutting down without a sponsor coming forward. I got there about 6:30pm and only got 4 runs in by 11:45 pm. Usually delays for lights issues and fluids on the track, but there was just a lot of cars there. Some guy in a vette imploded on the line when I was jusrt about to make my 5th pass and that was it for the night. Spare parts everywhere.

I never did get your e-mail. PM me with your address and I'll see if I can make it out.

Cheers

Brett

60'......1.90

1/4.........11.17 @ 135 mph...........

I NEED SLICKS !!!!!!!!!!!!Just cant hook 1st or 2nd hard !!!!But 3rd and 4th pulls like a train !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This car can and will run high 9's with a good driver and slicks...The slicks I will buy, the driver part,...well, that will need much work and time.... :shift:

Finally, at long last, I got to a drag strip to see how the car runs with the supercharger.

My first run (and my best of 11 runs) was 12.57 @ 110.18 mph. Here's how the timeslip reads...

R/T = .062

60' = 1.866

330' = 5.273

1/8 mile = 8.082 @ 86.97 mph

1000' = 10.525

1/4 mile = 12.577 @ 110.18 mph

This was at Bremerton Raceway in Washington (just west of Tacoma, WA). My first time ever at that track, and first time ever racing with the supercharger. I got plenty of traction every run, but could not get a 60' better than a pair of 1.85's all night. Had a run in the 12.60's and lots of runs in the 12.70's - most were over 109 mph.

Here's the timeslip (kind of legible). I'm car #2725 in the right lane...

P9220002.jpg

I took some video from inside the car. I've only posted a few of them online, but this will give you an idea...

My GT vs white 66 Mustang Coupe. The 66 was running mid to high 12's all day, so he was tough to catch, but I got him just before the finish line (see him in my rear view mirror at the end of the track).

My GT vs purple 70 Olds Cutlass. The Olds was trailered in, is a pro-category bracket racer, and ran low to mid 12's all day. He cut a better light than me, but I managed to catch him somehow and beat him (again, watch for him in my rear view mirror at the end of the track).

My GT vs vista blue 06 Roush Mustang (with Roushcharger, smaller blower pulley, 4.10's, drag radials, LCA's). The Roush looked the part, but the driver was a novice and he couldn't put the supposed 460hp to good use. I beat him very badly a couple of times and you'll see him fade back quickly in my rear view mirror at the launch).

My GT vs yellow Dodge SRT-4. The SRT-4 wasn't even close - he ran low 14's all day, so I beat him easily (watch him fade quickly in my rear view mirror!).

Finally, at long last, I got to a drag strip to see how the car runs with the supercharger.

My first run (and my best of 11 runs) was 12.57 @ 110.18 mph. Here's how the timeslip reads...

R/T = .062

60' = 1.866

330' = 5.273

1/8 mile = 8.082 @ 86.97 mph

1000' = 10.525

1/4 mile = 12.577 @ 110.18 mph

This was at Bremerton Raceway in Washington (just west of Tacoma, WA). My first time ever at that track, and first time ever racing with the supercharger. I got plenty of traction every run, but could not get a 60' better than a pair of 1.85's all night. Had a run in the 12.60's and lots of runs in the 12.70's - most were over 109 mph.

Here's the timeslip (kind of legible). I'm car #2725 in the right lane...

P9220002.jpg

I took some video from inside the car. I've only posted a few of them online, but this will give you an idea...

My GT vs white 66 Mustang Coupe. The 66 was running mid to high 12's all day, so he was tough to catch, but I got him just before the finish line (see him in my rear view mirror at the end of the track).

My GT vs purple 70 Olds Cutlass. The Olds was trailered in, is a pro-category bracket racer, and ran low to mid 12's all day. He cut a better light than me, but I managed to catch him somehow and beat him (again, watch for him in my rear view mirror at the end of the track).

My GT vs vista blue 06 Roush Mustang (with Roushcharger, smaller blower pulley, 4.10's, drag radials, LCA's). The Roush looked the part, but the driver was a novice and he couldn't put the supposed 460hp to good use. I beat him very badly a couple of times and you'll see him fade back quickly in my rear view mirror at the launch).

My GT vs yellow Dodge SRT-4. The SRT-4 wasn't even close - he ran low 14's all day, so I beat him easily (watch him fade quickly in my rear view mirror!).

