TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTH 5sp

I'm always looking, but haven't seen one yet. There are only 4 2006 5 speed coupes, which Caroll has one, so only three others out there. There are 17 2007 converts though, so may have a better chance of seeing one of those for sale. We know 1 is out of the country for sure, so that's one less opportunity.

• 2 years later...

I'm always looking, but haven't seen one yet. There are only 4 2006 5 speed coupes, which Caroll has one, so only three others out there. There are 17 2007 converts though, so may have a better chance of seeing one of those for sale. We know 1 is out of the country for sure, so that's one less opportunity.

would anyone know the numbers of the stick cars or where they random

I know there were some out there for the Hertz executives....anybody ever see one for sale?

There was one for sale on ebay about 3 weeks ago. It got up to $60k but it did not sell as the reserve was not met.

I found one for sale in May 2009 on the SAAC "Members only" section for cars for sale. I had been looking for about 8 months for one at that time. I bought it too :D .

QSS

would anyone know the numbers of the stick cars or where they random

There are apparently 18 Hertz sticks out there ( 17 were sold to Hertz executives and 1 "mystery car") the Hertz executive cars are numbered from #483 to #499. #500 sits at SAI in Las Vegas and it is an automatic. I saw #500 a month ago and she sure is fine. The unknow #18 stick car is still a mystery. I don't know what number it is or where it is but I believe she is "special".

QSS

There are apparently 18 Hertz sticks out there ( 17 were sold to Hertz executives and 1 "mystery car") the Hertz executive cars are numbered from #483 to #499. #500 sits at SAI in Las Vegas and it is an automatic. I saw #500 a month ago and she sure is fine. The unknow #18 stick car is still a mystery. I don't know what number it is or where it is but I believe she is "special".

QSS

According to Hertz records, as invoiced from Ford, there were 17 manual transmission 2007 GT-H convertibles. If an 18th car exists, it did not come through the Ford-Hertz ordering / invoicing systems. All of the 17 2007 Convertibles were invoiced from Ford to Hertz on October 5, 2007. Interestingly they are NOT in consecutive V.I.N. order but are close. Perhaps there was an 18th, maybe a "test mule" from SAI ?? One of the 17 verified manual 2007 cars went to Hertz in Austria. Also to clarify, the 17 manual car were sold to Hertz Corporate Executives AND to Hertz Licensees. The Licensees (operating as "Hertz" under license contract but NOT part of the Hertz Corp) were given the opportunity to buy GT-Hs in both 2006 and 2007. For technical accuracy, "executive" owned should be defined as "Hertz employed Executive" or "Hertz Licensee / Executive". Hope this information helps, Larry, SAI Registrar, 2006 2007 Hertz GT-H

According to Hertz records, as invoiced from Ford, there were 17 manual transmission 2007 GT-H convertibles. If an 18th car exists, it did not come through the Ford-Hertz ordering / invoicing systems. All of the 17 2007 Convertibles were invoiced from Ford to Hertz on October 5, 2007. Interestingly they are NOT in consecutive V.I.N. order but are close. Perhaps there was an 18th, maybe a "test mule" from SAI ?? One of the 17 verified manual 2007 cars went to Hertz in Austria. Also to clarify, the 17 manual car were sold to Hertz Corporate Executives AND to Hertz Licensees. The Licensees (operating as "Hertz" under license contract but NOT part of the Hertz Corp) were given the opportunity to buy GT-Hs in both 2006 and 2007. For technical accuracy, "executive" owned should be defined as "Hertz employed Executive" or "Hertz Licensee / Executive". Hope this information helps, Larry, SAI Registrar, 2006 2007 Hertz GT-H

I also have the invoice showing the 17 manual cars and their serial numbers BUT every time in the past I have quoted 17 manuals made for 2007 I get corrected by (I think its ShelbyMotorSports) and he states there is actually 18 manuals made for 2007.

So, I am pretty sure he knows something we do not and there is truly a "mystery" #18 manual out there somewhere. Now, if we could be enlightened on this, it would help me be at peace with the world. :D

Help me ShelbyMotorSports, your my only hope!!!!! :lol:

QSS

Just to be sure I went directly to the list of 500 GT-H cars and sorted them by transmission type. Eighteen manual transmission cars came up. I then took these eighteen vin numbers and ran them thru Fords window sticker website and all eighteen vins were spec'd out as having a manual transmission for 2007.

So 18 manual transmission 2007 GT-H cars it is. Could one of them be a test mule, a mistake/error, a wrecked or destroyed car? Anythings possible.

Steve

UPDATE TO THE POST ABOVE: There were only 17 GTH manual transmission cars for the 2007 model year. The 18th manual trans VIN that at one time was thought to belong to the group of manual trans GTH vins turns out NOT to belong to that group of GTH cars.

Just so we're clear, only 17 manual transmission GTH cars were built for the 2007 model year.

Just to be sure I went directly to the list of 500 GT-H cars and sorted them by transmission type. Eighteen manual transmission cars came up. I then took these eighteen vin numbers and ran them thru Fords window sticker website and all eighteen vins were spec'd out as having a manual transmission for 2007.

