TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Today's Ford Anouncement

enormous

Two of my friends are supervisors at Ford. Apparently, today Ford anounced A-Plan and Family pricing on the Shelby GT500. Good news for some looking to buy.

Ford hasn't announced anything about that to the dealers yet, and so far Ford's system shows no plan pricing is available.

Are you sure they are not talking about the Shelby GT?

That you can get plan pricing on. The GT500 still shows 0 programs.

Also, even if Ford was to honor plan pricing you still have to find a dealer that would honor it and be willing to sell theirs under that program. I doubt many, if any at all, will sell them for that. Why would a dealer give up $3500 - $4000 profit just to make a few hundred bucks?

Also, none of the invoices on the GT500 have any plan pricing listed on them.

And is this suppose to be on the left over 07's or 08's or both?

Since it was anounced only a few hour ago, I don't think news travels coast to coast in a few hours. This announcement was sent to Canadian Ford supervisors. I don't know about the US application. Time will tell.

If or when Ford announces anything they post it on the dealer forum. So far nothing has been announced and Ford's vincent system which is what has to be used to verify any incentives does not show anything. Plan pricing is still excluded on GT500.

How many GT500's were sent to Canada? I didn't think they got but a few hundred? Seems odd they would put anything on that low of a production.

Also seems odd they would put anything on the GT500 here in the US with only about 1200 cars left to be sold in the entire country. Especially when dealers are still selling them at MSRP or above.

As of Aug 4th there were only 99 2007's left and 1254 2008's left out of approx 19K - 20K cars made. I haven't seen any dealers crying how they can't sell the ones they have left, especially with the amount of mark up they have to offer discounts on them if they really wanted to sell them fast.

If dealers offered them at $1000 over invoice they would make more than what they could selling them on any plan sales.

If they do offer this that will be good for any buyers if they could find a dealer that would let one go for that.

If or when Ford announces anything they post it on the dealer forum. So far nothing has been announced and Ford's vincent system which is what has to be used to verify any incentives does not show anything. Plan pricing is still excluded on GT500.

How many GT500's were sent to Canada? I didn't think they got but a few hundred? Seems odd they would put anything on that low of a production.

Also seems odd they would put anything on the GT500 here in the US with only about 1200 cars left to be sold in the entire country. Especially when dealers are still selling them at MSRP or above.

As of Aug 4th there were only 99 2007's left and 1254 2008's left out of approx 19K - 20K cars made. I haven't seen any dealers crying how they can't sell the ones they have left, especially with the amount of mark up they have to offer discounts on them if they really wanted to sell them fast.

If dealers offered them at $1000 over invoice they would make more than what they could selling them on any plan sales.

If they do offer this that will be good for any buyers if they could find a dealer that would let one go for that.

Each SVT dealer in Canada got 15 Shelby 500 plus some got a few more ,with 27 dealers that is 415 + some extra `s for 2007 & 2008

I will find you a coupe, trade the Mach, the F250, and sell the fifth wheel to travel land in Irvine.

Hehehehe - I dont think Travel Land buys used fifth wheels - or I woulda been there MONTHS ago :)

Hmm - the Mach1, the F-250 - straight across - nothing out of my pocket? :):)

I know - dreamer :)

There ya go Page! No more excuses! Look at all the GAS savings by getting rid of the F250! Go for it!

Hehehe - you think I would SAVE gas? You dont know me well do you :) I am like a different person driving my F-250 - nice and easy. In the Mach - hell on wheels :) I can just imagine what it would be like in a GT500 :)

Hehehehe - I dont think Travel Land buys used fifth wheels - or I woulda been there MONTHS ago :)

Hmm - the Mach1, the F-250 - straight across - nothing out of my pocket? :):)

I know - dreamer :)

Don't worry about the out of pocket stuff. Take advantage of the company you work for and them pick up the monthly cost.

You agree to use the GT500 for PROMOTIONAL purposes. You'll ADVERTISE their brand by say....added a nice windshield banner, adding all their products made for the GT500....all for the low low cost of say....$1,000 month??? LOL

Hey, that would be CHEAP advertising for them. You get a nice ride, plus some gas money left over, and everyone wins!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Don't worry about the out of pocket stuff. Take advantage of the company you work for and them pick up the monthly cost.

You agree to use the GT500 for PROMOTIONAL purposes. You'll ADVERTISE their brand by say....added a nice windshield banner, adding all their products made for the GT500....all for the low low cost of say....$1,000 month??? LOL

Hey, that would be CHEAP advertising for them. You get a nice ride, plus some gas money left over, and everyone wins!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Stillen has been in business for 23 years - because they watch the money spent and what its spent on. What do you think the chances of that ever flying are?

NONE :)

Stillen has been in business for 23 years - because they watch the money spent and what its spent on. What do you think the chances of that ever flying are?

NONE :)

They never advertise? Never set up at car shows or conventions?

How do they get customers to know about them?

Here you go, this is the notification that my friend at Fords in Canada recieved today.

She is the shift superintendant.

2008MY Shelby GT 500 Mustang

Eligible for the Ford of Canada

A/Z New Vehicle Purchase Plan Programs

and

X-Plan New Vehicle Purchase Plan Program

The 2008MY Shelby GT 500 Mustang will be eligible for the A/Z New Vehicle Purchase Plan Programs effective immediately.

The 2008MY Shelby GT 500 Mustang will be eligible for the X-Plan New Vehicle Purchase Plan effective immediat

Denise Byrne, MBA, P.Eng

#3 Shift Superintendent

WEP/Annex

So he will wait and get a better deal?????????????? :hysterical:

Oh yeah! You know if they offer plan pricing then that means they will offer rebates soon. So keep waiting. Then they will have plan pricing plus rebates plus zero percent. So keep waiting. Dealers will get more motivated and discount them below plan pricing. Keep waiting. When they hit $5k below plan pricing minus $5K rebates at 0% then that will be the time to just start thinking about it. It will happen I just know it! You wait and see. Remember this because if you wait you will thank me! :hysterical:

Archived