:rockon:

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a day at Toronto Motorsports park

A new best for the Shelby

10.93 @ 124.55 MPH on ET streets and 12.03 @ 126 ph on the stock F1's

I am blowing away the tires in 1st gear, looks like I need a full slick next year

Spent 8 hours at the drag strip last Saturday. It was the last weekend of the season at our local track, so it was packed with hundreds and hundreds of racers! Only got in 2 runs the entire day, but both were my best ever runs and exceeded my goals for the day!

1st run was better based on mph, while the 2nd run was better based on ET's. Spun a bit in 1st gear on the 1st run, so I lowered the drag radials to just 18 psi for the 2nd run (dead hooked with a 1.80 60' time).

1st run 12.345 @ 111.93 mph, 2nd run 12.338 @ 110.59 mph. Both runs were below 8 seconds (finally) in the 1/8 mile, and I even ran 90+ mph in the 1/8 mile on the 1st run!

Here's the timeslips (I'm in the right lane, car #4164)...

RaceReady029.jpg

Just got back from a day at Toronto Motorsports park

A new best for the Shelby

10.93 @ 124.55 MPH on ET streets and 12.03 @ 126 ph on the stock F1's

I am blowing away the tires in 1st gear, looks like I need a full slick next year

Holy, moly! 10.90's is really moving! A full slick with your trap speed should get you down to the 10.70's. Nice runs!

Thanks, the car works really well with the stock blower and the IAT is staying low enough not to affect the timing in this nice cool fall air

Nice times on your GT on drag radials, if you can lower that 60' a couple of tenths, you shold see 11's

Thanks, the car works really well with the stock blower and the IAT is staying low enough not to affect the timing in this nice cool fall air

Nice times on your GT on drag radials, if you can lower that 60' a couple of tenths, you shold see 11's

For the life of me, I cannot get my 60' times down. The company that built my stall converter says to launch from idle to get a harder hit when the converter flashes, but I've tried that the last time at the track and had no better 60' times to show for it. I'm getting plenty of traction, but with an automatic trans and a centrifugal blower I'm not hitting really hard launches. If I had the instant torque of a roots or twin screw blower I think my 60' times would be in the 1.60's or 1.70's. Any advice on how to improve my 60' times???

Sorry, I wasn't aware it was an automatic

It is difficult to launch harder without a trans brake on a centrifugal blower

Your builder is corect

Are you spinning the tire at all or just hooking?

If you spin a little it may allow the boost to build quicker by adding PSi to the drag radials

For the automatic question.

EDIT: added quote...

For the life of me, I cannot get my 60' times down. The company that built my stall converter says to launch from idle to get a harder hit when the converter flashes, but I've tried that the last time at the track and had no better 60' times to show for it. I'm getting plenty of traction, but with an automatic trans and a centrifugal blower I'm not hitting really hard launches. If I had the instant torque of a roots or twin screw blower I think my 60' times would be in the 1.60's or 1.70's. Any advice on how to improve my 60' times???

After you do your burnout. Just before you stage your car. Put her in neutral then hit the throttle. A Good 2 times to clean the converter out. Then stage as you do. It will help

After you do your burnout. Just before you stage your car. Put her in neutral then hit the throttle. A Good 2 times to clean the converter out. Then stage as you do. It will help

Does that empty fluid out of the converter to make it lighter (and spin up faster)???

Sorry, I wasn't aware it was an automatic

It is difficult to launch harder without a trans brake on a centrifugal blower

Your builder is corect

Are you spinning the tire at all or just hooking?

If you spin a little it may allow the boost to build quicker by adding PSi to the drag radials

With 25 psi in the drag radials, I spin just a tad bit which helps my trap speed (by about 1 mph), but it hurts my 60' times (1.90 to 2.00).

With 18 psi in the drag radials, the car hooks harder (60' times in the 1.80 to 1.85 range), but my trap speeds are lower through the 1/8 and 1/4 mile.

So, lower psi (with traction) is better for 60' and ET's, while higher psi (slight spin) is better for mph.

• 2 weeks later...

Is that why it takes you so long to stage, Harry????? :hysterical:

My '07 GT will become a Shelby GT over this winter. I know it's not a real Shelby but I believe the two Fun Ford Weekend Ultra Stang championships will help bring plenty of attention to Shelby Autos. Until then.........here is the best ET. 10.887 at 127.89 mph.

SCAN7275_0001.jpg

EnnisBigBurnout.jpg

Ennisburnout-rear.jpg

Stock 17K mile engine, stock 5R55S transmission with a 2500 rpm PI Industries converter, Spydershaft aluminum driveshaft, stock 3.31 geared rear end, M&H drag radials at 3820 lbs with 8 psi and 12 degrees total timing. I love twin turbos.

• 1 month later...

Archived