TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interesting conversation with dealer/regional rep

jcthorne

Just had a very good conversation with my dealer General Manager and the Regional rep. The VERY good news is that my Shelby will be scheduled this thurs for next available production date, (some time early October) and the VIN will be assigned then as well.

There was one catch. The Shaker 1000 had to go or the order would hold til next year. They could not answer if this was due to the existing hold on verts for Shaker 1000 or a completely seperate issue with supply of Shaker 1000 units. Either way, they confirmed that if I would drop the 1000, my car can be scheduled this Thurs.

I might actually have a car by turkey day......

Just had a very good conversation with my dealer General Manager and the Regional rep. The VERY good news is that my Shelby will be scheduled this thurs for next available production date, (some time early October) and the VIN will be assigned then as well.

There was one catch. The Shaker 1000 had to go or the order would hold til next year. They could not answer if this was due to the existing hold on verts for Shaker 1000 or a completely seperate issue with supply of Shaker 1000 units. Either way, they confirmed that if I would drop the 1000, my car can be scheduled this Thurs.

I just ordered my car last night & I inquired about the same thing & was told it's ok to order the Shaker 1000 for either or? :doh:

I have asked "insiders" at Ford and they insist there has never been an issue with this. There IS, however, an issue with some of the stereos and nav units. Your dealer has a service paper on this in case you ever have an issue. It is very isolated.

bj

I'm removing the shaker 1000 out of my shelby. Trust me, it is not worth the wait (and weight). When I pulled the speakers I found that the are the same cheap speakers used with the standard Ford (Visteon) systems.

Archived