TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just called Ford and I'm finished next monday!!!

drlovegun

My shelby is in production right now with a completion date of the 25th. Delivery between Oct 9-16. I'm wondering how accurate these delivery dates might be? My birthday is the 8th of Oct and it would be really cool to get it on my birthday. Possible?

If it comes in congrats.

As I have been advising to others:

Tell your dealer to leave all their badging off of the car.

Tell the dealer not to attach a front license plate.

Tell the dealer to not wash it.

The last one is optional, but you washing it carefully, using a clay bar to remove all the rail dust will guarantee you have pretty immaculate paint.

Grats on the car :)

If it comes in congrats.

As I have been advising to others:

Tell your dealer to leave all their badging off of the car.

Tell the dealer not to attach a front license plate.

Tell the dealer to not wash it.

The last one is optional, but you washing it carefully, using a clay bar to remove all the rail dust will guarantee you have pretty immaculate paint.

Grats on the car :)

What is a clay bar?

¿So what was your resolution?

JB

Shortly after the hard water spots, my car was hit and run on in a parking lot while I was eating dinner. So they had to replace the front left fender, and did a so-so job all in all. They wet sanded the car to get off the water spots, and it just wasn't the same so I really didn't stay insane with it like I did when I was in full Zaino mode.

I just use like Mothers Gold and it seems to work well. I'd do your research though, and see what else is out there. Zaino is more like a paint gloss, it looks great, but it doesn't protect like a product that costs 100+ dollars to get rolling with should.

Here is my car fully Zaino'd - http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...ost&id=2530

Shortly after the hard water spots, my car was hit and run on in a parking lot while I was eating dinner. So they had to replace the front left fender, and did a so-so job all in all. They wet sanded the car to get off the water spots, and it just wasn't the same so I really didn't stay insane with it like I did when I was in full Zaino mode.

I just use like Mothers Gold and it seems to work well. I'd do your research though, and see what else is out there. Zaino is more like a paint gloss, it looks great, but it doesn't protect like a product that costs 100+ dollars to get rolling with should.

SWEET!

Now talk about mixed messages. I hear ya 'Dropping__Chronic' and I want to heed your advice. But then I click on the link to your car and ding dang, I want my car to look as good as your car.

Makes me wonder if I should Zaino my Shelby GT500 as a base and top it off with Mothers Gold. BTW, I use Mothers Gold too. Never done the Zaino, Groit thing with clay bar & speed shine before.

JB

SWEET!

Now talk about mixed messages. I hear ya 'Dropping__Chronic' and I want to heed your advice. But then I click on the link to your car and ding dang, I want my car to look as good as your car.

Makes me wonder if I should Zaino my Shelby GT500 as a base and top it off with Mothers Gold. BTW, I use Mothers Gold too. Never done the Zaino, Groit thing with clay bar & speed shine before.

JB

I think the Zaino won't work 'underneath' another wax. It's a car polish, and when applied correctly it's just sick looking. Honestly you could do Zaino just don't let it get beat on by the elements and think that it will be super protected.

Being crazy anal with Zaino you will have a really clean looking car, but you just have to stay on top of it and don't let it sit out in the rain. :)

Another neat side effect of Zaino is bugs wipe off the front of the car with barely any effort. There is some between zaino spray that will spray them right off with a wipe. If you go with Zaino, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. It doesn't take tons of the stuff to do a whole car, heed that and all the other advice you can find on application / use of the stuff.

Let me know if you want me to post more pics of my car fully Zaino'd, I have side shots etc that show off it's mirror like shine.

I really was a fan of Zaino, but that's best used for garage queen status cars. My car, with 8 coats of Zaino on it got hard water spots on it when I had to be out of town for a week or so on business. They ate right through that stuff.

My .02 cents.

Had the same thing ,your futher off using NU-Finish Or a Mothers brand for every day protection & its alot cheaper.Nu- Finished was ranked #1 in The Consumers Book a few years back.

Hey CC. Try www.zainostore.com. Zaino is amazing stuff!

I ran across a detail shop in my area about 8 yrs ago. They apply a produce on my vehicles called paint glaze. To my knowledge you cannot get this material over counter, dont know why, but I'm here to tell you all my vehicles are black and that product makes the cars look wet all the time. The reflection in awesome.

Another huge benefit to this stuff is it go's on as a liquid and drys hard as a rock. So it is a actual paint protector. You can literally wipe bugs and tar of the paint without water and soap!

If your interested I can get a phone # for you to contact him to see if anyone in your area sells this product.

He charges me about 265.00 per vehicle then 75.00 per reapp. every year! If your as crazy about your cars as I am, this is money well spent!!

Archived