TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For SALE: '08 motor, tranny,etc

DocBlack

Yes, the unthinkable happened. Thanks to a few deer and those damn HID low beam headlights (am I the only one who hates those things?), this week my flipped car will be dropped in my yard. I bought back the salvage as mostly external body damage, although plenty of it. The motor, tranny, driveline, rearend, interior, wheels, tires, navigation, etc. are surely worth $11K.

I have already bought an identical car and my plan is to take OFF the KB stage 3 that I just put on the wrecked car and swap it to the new one so I'll be right back where I was but with stock motor, etc to sell, and few spare parts if I need them.

Just putting out feelers here. Where, besides here and ebay, are good places to market, or get market values? How much should I ask? I found the motor brand new for $14999. but even with only 3500 miles, I have to sell as used. That's right, I was gettin ready first oil change.

What about trany, etc.?

Any suggestions whould be appreciated.

Please do not send flowers...as beautiful but as fleeting as the fumes from my LTH uncatted Bassani exhaust. A memorial fund will be set up in the car's name and you can make donations if you wish.

Thanks

Yes, the unthinkable happened. Thanks to a few deer and those damn HID low beam headlights (am I the only one who hates those things?), this week my flipped car will be dropped in my yard. I bought back the salvage as mostly external body damage, although plenty of it. The motor, tranny, driveline, rearend, interior, wheels, tires, navigation, etc. are surely worth $11K.

I have already bought an identical car and my plan is to take OFF the KB stage 3 that I just put on the wrecked car and swap it to the new one so I'll be right back where I was but with stock motor, etc to sell, and few spare parts if I need them.

Just putting out feelers here. Where, besides here and ebay, are good places to market, or get market values? How much should I ask? I found the motor brand new for $14999. but even with only 3500 miles, I have to sell as used. That's right, I was gettin ready first oil change.

What about trany, etc.?

Any suggestions whould be appreciated.

Please do not send flowers...as beautiful but as fleeting as the fumes from my LTH uncatted Bassani exhaust. A memorial fund will be set up in the car's name and you can make donations if you wish.

Thanks

Holy crap....sorry to hear about this, at least you got another one :( I have no idea on the parts, other than ebay? If you decide to sell the navigation, please let me know, I have been trying to procure an OEM nav on ebay for some time with no luck.

Actually the navigation is goin in the new car, which has the Shaker.

As for pics, no the car is still at the wreckin yard....should have it in a few days...start cleanin it up and get some pics and more info to you guys.

BTW, anybody know how to reset the fuel pump/ momentum kill switch?

Actually the navigation is goin in the new car, which has the Shaker.

As for pics, no the car is still at the wreckin yard....should have it in a few days...start cleanin it up and get some pics and more info to you guys.

BTW, anybody know how to reset the fuel pump/ momentum kill switch?

I think its behind the passenger side kickpanel on the new cars, it should be a red button that is popped up, just push it down.

Archived