TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Reasonable seat replacements

You could upgrade to the GT500 seats...

post-19488-1218202923.jpg

post-19488-1218202884.jpg

Ford only sells them in individual parts, which is actually good, because you can reuse most of your original seats. I priced out what I need, as I'll being doing this upgrade soon; it's about $1,100.00 per seat for the upper & lower cusions, covers and headrests (about $300 cheaper if you reuse your current headrests).

You could upgrade to the GT500 seats...

Ford only sells them in individual parts, which is actually good, because you can reuse most of your original seats. I priced out what I need, as I'll being doing this upgrade soon; it's about $1,100.00 per seat for the upper & lower cusions, covers and headrests (about $300 cheaper if you reuse your current headrests).

Are they different?

Are they different?

That was my thought too....I have sat in a GT500 and I don't recall the seats being any different than the ones in my SGT...I sure didn't notice any additional back support or anything like that... The SGT does have a very small air bladder in it for aittle bit of lower back support...not much but a little...

Both Saleen and Roush do some nice things with there seats. I've been thinking about sending mine out to a custom shop, I'd like to build up the side bosters a bit, put a better quality foam in the seat and do some nice stitch work similar to some of the Saleens I've seen.

Hard to tell in photos, but they seem to have better side bolstering than GT seats.

While I have the seats apart, I may do as you've suggeested and add some additional bolstering, as well as lumbar support (not a difficult process at all).

• 4 months later...

Archived