TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Today's Ford Anouncement

enormous

All i can say is the future of fords performance cars is now dimenished. The 03 Cobra had above Msrp pricing from may 2002 until may 2003. Then by sept there was 0% and rebates. Shelbys name helped carry us for two and a half years but now the market has gotten soft so the plans are rolling out. The original plan of building the gT500 was brillant. This third model year is a big mistake. It will only diminish the value of the gT500. If it was only two year run then I'd bet that every GT500 would be sold by now.

All i can say is the future of fords performance cars is now dimenished. The 03 Cobra had above Msrp pricing from may 2002 until may 2003. Then by sept there was 0% and rebates. Shelbys name helped carry us for two and a half years but now the market has gotten soft so the plans are rolling out. The original plan of building the gT500 was brillant. This third model year is a big mistake. It will only diminish the value of the gT500. If it was only two year run then I'd bet that every GT500 would be sold by now.

Anytime you build to much of a good thing it diminishes.

According to the Ford AXZ Plan site (which I assume is US), it says:

"The Mustang Shelby GT500 is not eligible for purchase or lease utilizing the AXZ Vehicle Purchase Plans. Please check with your local dealer for further details."

So, perhaps the A/X plan offer is only for Canada as it is yet to be seen in the US.

Come on Page you know you want one, What time will you be in tonight?

Sorry - not into verts :) And, you would have to take my fifth wheel and my F-250 :)

I would probably be sleeping on the couch (or or worse in divorce court) if I did that ya know. Even though the wife LOVES Mustangs (you have seen hers - she has taken 1st, 2nd and 3rd in numerous car shows) - she DOESNT like being in debt anymore :)

Archived