TEAM SHELBY FORUM

half baked E-Bay auctions

It has amazed me that most of the Supersnakes that have been posted on Ebay have been listed really poorly with low quality photos in many and inadequate photos in others. Some of the ads were not even on par with basic ads/auction listings for base V6 mustangs and GT's. Many of us have sold many cars on Ebay and know that you must appeal to your prospective buyers. These cars need to be shown in a manner that does justice to the great vehicles they are. Close up blower, suspension and interior shots along with photos of SAI documentation, pictures outside of SAI etc.

I have no problem with folks flipping their SS's(after all they paid for them). I just wish they would put a little effort into the marketing so that the bidding is stimulated by strong auction content. Remember too that each sale sets a precedent or baseline from which these cars will sell. It is similar to the real estate "comparable". That being said over time many of the future sales will help set future value. A lot of effort goes into planning and paying for the SS purchase- shouldn't a reasonable effort be put into the sales process as well? In some ways I think the SS community benefits from each of us putting our best foot forward. Rant over.....

I agree!

There are 2 on ebay right now. The black car is not a bad auction, but on a car like this you need to have the folks mouth watering with all the info. Have them want the car so bad that cant live without it.

Now the white car is a TERRIBLE auction. 6 pictures of it being picked up at SAI. Then it says LOW Shelby number and nothging else. NO HP! I wonder if its a real auction or someone that has stole pictures of an SS and now trying to sell it on ebay?

michael morris

It has amazed me that most of the Supersnakes that have been posted on Ebay have been listed really poorly with low quality photos in many and inadequate photos in others. Some of the ads were not even on par with basic ads/auction listings for base V6 mustangs and GT's. Many of us have sold many cars on Ebay and know that you must appeal to your prospective buyers. These cars need to be shown in a manner that does justice to the great vehicles they are. Close up blower, suspension and interior shots along with photos of SAI documentation, pictures outside of SAI etc.

I have no problem with folks flipping their SS's(after all they paid for them). I just wish they would put a little effort into the marketing so that the bidding is stimulated by strong auction content. Remember too that each sale sets a precedent or baseline from which these cars will sell. It is similar to the real estate "comparable". That being said over time many of the future sales will help set future value. A lot of effort goes into planning and paying for the SS purchase- shouldn't a reasonable effort be put into the sales process as well? In some ways I think the SS community benefits from each of us putting our best foot forward. Rant over.....

+10000000000000

I couldn't agree more. They want top dollar but wouldn't put five minutes in the add.

I totally agree; if I were selling a modern Muscle Car like the SS, I would pay attention to detail with such an outstanding and unique engineering master piece. Ebay is a great catalyst to sell a car if you prepare diligently; hint hint... :idea:

The auction for the white one is terrible. I read it twice looking for HP. It looks like it could be a dealer that does not really know what it has. I would like for the cars to bring a premium. I ordered the car to drive and enjoy, but the current economic picture makes selling mine a real possibility.

Lrock

I totally agree; if I were selling a modern Muscle Car like the SS, I would pay attention to detail with such an outstanding and unique engineering master piece. Ebay is a great catalyst to sell a car if you prepare diligently; hint hint... :idea:

I am not impressed with the auction for the White one either. There has been some additions to the Black one, but any suggestions on how to improve the auction would be appreciated and passed on to the seller.

Archived