TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What will it cost?

blkGT500nCA

You nice people suggested some prerequisite track parts, before I go to infineon. here's what I got.

-Stillen cross-drilled and slotted rotors

-New pads

-SS brake lines

-High temp brake fluid

Thanks Page.

post-20393-1217819905.jpeg

-And a Pro 5.0 shifter.

I have 3 questions.

1- I'm Getting the parts installed tomorrow. How much time should I be billed for?

2- Will the shifter effect any warranty issues w/ the clutch? (The problem everyone keeps posting about) car was built late feb '08

3- I Would appreciate the proper spelling on my builders. Is it --- TAMMY AGUIAR AND ??ONNE FOWLER?

post-20393-1217821526.jpeg

Thank you for your help.

It sounds like your preparing to do some track work on the road racing course. I live in the East Bay, about 55 minutes from Infineon. At of curiousity are you going to the track with a local club or organization. It might be something I would like to look into. I have drag raced my 07' GT500 at infineon several times now, but have always thought the road racing course would be fun to try out.

Rob

It sounds like your preparing to do some track work on the road racing course. I live in the East Bay, about 55 minutes from Infineon. At of curiousity are you going to the track with a local club or organization. It might be something I would like to look into. I have drag raced my 07' GT500 at infineon several times now, but have always thought the road racing course would be fun to try out.

Rob

I'm taking an 8 hour corse on aug 11th. They call it an aggressive driving class. It's put on by the Jim Russell driving school. I found them through infineon's web page. The day is broken up between a couple hours in the classroom then out on the track w/ an instructor. They work on braking techniques, understeer and oversteer and the difference between the two, and much more. It should be very informative. And I can drive my shelby at high speeds for extended periods of time. FUN FUN FUN. And NO TICKETS. <----

I'm taking an 8 hour corse on aug 11th. They call it an aggressive driving class. It's put on by the Jim Russell driving school. I found them through infineon's web page. The day is broken up between a couple hours in the classroom then out on the track w/ an instructor. They work on braking techniques, understeer and oversteer and the difference between the two, and much more. It should be very informative. And I can drive my shelby at high speeds for extended periods of time. FUN FUN FUN. And NO TICKETS. <----

Sounds great, how much does it cost and is it to late to sign up?

I guess 4 questions.

4- what is the proper break-in procedure for the brakes?

Our break-in guidelines :)

1. Lightly brake from 45 MPH down to 25 MPH five times in succession. Do not attempt any high-speed stops down to zero at this point.

2. Increase the braking effort (like stopping in traffic) for another 5 times, again avoiding full stops.

3. Increase speed to 55-60 MPH. Brake to 35 MPH five more times using heavier braking than normal, but not so heavy as to engage the ABS.

4. You may now notice the smell of hot brake pads (off-gassing) and the pedal becoming a bit soft or mushy (green pad fade), which is normal. If no fade yet, repeat step #3 again.

5. Drive the next ½ to 1 mile using no brakes. If safety concerns require using the brakes, apply them as gently as possible and attempt to keep from completely stopping.

6. Allow the brake system to completely cool upon return.

7. After cool-down, the brakes will be 70-80% bedded (100% is usually achieved by 500 miles).

Deviating from this procedure can lead to reduced stopping power or permanently damaged friction surfaces!

Thanks page.

Class is $995

I'm not sure if there are openings.

Call glen @ Jim Russell driving school. 1-800-733-0345 I know he said there were multiple dates open, but the class is limited to apx 12 students. Due to being paired up w/ instructors i believe.

You nice people suggested some prerequisite track parts, before I go to infineon. here's what I got.

-Stillen cross-drilled and slotted rotors

-New pads

-SS brake lines

-High temp brake fluid

Thanks Page.

-And a Pro 5.0 shifter.

I have 3 questions.

1- I'm Getting the parts installed tomorrow. How much time should I be billed for?

2- Will the shifter effect any warranty issues w/ the clutch? (The problem everyone keeps posting about) car was built late feb '08

3- I Would appreciate the proper spelling on my builders. Is it --- TAMMY AGUIAR AND ??ONNE FOWLER?

Thank you for your help.

Funny - I have the exact same two engine builders for my car. I believe you got the first name correct....I think the second name is Ivonne....I agree, it is hard to read at the angle it's at.

I can only respond to the shifter question. All the answers are in this thread that I made on my shifter install.

I went with the FRPP one and love it. It's standard in all the KR's too. It's a Ford part and will not mess with your warranty either. Here's my thread on it:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=25334&hl

I have a question. I have been told never to use drilled rotors on road courses.

Better cooling with the drilled rotors. I've got the Stillen ones on my car all the way around. Noticeable difference in the brakes when on the track. On the street, you'll never notice the difference (I don't at least).

Brake job: I just finished mine this morning installing the same parts.

Shifter: Going to pick my FRPP shifter later today as I just got the call it's arrived. I've got the clutch problem going on, so I'm trying to talk the dealership into installing the shifter for me when they fix that. If not, I'll do it myself.

Thanks page.

Class is $995

I'm not sure if there are openings.

Call glen @ Jim Russell driving school. 1-800-733-0345 I know he said there were multiple dates open, but the class is limited to apx 12 students. Due to being paired up w/ instructors i believe.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

So it was $480. out the door for my install.

1hour 20 min on the short shifter.

5hours 40 mins for the brakes. .........does that seem like a long time to change out brake rotors and pads?

What ever the shifter feels awesome. I'll never miss 3rd again.

I wish that when they washed it that they would have dried the chrome!!

oh well, i could complain about anything.

brian

post-20393-1218080463.jpeg

post-20393-1218080541.jpeg

post-20393-1218080463.jpeg

post-20393-1218080541.jpeg

Archived