TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Valence - Curb Rash

I have two spots on the lower front valence/air dam with a minor case of curb rash. Seems the owner of a certain black, '07 SGT recently just kissed the front of a concrete curb.

These spots are on the gloss-black portion of the "plastic" valence, on either side of the matte black horizontal inlet lip portion.

Is the gloss black on the valence paint...or is it the integral color of the material, but polished out? If so, can it be restored by smoothing and re-polishing? Or am I looking at a paint touch-up?

Any help or suggestions gratefully accepted.

Kevin

I have two spots on the lower front valence/air dam with a minor case of curb rash. Seems the owner of a certain black, '07 SGT recently just kissed the front of a concrete curb.

These spots are on the gloss-black portion of the "plastic" valence, on either side of the matte black horizontal inlet lip portion.

Is the gloss black on the valence paint...or is it the integral color of the material, but polished out? If so, can it be restored by smoothing and re-polishing? Or am I looking at a paint touch-up?

Any help or suggestions gratefully accepted.

Kevin

Do you have any photos?

HSURB

The white portion on the car is paint. The black portion of the car is black plastic. If you scraped the portion that is white on my car....you will need paint.

ComboCars067.jpg

Thanks, Grabber.

Yup, it is that portion of the valence that is immediately left and right of the horizontal hard, black plastic lip. They are the most forward parts of the valence.

Kinda like climbing into the ring and "leading with your nose" - same result!

Kevin

I've got a few scratches too, seem a guarantee for all of us. My first reaction was to repair it, until it happened again. Then I just shrugged and said "fu*k it, part of owning this car." Besides, no one can see it unless I'm doing a wheelie...

The white portion on the car is paint. The black portion of the car is black plastic. If you scraped the portion that is white on my car....you will need paint.

ComboCars067.jpg

Question.... What did you use to fill the holes for the front plate? I had the dealer mount the plate frame, but now regret the decision.

Thanks,

Besides, no one can see it unless I'm doing a wheelie...

Well yeah, but I want to look good under all conditions!

(Concur. It's kind of like being married now...you still love her..maybe even more..but in different ways. I'm thinking more now that I own a race car rather than a show car).

(Concur. It's kind of like being married now...you still love her..maybe even more..but in different ways. I'm thinking more now that I own a race car rather than a show car).

Yeah...LuLu did me like that. She was so precious for a while, but one day she said "drive me" and I gave her what she wanted. She won't let me hold back anymore, crazy bi*ch...

She keeps whispering to me..."blow me, blow me". I thought I was supposed to say that!

Yeah...LuLu did me like that. She was so precious for a while, but one day she said "drive me" and I gave her what she wanted. She won't let me hold back anymore, crazy bi*ch...

She keeps whispering to me..."blow me, blow me". I thought I was supposed to say that!

guess I need to rethink my relationship with the SGT. And then again, maybe not.... :hysterical:

Archived