So 18 manual transmission 2007 GT-H cars it is. Could one of them be a test mule, a mistake/error, a wrecked or destroyed car? Anythings possible.

Steve

Gotta love a good mystery!

Steve

YEAH!!!!!! I knew there 18 of em and I know they are testing alien ships at Area 51........... I knew it. :lol:

QSS

YEAH!!!!!! I knew there 18 of em and I know they are testing alien ships at Area 51........... I knew it. :lol:

QSS

Did you check the dash plaque on that alien ship? It should be number 10UFO-001P according to the registry :hysterical:

If there was no dash plaque on it I'm guessing its a clone.

Steve

Did you check the dash plaque on that alien ship? It should be number 10UFO-001P according to the registry :hysterical:

If there was no dash plaque on it I'm guessing its a clone.

Steve

Already looked. The Powered By Grok badges were repros.

Jer

Steve

You gotta love this stuff, OK, now let's nail down this mystery car. Steve, on the Hertz list I sent you recently there were 17 Manual cars listed ("manual" was in italics) with the names of the Hertz Executives and Hertz Licensees that received the cars. Also on the list was all of the VIN numbers of all 500 (actually 498 that went to Hertz) 2007 GT-Hs . Which of the remaining VINs on the Hertz list is the 18th Manual Car ?? Once I get that VIN, (last six will do) I will go directly to Hertz and see who got the car and where it went. IF, the VIN is not on the Hertz list then we will have to defer to SAI records as to where the car went and who received same. Could it be the mystery car is one of the two VINs that appear on the Hertz list as "Ford Took" ?? Could it be that the Ford to Hertz invoicing is slightly off from SAI records ?? As the one of the world's greatest orators said, "Let's get 'er done"

You gotta love this stuff, OK, now let's nail down this mystery car. Steve, on the Hertz list I sent you recently there were 17 Manual cars listed ("manual" was in italics) with the names of the Hertz Executives and Hertz Licensees that received the cars. Also on the list was all of the VIN numbers of all 500 (actually 498 that went to Hertz) 2007 GT-Hs . Which of the remaining VINs on the Hertz list is the 18th Manual Car ?? Once I get that VIN, (last six will do) I will go directly to Hertz and see who got the car and where it went. IF, the VIN is not on the Hertz list then we will have to defer to SAI records as to where the car went and who received same. Could it be the mystery car is one of the two VINs that appear on the Hertz list as "Ford Took" ?? Could it be that the Ford to Hertz invoicing is slightly off from SAI records ?? As the one of the world's greatest orators said, "Let's get 'er done"

eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww I'm so excited!!!!!! :woohoo::lol:

So, we know that number 500, that is supposedly owned by SAI, sits at the museum as we speak (and it's an automatic) so that leaves one lone car unaccounted for. Could it be number 001 sitting somewhere?

Go get em boys, you get them answers and we'll be happy as "a whole bunch o happy guys" :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: .

QSS

• 4 years later...

Manual 07 invoice: Anyone know the CSM numbers to the respective cars vin#

Hey Harald, as I mentioned a few years back (in post #5 above) the CSM for these are #483 to #499 and they run in order. So the first vin on that list is #483, the second vin on the list is #484 and so on.

QSS

Hey Harald, as I mentioned a few years back (in post #5 above) the CSM for these are #483 to #499 and they run in order. So the first vin on that list is #483, the second vin on the list is #484 and so on.

QSS

Based on the info I've been documenting, CSM and VIN sequencing didn't go hand in hand. Example - the last one on Harald's list I show as #486

I've ben thinking about the "18" manual transmissions for 2007. Could it be that what makes up the 18 manuals are the 17 known cars #483 to #499 plus the one 2007 proto-type that was built?

QSS

Did a prototype beyond Amy's 2006 Concept get produced? The 2006 Concept vehicle was an auto, not to mention that typically Proto-type and Concept vehicles haven't been counted as production?

Based on the info I've been documenting, CSM and VIN sequencing didn't go hand in hand. Example - the last one on Harald's list I show as #486

Alrighty then, for some reason I thought they were in order. I'll check my vin/csm and get back to you on this.

QSS

Did a prototype beyond Amy's 2006 Concept get produced? The 2006 Concept vehicle was an auto, not to mention that typically Proto-type and Concept vehicles haven't been counted as production?

This was the concept I was speculating about. I remember seeing this car for sale but I couldn't remember if it was an auto or 5spd and I suppose your are correct, I guess you would not include this in the production run.

The mystery continues.

QSS

So I was totally wrong on what I thought. My car vin is 347161 and it is CSM #490 so it's #6 on Haralds list but it was the eighth 5spd CSM# assigned by Shelby.

I learned something new today, Thanks

post-20749-0-57086600-1421384118_thumb.jpg

QSS

I have 10 of these documented.

Has anyone else seen the list of 500 VIN's that Larry talks about in post #14? I'm interested in the 2 that state "Ford Took" as I believe that one of these is the missing 18th Manual and the second one being 001.

Archived