TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clark's SGT/SC

pottydr

The short story is that I closed the garage last night at 10:50 p.m. and, for the first time in six months, the car was in it. It is scheduled to go in on Monday to have the AP Racing brakes, the Fays2 Watts Link and the GT500 wheels and tires added. I should have it back next Thursday. At that point it will be ready for some photos.

I have only about 50 miles on it post S/C. I must say the polished KB is very nice looking. Took it to boost one time (highway on ramp) and was impressed. Not so much by the power (there is plenty) but by how smoothly it was delivered. And the sound of the KB . . . unlike anything I have ever heard. Just surreal and in a very, very good way.

Honesly, after 6 months apart, it was just nice to be back driving it. Thanks to all of you who held my hand while it was gone. Special thanks to Bud to whom I owe an apology for my somewhat strident tone in the last week. One thing I can say without reservation is this: When the disaster with the Paxton S/Cs happened, SAI promised they would do right by me and they did.

Jim

The short story is that I closed the garage last night at 10:50 p.m. and, for the first time in six months, the car was in it. It is scheduled to go in on Monday to have the AP Racing brakes, the Fays2 Watts Link and the GT500 wheels and tires added. I should have it back next Thursday. At that point it will be ready for some photos.

I have only about 50 miles on it post S/C. I must say the polished KB is very nice looking. Took it to boost one time (highway on ramp) and was impressed. Not so much by the power (there is plenty) but by how smoothly it was delivered. And the sound of the KB . . . unlike anything I have ever heard. Just surreal and in a very, very good way.

Honesly, after 6 months apart, it was just nice to be back driving it. Thanks to all of you who held my hand while it was gone. Special thanks to Bud to whom I owe an apology for my somewhat strident tone in the last week. One thing I can say without reservation is this: When the disaster with the Paxton S/Cs happened, SAI promised they would do right by me and they did.

Jim

Hey Jim,

I am glad you have your car back and everything worked out with SAI. That smile when you hit it and hear that blower whine, doesn't fade over time.

Michael

Hey Jim,

I am glad you have your car back and everything worked out with SAI. That smile when you hit it and hear that blower whine, doesn't fade over time.

Michael

Thanks. You guys who already have a similar set up have been the inspiration for me having the patience to wait it out. Was it worth it? Oh, yeah.

Jim

I echo everyone else in saying that I'm happy for you that you've got your SGT S/C back in YOUR garage!

At this point, I need to know if the KB will fit under the CS6 hood. . . . I think that the KB is the way I'm going to go later on. . .

However, I must ask, now that you've driven your SGT with the KB. . . . . . would you still go that way or would you have waited out the Paxton because of it's performance on the Track?

I have the luxury of time on my side, I may decide to go with the Paxton on my SGT. . . . . I am really just looking for your opinion. . .

CONGRATS!!! I, like everyone else, have been waiting to hear from you about your first impressions with the KB!!!

Trevor

I echo everyone else in saying that I'm happy for you that you've got your SGT S/C back in YOUR garage!

At this point, I need to know if the KB will fit under the CS6 hood. . . . I think that the KB is the way I'm going to go later on. . .

However, I must ask, now that you've driven your SGT with the KB. . . . . . would you still go that way or would you have waited out the Paxton because of it's performance on the Track?

I have the luxury of time on my side, I may decide to go with the Paxton on my SGT. . . . . I am really just looking for your opinion. . .

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I believe the KB will fit under the CS6 hood. Last night, I took my strut tower brace (that was removed for the KB) and put it back on the car without trying to cinch it down. The height of the KB is not higher than is the stock SGT with the strut tower brace on the car. Very unscientific and no warranties given on this advice but it looks like it will fit without the brace on.

On the CS6 hood, you may want to get the folks who have this hood to weigh in about it. I am starting to hear that those hoods are not holding up as well as had been hoped. Best to let the owners of the hoods give you their opinions directly.

In terms of the Paxton vs. the KB, I don't have any way to compare. The answer may be at the 2009 B-Day Bash. Maybe the supercharged folks could set up a pool of cars that have Whipple, Paxton and KB units on them and share their cars so we could drive one right after another on the same track and compare. If I can hook up with ShelbyPilot, I will have him drive mine. He has track experience with his Paxton so he is the logical choice for me, given that we live reasonably close to each other.

Jim

Hey - Jim has his car back :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

You will HAVE to post pictures after you get the car back from its final installs :)

Be sure to have your installer follow the break-in procedure on those brakes. Want them working for you at their best :):) Dont hesitate to give a call if there are any issues.

Congrats on being able to drive the ole car again Jim :)

I was at SAI on Monday and saw Jim's car just before it got on the truck. The KB is awesome!

Eagerly awaiting a drivers report.

You were immensely more patient than I. I couldn't have left my car there for almost 9 months. I decided to take mine home and schedule later. Working...

If I can hook up with ShelbyPilot, I will have him drive mine. He has track experience with his Paxton so he is the logical choice for me, given that we live reasonably close to each other.

Jim

I'm in, I want to try those AP Racing Brakes out also.

Here are some quick photos of the beast. Not great quality seeing as how its in the garage and in the dark but I know I owe you all something. It REALLY is fun! B)

Jim

KB1001.jpg

KB1002.jpg

KB1003.jpg

KB1004.jpg

KB1005.jpg

KB1006.jpg

KB1008.jpg

KB1009.jpg

Thanks and you are right about the bling. I confess I just could not resist. :)

Jim

Jim,

looks great! The KB is an awesome set up. Do you still have the stock hood or did you go to the CS6? I wasn't sure. I have the CS6 hood and was wanting to know if any clearance issues with the KB. Thanks,

Dave

Jim,

looks great! The KB is an awesome set up. Do you still have the stock hood or did you go to the CS6? I wasn't sure. I have the CS6 hood and was wanting to know if any clearance issues with the KB. Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have the stock hood. I think the KB will fit under the CS6 hood, without the brace, of course.

Jim

VERY NICE, but it does look like the KB intake makes it almost impossible to check/add washer fluid there now....And you are going to need that to get all of those slow bugs off of the windshield now with that Supercharger on there!!!!

Archived