TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who's going to SAAC 33?

ShelbyGT/SC

I was wondering who is going to SAAC 33 Aug 15-18?

I am going. I paid for the event last year and looking forward to having some fun, racing my car and partying.

I am looking forward to catching up with many of you at the event.

Please don't post any complaints about the current issues going on between SAAC and Shelby. I am not looking for any comments about that here. Let's keep things civil and just talk about having fun at a Shelby related event. Let the fighting go on behind the scenes. I am hopeful that they can work it all out soon so that all good Shelby loving people can enjoy the cars, people and fun rather than bickering amunst ourselves.

Well, let me know who's going so we can all have some fun.

Adam

we'll pass each other on the road buddy, I am going to Lime Rock for the Mustang Challenge.

(No hotel rooms left for Thunderbolt).

I already told RS, remember you always have a place to pit stop halfway home, I am 15 minutes from the GWB.

That's a bummer Michael but I am sure you'll have a blast too.

FYI, there are still hotels available at SAAC. I am staying at the Wingate.

That's a bummer Michael but I am sure you'll have a blast too.

FYI, there are still hotels available at SAAC. I am staying at the Wingate.

oh well, I got that hotel info second hand, also something about the hotel being 30 minutes or 30 miles from the track?....cant remember which.

Anyway, look for Cobrawertz (Rick), he is going.

oh well, I got that hotel info second hand, also something about the hotel being 30 minutes or 30 miles from the track?....cant remember which.

I'll be driving my 70' mach there on Sat. along with a friend with his 67' Gt-500. we'll be parking it in the show lot.

Chris

Hey Adam, I'll be attending on Sunday, as part of the Shine & Show and also will be partaking in the Parade laps during the lunch breaks. I really can't wait for the vintage racing. I'm hoping to see a few real GT40's run the track. That would be worth every penny to go! If you walk the Show & Shine field of cars, and see a 2006 Vista Blue GT with Shelby CS67 wheels, white LeMans Stripes, center fog lamps, and a trunk lid mat with my screen name in mirrored plexi (car in my avatar), please stop by and say hello. :shift:

I'll be going for all three days. Please see a similar thread about SAAC-33 that I started in the "off topic" section.

I'm going with two other people, and between us we will be bringing:

- 07 GT500 White w/ blue stripes

- 08 GT500 Blue w/ white stripes and a 'grabber' orange FAI stripe across the hood

- 65 Fastback Mustang (kind of a resto-mod) in Bullit green

- Original 289 Shelby Cobra (originally a 260 car that was redone by Shelby back in the 60's)

- 427 Cobra Kit (very authentic looking)

- GT40 Kit in white

- Superformance Daytona Coupe

- and one additional 1960's Shelby that I don't have any other info on yet

I will be in the paddock on Friday and probably Saturday, but will be on the "Show & Shine" field on Sunday. I'll be doing the parade laps all three days in my 08 GT500.

If you see me, please stop by and introduce yourself. It's going to be a blast!!!

Z_man.JPG

Z_man.JPG

I'll be going for all three days. Please see a similar thread about SAAC-33 that I started in the "off topic" section.

I'm going with two other people, and between us we will be bringing:

- 07 GT500 White w/ blue stripes

- 08 GT500 Blue w/ white stripes and a 'grabber' orange FAI stripe across the hood

- 65 Fastback Mustang (kind of a resto-mod) in Bullit green

- Original 289 Shelby Cobra (originally a 260 car that was redone by Shelby back in the 60's)

- 427 Cobra Kit (very authentic looking)

- GT40 Kit in white

- Superformance Daytona Coupe

- and one additional 1960's Shelby that I don't have any other info on yet

I will be in the paddock on Friday and probably Saturday, but will be on the "Show & Shine" field on Sunday. I'll be doing the parade laps all three days in my 08 GT500.

If you see me, please stop by and introduce yourself. It's going to be a blast!!!

Will do Z-Man. Is your car the GT500 with the FIA stripe? Just want to know what car to look for, so I can come up to ya and say hello. :shift: I am so stoked to go to this. As for time, I may be leaving with my friend around 6:30 am, to get there by 8 am, so he can make the drivers meeting (he paid for track time). I got several other friends coming from Bad Mustangs Club.com later and we will all be parked on the Show & Shine field. I'll look for ya.

Will do Z-Man. Is your car the GT500 with the FIA stripe? Just want to know what car to look for, so I can come up to ya and say hello. :shift: I am so stoked to go to this. As for time, I may be leaving with my friend around 6:30 am, to get there by 8 am, so he can make the drivers meeting (he paid for track time). I got several other friends coming from Bad Mustangs Club.com later and we will all be parked on the Show & Shine field. I'll look for ya.

VistaBlue -

Yes, mine is the one with the FAI stripe. I put int on a week ago just for this event. I wanted to do something so that my car would stand out, and so that fellow Team Shelby members would know it was my car and stop by to chat. So, do you like it? I wasn't 100% sure at first, but it's really growing on me.

I didn't forget about checking out your boss's Ford GT either. I'll be on my best behavior, and even wipe my feet if allows to sit in it.

VistaBlue -

Yes, mine is the one with the FAI stripe. I put int on a week ago just for this event. I wanted to do something so that my car would stand out, and so that fellow Team Shelby members would know it was my car and stop by to chat. So, do you like it? I wasn't 100% sure at first, but it's really growing on me.

I didn't forget about checking out your boss's Ford GT either. I'll be on my best behavior, and even wipe my feet if allows to sit in it.

