TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anyone drag race here? Best times???

crispy23c

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geez, I'm the first to post here??? I know you are lurking

There have to be drag racers here, with all the low ets I have seen.

Best 1/8th? Best 1/4 and 1/2???

Post 'em here!!!

Never dragged in my life. I will be attempting it when my car gets the Whipple 3.4l though.

I race at Lebanon Valley, NY.

13.7 @ 102 with the GT, CAI mod only.

I have also raced at New England Dragway in NH and also Old Bridge Township Raceway Park (Englishtown) in NJ.

12.7 @ 110 with the '72, 351C-4V.

Awesome topic Cris!! :happy feet:

Geez, I'm the first to post here??? I know you are lurking

There have to be drag racers here, with all the low ets I have seen.

Best 1/8th? Best 1/4 and 1/2???

Post 'em here!!!

I race at Lebanon Valley, NY.

13.7 @ 102 with the GT, CAI mod only.

I have also raced at New England Dragway in NH and also Old Bridge Township Raceway Park (Englishtown) in NJ.

12.7 @ 110 with the '72, 351C-4V.

Awesome topic Cris!! :happy feet:

PLEASE post your times in the new Time Slip section:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?autocom=times

PLEASE post your times in the new Time Slip section:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?autocom=times

Thanks Robert, done!! :happy feet:

Got specs on your 351C? Great engine. Mine was a '70, closed chamber heads, solid lift cam by Cam Research, MPG Head Service port plates, 4.56 gears, etc, it would pull to 8000 RPM's!!! :happy feet:

Car had no traction, though :banghead: Should have been in the high 11's!!

Thanks Robert, done!! :happy feet:

Got specs on your 351C? Great engine. Mine was a '70, closed chamber heads, solid lift cam by Cam Research, MPG Head Service port plates, 4.56 gears, etc, it would pull to 8000 RPM's!!! :happy feet:

Car had no traction, though :banghead: Should have been in the high 11's!!

:drool: Closed chamber heads :drool: Solid lifters :drool:

Ahh, I had a '69 Mach 1 (first car) 351 'M' code (aka Hi-Po Windsor or 351 CJ), factory solids, 11:1 compression, shaved heads (jacked it up to 12:1) ported polished heads, etc. That car kicked a** I tell you. I had 308s in it and I could still lay rubber endlessly. Got to love that torque!!!

456 rear???? I would imagine NO traction at all! :hysterical:

11.1 @ 126 so far......

Paul....you drag race???? I did not know :hysterical:

What rear ratio are you running on that puppy? I forgot...

Chris

CHECK THIS OUT mustangmall.com

:drool: Closed chamber heads :drool: Solid lifters :drool:

Ahh, I had a '69 Mach 1 (first car) 351 'M' code (aka Hi-Po Windsor or 351 CJ), factory solids, 11:1 compression, shaved heads (jacked it up to 12:1) ported polished heads, etc. That car kicked a** I tell you. I had 308s in it and I could still lay rubber endlessly. Got to love that torque!!!

456 rear???? I would imagine NO traction at all! :hysterical:

'69 Mach w/built 351? :happy feet: Oh yeah baby!! :peelout:

I race, but sorry I don't race a Shelby or a Mustang. I race a 92 Camaro :banghead:, thats is sponsored by HOOTERS :drool: . I run in the N.H.R.A. division 1 Top Sportsman class. The car runs 7.40s @187. I have been brought up around Fords, the reason I purchased this car is because I was comfortable when I sat in it. My father raced a 1968 G.T.500 K.R. back in the late 60s-early 70s, and that car is still in his possesion, and unrestored with 22000 race miles on it. My next purchase is going to be a 2008 Shelby GT.(sorry can't afford the K.R.) Looking to purchase the car in Feb. have some bills to pay off first. Glad I found this site learning more, and more everyday.

Been racing a few years, best time was a 9.4 @ 143 mph, that was last year!

Did some upgrades and we are shootin for high 8's but a few tranny issues have held us up so far.

Lookin forward to friday to see this cars potential :shift: :happy feet:

By the way, my car is the purple one. we smoke the red one by 1.5 sec. (our good friend though!)

he didnt have wheelie bars like we do. ENJOY!!! Ryan

CFR420Oct_27.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did some upgrades and we are shootin for high 8's but a few tranny issues have held us up so far.

By the way, my car is the purple one. we smoke the red one by 1.5 sec. (our good friend though!)

CFR420Oct_27.jpg

Not wanting secrets - just curious. That is an awesome run. What kind of mods have you done? Have you changed exhaust, S/C, chip, pulley, CAI? I might get on the track one day.

