TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange Thread

Glenn&Steph

I know what you mean. Mine sits in the garage all week, and I can't wait untill the weekends so I can drive it. Drove it to San Diego last weekend and went on a Mustang cruise. There were about 60 there.

[/quo

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to by a lower billet grill that matches the stock GT C item ??? I'm gona order the dead pedal thru Shelby. Next mods will be HPM lower control arms, powder coated valve covers and possibly a dash mounted tach [like a 66 GT 350].....And so it begins !!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I did it today! My first Shelby, proud owner of 08SGT0056.

I mean purchased less than an hour ago from Sunset Ford. Will have to wait around a month to get it because it has to be shipped (I am from Texas). Was looking hard at a GT500, but even with those good looks, I like the Grabber orange color and that it was built by Shelby Autos.

P.S: I haven't figured how to tell the wife, we already have to park outside because of my other toys...Have to get her something good for X-Mas.:)

Wise choice... I was about to pickup a 08 Alloy GT 500 at MSRP in San Diego, but opted to drive up to Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood to see the GT-C in person.

No regrets to this day. I picked the GT-C for the very same reasons as well as low production.

Welcome to the GO-Whips!!!

R/ J

post-22261-1229305617_thumb.jpg

2 Weeks Old

Bone stock and stayin' that way, except for the painted calipers, which I did today.

With the low production number for GT-C(s), modifying them only hurts the current and more importantly, future value.

Why mess with perfection.

The car looks SMOKIN' HOT just as it sits.

R/ J

Wise choice... I was about to pickup a 08 Alloy GT 500 at MSRP in San Diego, but opted to drive up to Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood to see the GT-C in person.

No regrets to this day. I picked the GT-C for the very same reasons as well as low production.

Welcome to the GO-Whips!!!

R/ J

I looked at the 500s as well but fell in love with the GT C . I always thought the 65-6 GT 350s were the coolest car ever made and the Shelby GT is as close as I will probably ever get to a 350.

My dad's auto repair garage did the first mechanical restoration on '65 GT 350 # 0013 in 1975 and I fell in love with the GT 350s then. How cool was it for me to be dropped off at high school by my brother in one of the very first Shelby's ?? The car had only 3000 miles on it at the time and had been sitting on a neighbors front lawn for 10 years. It was for sale at the time for 3000.00. No matter how hard I pleaded with my dad he wouldn't let me buy the car.

I looked at the 500s as well but fell in love with the GT C . I always thought the 65-6 GT 350s were the coolest car ever made and the Shelby GT is as close as I will probably ever get to a 350.

My dad's auto repair garage did the first mechanical restoration on '65 GT 350 # 0013 in 1975 and I fell in love with the GT 350s then. How cool was it for me to be dropped off at high school by my brother in one of the very first Shelby's ?? The car had only 3000 miles on it at the time and had been sitting on a neighbors front lawn for 10 years. It was for sale at the time for 3000.00. No matter how hard I pleaded with my dad he wouldn't let me buy the car.

I bet your dad wishes he picked it up for 3000.00 now

I have no Idea. Car is still in Californai, being shipped to me on the 29th. I'll have to shorten them I guess. I havent seen one in person (stoped that is) so I will have to see how they normally look.

louis

Pickup the upgraded ones. The ones that it comes with are crap. When you changed them out you can shorten them.

Congrats on your new car.

Glenn

Why are those hoodpin layards so long? Someone messing around with them?

Glenn

My experience has been that all are the same length. At some time someone has rerouted the cable under the hood. To make a long story short, I had a dealer do some work on mine one day and they had them all messed up. I had to figure out how they were originally routed under the radiator shroud.

Actually I disconnected the 3rd brake light. I liked the clean look. I know they have kits to relocated it to the top of the rear glass. But for now I'm leaving it without it.

I agree, it looks better. Have you had any problems with the police? how about when you get the state inspection?

Grabber Orange SGT-C is my 2nd favorite SGT color combo, but I don't have one so I'm not allowed to post in here. Out of envy (actually boredom), I started the SGT-R(est of US) thread :D

Well, :poke: you can stop by anytime and chat and if you are in Orlando stop by and I'll let you touch my Orange paint. OK?

:poke:

Glenn

FYI for you SGT-C folks. Went through this thread and updated my old spreadsheet with new info.

Got some info on 56 of the 217 SGT-Cs including 22 Teamshelby members. Unfortunately, unable to post spreadsheets in here.

What kind of Info :headscratch: I saw somewhere where this car was in Colorado, but just purchased new in California

Archived