TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you like a convertible GT-H?

crispy23c

Well, "forced" meaning that I'm going to have to pay more for the car I want. I'd be VERY happy with a Shelby GT Convertible coming out of Vegas for hopefully $10K less than those (excluding the dealers raping us).

I'm dissapointed with what I'm reading handling wise with the 500 Convertible (vs the Coupe Shelby GT). One would think that 'Ol Shel would find a way to make it "right" for the Shelby GT in a ragtop.

I couldn't agree more. My feeling is that the dealers won't be able to rape us as much because:

1) There's already a Shelby out there

2) This isn't the king of the HP hill

Their misunderstanding of what this car is might actually save us from the ridiculous pricing. Add to that the theoretical 3rd year of production of the '500 (and upcoming SE's like the Boss & Bullitt), and the market should be softer. What I crave for this car:

1) Covertible

2) S/C option

3) Roll bar option

Sorry, I feel that it would be practical to add a roll bar to a 'vert. Should be a nicely balanced, sporty 'stang with big potential! :happy feet:

I don't know about owning a GT...I'd go for the GT500 personally.

But in terms of renting, a GT-H convertible would be the tits!

--Russ

Not disagreeing on the 'vert factor one bit. For me, since this would be my toy, I would really like a 'vert. I can after-market tighten the handling if I need to.

And Russ...I just read a couple of reviews of the Shelby GT vs the '500. While the Shelby GT has less HP (175 less), it weighs about 500lbs less. The reviews basically said that the 2 cars felt close for acceleration (no numbers, and I doubt it's THAT close), but the Shelby GT handled significantly better (I suspect that's one of the reasons that Ford is revising the suspension on the '500). 500 pounds is alot of extra weight to throw around a curve. I have to say, the praise was still very high for the '500 on a curve. Then I thought.... add a blower to the Shelby GT, and that might be the killer I was looking for. Either way, I am absolutely psyched that Ford and Shelby are cranking out the muscle! :party::shift: :happy feet:

Once I get all the facts, I just have to choose! :wacko:

I really don't understand how the GT500 can weigh so much?!?

I mean it looks bigger than the previous Cobras... fine, its bigger, but 4,000lbs?

My Supercharged Crown Victoria Police Interceptor was weighed at the Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Luxobarge Shootout in 2004 and with a driver it weighed 4,100lbs which means my Eaton blown Crown Victoria, full size sedan, body on frame grandpa mobile weighted less than the new Shelby GT500!!! And I didn't do anything to reduce the weight of the car, nothing! The car was in full trim with steel wheels, spare tire and less than half a tank of gas.

Something fishy going on why the GT500 is so heavy!

--Russ

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, Russ. I remember seeing a tally of what added up, somewhere. I think there are gold bars under the rear seats, but the dealer re-claims them with ADM! :rolleyes:

Blown Vic? Schweeeeet! Must be a real sleeper on the streets! :yup:

My wife had a Grand Marquis as her last car. Now she has a Lincoln, and she still talks about getting back to another Marquis. I loved that car too. Room for 20, decent gas mileage, corners pretty good- for such a big rig! I always told her that I would stuff a blower under the hood of that thing. Maybe next time...

I agree, Russ. I remember seeing a tally of what added up, somewhere. I think there are gold bars under the rear seats, but the dealer re-claims them with ADM! :rolleyes:

Blown Vic? Schweeeeet! Must be a real sleeper on the streets! :yup:

My wife had a Grand Marquis as her last car. Now she has a Lincoln, and she still talks about getting back to another Marquis. I loved that car too. Room for 20, decent gas mileage, corners pretty good- for such a big rig! I always told her that I would stuff a blower under the hood of that thing. Maybe next time...

No Crispy the reason its so heavy is all the lead heads at Ford who didn't regulate the sale of the cars and made it a huge issue to Ford's future buying force....hey wait a minute thats us.

hahahha! funny....

Here's a juicy tidbit regarding this:

Shelby is considering convertible GT-H's. It depends on Hertz reaction. So, in my mind this is a no-brainer. Coooooool!!!

PS- heard this from queen "B" herself...Amy B :happy feet: :bandance:

WOW that would be great and give the stelerships more of a chance to take our money.

hahahha! funny....

Here's a juicy tidbit regarding this:

Shelby is considering convertible GT-H's. It depends on Hertz reaction. So, in my mind this is a no-brainer. Coooooool!!!

PS- heard this from queen "B" herself...Amy B :happy feet: :bandance:

crispy!!! shame shame...........................lol

Amy

Since I heard of the Shelby Mustang, I've been dreaming of once again owning one in a 'vert format.

That being said, I don't understand why the go-to-market decision depends on Hertz.

Thoughts?

It is not Hertz decision but it does give Ford/Shelby a good test market to see interest.

No problem Rob --- waiting for more pics and some pricing, also it looks like Hertz is doing a Convertible model.

Larry< did you see the floor mats were 229 dollars :glare: . If that is any indication of the pricing structure, I would have to hide these purchases from Wifey or she'd have my butt. :finger:

Larry< did you see the floor mats were 229 dollars :glare: . If that is any indication of the pricing structure, I would have to hide these purchases from Wifey or she'd have my butt. :finger:

Yes, that is a little confusing. The wheels are only $325.00 which is about right I guess we'll just have to see what the future holds and maybe they can put packages together.

Yes, that is a little confusing. The wheels are only $325.00 which is about right I guess we'll just have to see what the future holds and maybe they can put packages together.

I am gonna have to pass on those $230.00 floor mats :rant:

Archived