CFR420Oct_27.jpg

Computer didn't show the picture first time around. Thought those were your Shelby's times.

I race, but sorry I don't race a Shelby or a Mustang. I race a 92 Camaro :banghead:, thats is sponsored by HOOTERS :drool: . I run in the N.H.R.A. division 1 Top Sportsman class. The car runs 7.40s @187. I have been brought up around Fords, the reason I purchased this car is because I was comfortable when I sat in it. My father raced a 1968 G.T.500 K.R. back in the late 60s-early 70s, and that car is still in his possesion, and unrestored with 22000 race miles on it. My next purchase is going to be a 2008 Shelby GT.(sorry can't afford the K.R.) Looking to purchase the car in Feb. have some bills to pay off first. Glad I found this site learning more, and more everyday.

Bought my Shelby :happy feet:

12.59 @ 117 mph. sad.gif

But I had many things working against me...

1. 6,000 feet elevation

2. Stock rubber

3. I was driving

With new rubber and someone who can actually drive, I should be able to knock at least 1 second off that time.

I feel your pain...

I've been racing 4 times, check that, 5 times in my life.

The first: 1978 Toyota Corolla SR-5, about 20 sec @ 60 mph - LOL what a hoot!

The last 4 times: Friday night. First run at 15.5 sec @ 107 mph - total wheel spin in first and second gears;

Last run; 12.9 @ 113mph; start slower, finish faster. I suck!

This is the 725HP KB on the 40th Anniversary car. Can't hook it up, but I had fun...

I feel your pain...

The last 4 times: Friday night. First run at 15.5 sec @ 107 mph - total wheel spin in first and second gears;

This is the 725HP KB on the 40th Anniversary car. Can't hook it up, but I had fun...

Yikes! All that $$$ and no strip tires? You need some 15's and slicks! You'll be in the 10's! :happy feet:

I feel your pain...

Vogon - was that at Friday Night Open Race Night at Race City?

Brett

Vogon - was that at Friday Night Open Race Night at Race City?

Brett

Yup, that was me, going all squirrley out the back end. Maybe we spoke?

My friend's son took video (poor) with his cell phone, and it was funny that you couldn't hear the exhaust over the KB whine LOL!

I started racing my 95 at the local 1/8th mile track near Lousville AL, Raced a few 03 Cobras with it in the !/4 at Montgomery strip, ran a 13 flat at 109. I fell in love with racing and built an 84 Notchback just for it!

I set it up for the 1/8th. It's powered by a 351c poked and stroked to 411 cid with solid roller cam. I've run a 6.12 in the eighth with a 100 shot of nitrous. And ran it though the quarter at Reynolds GA @10.5 at 127 mph, but ran out of gear and was on the rev limiter 50 ft before the stripe.

Not sure if I will take the GT500 to the track or not, at least not until some of the new wears off of it!!

Mike

post-22263-1220494213_thumb.jpg

post-22263-1220494213_thumb.jpg

I started racing my 95 at the local 1/8th mile track near Lousville AL, Raced a few 03 Cobras with it in the !/4 at Montgomery strip, ran a 13 flat at 109. I fell in love with racing and built an 84 Notchback just for it!

I set it up for the 1/8th. It's powered by a 351c poked and stroked to 411 cid with solid roller cam. I've run a 6.12 in the eighth with a 100 shot of nitrous. And ran it though the quarter at Reynolds GA @10.5 at 127 mph, but ran out of gear and was on the rev limiter 50 ft before the stripe.

Not sure if I will take the GT500 to the track or not, at least not until some of the new wears off of it!!

Mike

I'm not a racer, but those seem like pretty good numbers. faster than I went, for sure, with an 8.5 @ 87 mph my fastest 1/8th. And now I'm seeing little bits of rubber falling off my rear mud guards. Hmmm, wonder what that's from? LOL

Yup, that was me, going all squirrley out the back end. Maybe we spoke?

My friend's son took video (poor) with his cell phone, and it was funny that you couldn't hear the exhaust over the KB whine LOL!

We have traded posts here before, but we haven't met in person yet. Would love to get together and chat Mustangs. I was going to go down to Race City that Friday, but I am waiting on a new blower belt. Mine is coming apart. I want to get my car dyno'd and get a 1/4 mile time before I do the Super Snake on my car next year. But the summer is almost gone. Do you know how many more Fridays they will run this fall? How's the Kenne Bell on the streets of Calgary?

Cheers

Brett

Archived