Hey bud, I like the stripe alot!!! It does stand out, and thats gonna be sweet when your car comes around for parade laps and you get it on film. I'll be sure to look for ya Sunday. And about my boss's GT? It won't be there, but if your in the Lansdale area, let me know.

Hey guys....I'm fortunate enough to live 30 mi. from the track in Clayton,NJ. I'll be going Sunday. This is a first event for me. Hopefully I won't mess up. Plan to be there at 8 am to participate in the Shine and Show and maybe parade laps? Come by and say Hi......I'm Bill with the 07 GT 500 Alloy w/ silver stripes and you can tell it's mine with Carroll's autograph on the center console. Looking for any helpful newbie info from you old timers. Hope to meet you all there.

Hey guys....I'm fortunate enough to live 30 mi. from the track in Clayton,NJ. I'll be going Sunday. This is a first event for me. Hopefully I won't mess up. Plan to be there at 8 am to participate in the Shine and Show and maybe parade laps? Come by and say Hi......I'm Bill with the 07 GT 500 Alloy w/ silver stripes and you can tell it's mine with Carroll's autograph on the center console. Looking for any helpful newbie info from you old timers. Hope to meet you all there.

Hey Bill, I'll be sure to look for your car and say hello. If you see my Vista Blue GT with stripes and CS67 wheels and center fogs, and see me sitting there, feel free to come on over and say hi. :shift:

Thought I'd jump in and say Hi,

At least a dozen of us from LI Mustang and Shelby Club are going (including Rick) and are staying at the Quality Inn Suites (3 miles from track). We found this place on our own...Most of us are going on Thursday....Didn't get my 66H done in time, so I'll be taking the 06H instead...should be a blast...as long as mother nature cooperates !

Fred

I'm staying at the Wingate. Supposed to be one of the nicer places but won't be sleeping much anyway.

Anyone needs to know more about hotels post here and I will list more. I use a program called Microsoft Streets and Trips. Been using since the 1997 version. On 2008 version now. Incredible program. Can find all the hotels with phone and addy in the area.

Also, for all attending SAAC 33. DON'T FORGET TO BRING A FIREX WITH METAL BRACKET BOLTED TO CAR. Thunderbolt will not accept a firex with a plastic brace. I found one on eBay for $19 but last one. Roger knows of other vendors. PM him if you need more info. What the heck, PM him anyway just to fill up his mailbox LOL.

See ya'll there.

Now that everyone kissed and made up,( :wub: ) I may drive down for the day on Friday or Sunday as I am very committed to going to Lime Rock on Saturday. (5 1/2 drive each way making it a long day for a SAAC event)

Now that there are two Shelby National organizations I hoping the competition will offer us the enthusiasts more activities and information at a reasonable rate.

I'm staying at the Wingate. Supposed to be one of the nicer places but won't be sleeping much anyway.

Anyone needs to know more about hotels post here and I will list more. I use a program called Microsoft Streets and Trips. Been using since the 1997 version. On 2008 version now. Incredible program. Can find all the hotels with phone and addy in the area.

Also, for all attending SAAC 33. DON'T FORGET TO BRING A FIREX WITH METAL BRACKET BOLTED TO CAR. Thunderbolt will not accept a firex with a plastic brace. I found one on eBay for $19 but last one. Roger knows of other vendors. PM him if you need more info. What the heck, PM him anyway just to fill up his mailbox LOL.

See ya'll there.

Hey Adam, I'm assuming the mount is for open track events only right. I'm pretty sure they won't ask for this for the parade laps since that is a more controlled enviorment.

I was wondering who is going to SAAC 33 Aug 15-18?

I am going. I paid for the event last year and looking forward to having some fun, racing my car and partying.

I am looking forward to catching up with many of you at the event.

Please don't post any complaints about the current issues going on between SAAC and Shelby. I am not looking for any comments about that here. Let's keep things civil and just talk about having fun at a Shelby related event. Let the fighting go on behind the scenes. I am hopeful that they can work it all out soon so that all good Shelby loving people can enjoy the cars, people and fun rather than bickering amunst ourselves.

Well, let me know who's going so we can all have some fun.

Adam

Adam,

I'll be loooking foward to meeting you at SAAC...bought my first "new" car from Tasca in the summer between my high school junior and senior year in 1964. Went up to Tasca to get a 63 1/2 liteweight, until my father figured out what was going on, that is ....came home with Bob Tasca's wife 64 Falcon Sprint demo! Oh well, almost pulled it off :cry:

Definately have some good stories for you...

Fred

I think I may be going now. It will be good to see the lessening of tension in the family.

Flybgoy, If you're going let me know. I plan to go for a day trip on Sat. Leave early and return that evening. Maybe we can convoy. I live in Manassas,Va. I'll be bringing 08SS0003. Black/Black.

You can call be or E-Mail

Oz Lamonds

703-791-6090

703-872-2850

oz.lamonds@verizon.net

oz_lamonds@usairways.com

Anyothers in northern Virginia want to join?

See ya'll there. Roger and I are leaving tomorrow around 2 pm. Stopping off at my old office in NYC at Penn Plaza to see some old friends then heading straight to Mellville.

Anyone else getting in Thu night?

Cell is 508-272-2291.

Adam

Flybgoy, If you're going let me know. I plan to go for a day trip on Sat. Leave early and return that evening. Maybe we can convoy. I live in Manassas,Va. I'll be bringing 08SS0003. Black/Black.

You can call be or E-Mail

Oz Lamonds

703-791-6090

703-872-2850

oz.lamonds@verizon.net

oz_lamonds@usairways.com

Anyothers in northern Virginia want to join?

Oz, are you bringing the SS?

I will be looking for you. Another Michael Morris family member.

Roger

Archived