TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange Thread

Glenn&Steph

Hello - new to this section of Team Shelby. I am the new owner of SGT0128. So far love it, very clean car and well maintained. I am sure I will ask a few questions as time goes on..........

Knowing you this car could have not gone to a better home.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello - new to this section of Team Shelby. I am the new owner of SGT0128. So far love it, very clean car and well maintained. I am sure I will ask a few questions as time goes on..........

The GO SGT's have always been my favorite.

Thrilled for you Bruce, can't wait to see it live!

Congrats :yahoo::clapping::worship::dance::victory::shift:

Hello Chris.

Thanks for asking.

Actually probably done no more than 100 miles in the GT-C since it arrived. Drives nice and smooth, however I like the KR way better. It's like a new car, nice, tight and grunty.

Here is another project I am working on. Is my partners car that she's owned for 37 years. I am doing a full body up restoration, which is 95% complete.

You have probably seen plenty in the USA. It is reasonably rare here. It is an original 1969 Mercury Montego 2 door Hardtop.

Has your Boss arrived yet?

Sam

The images below were posted using "Postimage" https://postimages.org/

I believe if using "Photobucket" on external sites you now have to pay a fee.

P1040125.jpg

P1040179.jpg

P1040180.jpg

:drool:

Yes sir.....I remember that car very well! A very good high school buddy had an orange Cyclone in our senior year (1979) and he was big man on campus with that car!!! :dance:

Your garage looks awesome buddy!! Between the two cars there, you got plenty of choice and difference whenever you want! :victory: Very nice buddy.

BB

Thank you for the replies - it sure seems like a great car and I love it, I really needed to be back in a "late" model Mustang again. :)

Bruce, glad you are enjoying the car. I've had the pleasure of owning #56 and #128, and by far this was the best maintained and upgraded car without a SC. Not to mention all the paperwork and that original Hero Card I gave you. Glad it went to a good home. I'm sad, but life takes us to different places in life.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Seems like its been a while since there's been activity on this thread, but the heck with it.

New to the page and its great to be here! Finally, I Purchased my first Shelby about a month ago, Shelby GT-C #80 (08SGT0080) Love everything about this car. ill stop there cause i could just talk all day about it!!  But was wondering if anyone on here is in the Midwest area. It would be awesome to know if there's another C by me! 

IMG_0966 (1).jpg

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 4:08 PM, 08SGT80 said:

Seems like its been a while since there's been activity on this thread, but the heck with it.

New to the page and its great to be here! Finally, I Purchased my first Shelby about a month ago, Shelby GT-C #80 (08SGT0080) Love everything about this car. ill stop there cause i could just talk all day about it!!  But was wondering if anyone on here is in the Midwest area. It would be awesome to know if there's another C by me! 

IMG_0966 (1).jpg

Congrats and Welcome to Team Shelby. Yeah,  the Shelby GT Section isn’t as busy as it was 10 or  12 ears ago when the cars first came out, but there are  some  people who still hang around and  contribute here by helping  with technical questions owners have and helping other SGT owners who are new to the car. Just an FYI, one of the best annual Shelby Vehicle shows put on annually is the Legacy Bank Shelby  Car Show in Plano,TX.Its usually in early June.  Quite a few Orange SGT owners gather at that annually for the show. It’s put on by Carroll’s Shellby’s grandson Aaron Shelby and there are a lot of Shelby cars and Shelby history on display with plenty of cars and entertainment.

1 hour ago, mhr1961 said:

Congrats and Welcome to Team Shelby. Yeah,  the Shelby GT Section isn’t as busy as it was 10 or  12 ears ago when the cars first came out, but the are a some  people who still hang around and  contribute here by helping  with technical questions owners have and helping other SGT owners who are new to the car. Just an FYI, one of the best annual Shelby Vehicle shows put on annually is the Legacy Bank Shelby  Car Show in Plano,TX.Its usually in early June.  Quite a few Orange SGT owners gather at that annually for the show. It’s put on by Carroll’s Shellby’s grandson Aaron Shelby and there are a lot of Shelby cars and Shelby history on display with plenty of cars and entertainment.

Happy to be apart of it. wanted one for years! Sad that the thread has faded a little but oh well! Maybe I can try and make it down there next year, if only I didn't live in Indiana hhahhah

6 hours ago, 08SGT80 said:

Congrats on the grabber!  Ive always been fond of them.

I’m actually in the same state, but southern Indiana, way south...in Evansville.  Where about in the state are you?  I’m looking at the background in your posted pic and that does not look like the Midwest I know about 🧐

58 minutes ago, mfield2a said:

Congrats on the grabber!  Ive always been fond of them.

I’m actually in the same state, but southern Indiana, way south...in Evansville.  Where about in the state are you?  I’m looking at the background in your posted pic and that does not look like the Midwest I know about 🧐

Thank you! 

Oh awesome, hello fellow Hoosier. No its not, pic was taken somewhere between LA and Vegas at an abandon gas station off the highway. Just one of my favorite pictures I have of her so from my road trip back. 

Im actually up north in the region. Right at the tip of Lake Michigan.

4 hours ago, Shelby1981 said:

Welcome and congratulations! SGT-C #18 and I live in Avon, Indiana.  

Sweet! I'm up in Chesterton. happy to find im not the only one in the state!

GO is a great color. Just purchased my first GT/SC 08SGT0032, 230 miles only.

Car was previous owned by David Durant @ The Stable Performence Cars.

It is currently on its way to Norway. I have had two Super Snakes before, one 605hp base car and one 725hp Kenne Bell car, both 2007.

F796F746-E201-4394-A8C3-458B53AC218C.jpeg

C80005C7-D807-4940-9EC5-746A6967309C.jpeg

D34F924D-6B4C-45C8-82CF-26FB97167F5E.jpeg

14 hours ago, T-K said:

GO is a great color. Just purchased my first GT/SC 08SGT0032, 230 miles only.

Car was previous owned by David Durant @ The Stable Performence Cars.

It is currently on its way to Norway. I have had two Super Snakes before, one 605hp base car and one 725hp Kenne Bell car, both 2007.

F796F746-E201-4394-A8C3-458B53AC218C.jpeg

C80005C7-D807-4940-9EC5-746A6967309C.jpeg

D34F924D-6B4C-45C8-82CF-26FB97167F5E.jpeg

You finally got something!!.  Congratulations. You chose well sir!   You might be interested to know that your car was number 49 in the Shelby build sequence.  

On 7/29/2019 at 10:22 PM, Shelby1981 said:

Cool! I am very familiar with that area. I grew up going to Dunes and Mount Baldy. 

Oh wow, small world! the dunes are just 5 minutes down the road from me. 

Archived