TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange Thread

Glenn&Steph

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks Great! Where did you order the scoops for the windows? Also, the Hurst emblem on the rear?

Glenn

Thanks, I like it.

The scoops are from Shelby, they're the RS scoops. If you put any scoops on you'll want to cover the inside of the window. I put the inside cover plates, but you could just tint them dark. The back of the scoops looks pretty bad from inside.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/show...w%20Scoops&

The Hurst Emblem you can get from OPGi or Classic Industries in H.B., they both have them. I also have one on my Dash which looks great. I'll take a pic later and post it with some of the other inside addons.

Husrt_Emblem.pdf

http://www.opgi.com/product.asp?catmainid=...&yearrange=

Husrt_Emblem.pdf

Have you replaced your front spoiler? Mine is orange on the bottom and yours is black. Nice wheels!

I drive this car almost everyday and some of the driveways are not so forgiving. It was looking rough so I painted the lower sides to camouflage the damage. I've have a black lower grill insert coming which will complete the look.

The wheels are great, they really change the look of the car from stock. The tires are by Nitto; I like power slides as much as the next guy, but next set of tires will be softer for grip in the curves.

Thanks, I like it.

The scoops are from Shelby, they're the RS scoops. If you put any scoops on you'll want to cover the inside of the window. I put the inside cover plates, but you could just tint them dark. The back of the scoops looks pretty bad from inside.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/show...w%20Scoops&

The Hurst Emblem you can get from OPGi or Classic Industries in H.B., they both have them. I also have one on my Dash which looks great. I'll take a pic later and post it with some of the other inside addons.

Husrt_Emblem.pdf

http://www.opgi.com/product.asp?catmainid=...&yearrange=

Thankyou for the info. Very helpful!

Glenn

Not usually a fan of the quarter scoops, but these look sick! And the spoiler looks great. Shoot, I love the whole car! Great job.

Thanks, the car's been a blast the last 11,487 miles. I highly recommend PCH over Big Sur.

Here are some of the inside upgrades.

post-19660-1227069880_thumb.jpgpost-19660-1227069894_thumb.jpg

post-19660-1227069905_thumb.jpgpost-19660-1227069915_thumb.jpg

post-19660-1227069880_thumb.jpg

post-19660-1227069894_thumb.jpg

post-19660-1227069905_thumb.jpg

post-19660-1227069915_thumb.jpg

Only Ford dealers in Southern California could order the GT-C and be the first dealer to receive the car from Shelby Autos. From there, the dealers sell to whoever they choose. I know for sure that cars have been shipped to Denmark, Germany and Australia. There is a Ford dealer in Kirkland, WA that has 2 new GT-C's for sale that they got from a CA dealer. There is a dealer in FL with a GT-C for sale also. One CA Ford dealer in Needles, CA shipped their GT-C's to a another dealer in AZ to sell there.

If you want a new GT-C shipped to Australia, the dealer who has already shipped one there is Advantage Ford in Duarte, CA. The man to talk to is Rick, and he has one GT-C left in stock. It is 08SGT0160, has the Shaker 1000 audio system and a manual transmission. You can buy the car for $37,143 plus shipping.

Hey Guys... new to TS and just got 08SGT0160 last night. Love at fist site.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm debating on putting the Hurst Equipped emblem on the car. Any thoughts on this? I found them cheaper elsewhere but here is what they look like.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&id=36949

I know there are more Grabber Orange SGT/C's out there. Post your ride. Lets keep this thread from falling.

Thank you.

Glenn

I'm debating on putting the Hurst Equipped emblem on the car. Any thoughts on this?

I know there are more Grabber Orange SGT/C's out there. Post your ride. Lets keep this thread from falling.

Thank you.

Glenn

Do you have a picture of what the emblems look like ??

As for me I will probably keep mine stock appearing. I may change the cams and add 4.10 gears but will wait until I drive it to Birmingham in April before doing any mods

post-23004-1229033958_thumb.jpg

post-23004-1229033958_thumb.jpg

Well I did it today! My first Shelby, proud owner of 08SGT0056.

I mean purchased less than an hour ago from Sunset Ford. Will have to wait around a month to get it because it has to be shipped (I am from Texas). Was looking hard at a GT500, but even with those good looks, I like the Grabber orange color and that it was built by Shelby Autos.

P.S: I haven't figured how to tell the wife, we already have to park outside because of my other toys...Have to get her something good for X-Mas.:)

I mean purchased less than an hour ago from Sunset Ford. Will have to wait around a month to get it because it has to be shipped (I am from Texas). Was looking hard at a GT500, but even with those good looks, I like the Grabber orange color and that it was built by Shelby Autos.

P.S: I haven't figured how to tell the wife, we already have to park outside because of my other toys...Have to get her something good for X-Mas.:)

Hey Louis,

You will love the car. People love talking about the color and they will ask you lots of questions. Get educated on it and have fun. Congrats!

Glenn

Congrats !!! I am also a proud new GT C owner...got mine 3 weeks ago It's also my first Shelby

Archived