TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ITS HERE!!

StangFinally

Well the wait is almost over... delivered to the dealer and will be PDI'd in the morning... then?? what does the weather look like for tomorrow??? Already taken the morning off work ;-D

Black with Tungsten stripes, basic Coupe.... MSRP pricing..... #3 on the list back 2 years ago, ordered March and released to build May 4th... built Aug 9th, released to ship Aug 22nd, (per Ralph) caught for the clutch inspection, inspected Sept 8th by Ralph and released to ship Sept 11th... FINALLY HERE!!! bad news, stuck at work and the car is 1.5hrs away!! will visit tonight though.... perfect timing... my 17yr old daughters birthday!!..

Bert

Well the wait is almost over... delivered to the dealer and will be PDI'd in the morning... then?? what does the weather look like for tomorrow??? Already taken the morning off work ;-D

Black with Tungsten stripes, basic Coupe.... MSRP pricing..... #3 on the list back 2 years ago, ordered March and released to build May 4th... built Aug 9th, released to ship Aug 22nd, (per Ralph) caught for the clutch inspection, inspected Sept 8th by Ralph and released to ship Sept 11th... FINALLY HERE!!! bad news, stuck at work and the car is 1.5hrs away!! will visit tonight though.... perfect timing... my 17yr old daughters birthday!!..

Bert

Congrats ....on getting your ride ....same color and stripps as mine ......where in Canada are you I'm in Alberta ....waiting on mine ...ETA was this week , still waiting for the call....again congrats that yours has arrived.....drive ...drive before the snow comes....

Congrats ....on getting your ride ....same color and stripps as mine ......where in Canada are you I'm in Alberta ....waiting on mine ...ETA was this week , still waiting for the call....again congrats that yours has arrived.....drive ...drive before the snow comes....

Thanks for the well wishes... I'm in Ontario. Maybe we will all get together at a reunion in MI!! At least for the 2006-1/2 cars!

Hope you get word on yours soon.... if it helps, Ralph was absolutely excellent to talk with and helped me deal with the delays.....

Bert

Congrats Bert! Take your time and check every thing over. Make sure to check the front valance to make sure it did not get scraped . Enjoy your new ride!

Hey Pony... thanks for the well wishes and the heads up...I have already checked the front spoiler... perfect... in fact, I can't find anything I don't like about it... Even the taped stripes look great, a concern from some the posts lately... Very happy it arrived with only 16km on the clock... PDI in the morning so I will again make sure all is just like I want it....

Thanks again.

Hey Pony... thanks for the well wishes and the heads up...I have already checked the front spoiler... perfect... in fact, I can't find anything I don't like about it... Even the taped stripes look great, a concern from some the posts lately... Very happy it arrived with only 16km on the clock... PDI in the morning so I will again make sure all is just like I want it....

Thanks again.

16k? Man you're lucky, mine had 39 ;)

Congrats' Bert. We probably have more Shelbys here in Ontario than any other Province or State!

Canada revolves around Ontario. Doesn't it, Alberta, Manitoba? LOL!! What would I know I'm a Quebecer by birth!

Yes, I believe we definitely have enough for a Reunion. Lets wait for a few more though, shall we? Mustang Joe, SVTPower, Requis, Shelby001, etc.....!

Stangfinally Congrat`s -- Post us your thoughts after you get some km`s on her.

AWESOME!!! Highly recommend that everyone participate in the dealer PDI! I was able to retain all the paperwork, stickers etc and was able to dictate how I wanted the car delivered. I'm my case, I had them leave all the interior protective coverings in place. The PDI drive was great! What an experience when the blower kicked in!!! OH BABY!! The fit, finish and even the stripes are terrific! I could not be any happier. For a factory paint job, this car is great... not mirror finish but virtually no orange peel. Part of the PDI is inspection under the car... never would get a chance like that again..... great to inspect everything and get a few pictures. As a grey beard, I am used to mechanical throtle response, does take a bit to get used to the drive by wire...but man, responsive is an understatement. Haven't really gotten into it yet, but the couple times she has broken loose has not shown any wheel hope. The clutch feels really good and after the first couple times, no chatter. Was great talking with the PDI Tech.... he was constantly comparing the 500 vs the GT. He specifically highlighted a clunk that he said is in every GT when you quickly release the gas??? I guess quite a few customers have complained about it? I will try to add a few pictures..

here are as delivered

post-6785-1158811531_thumb.jpg

Stangfinally Congrat`s -- Post us your thoughts after you get some km`s on her.

AWESOME!!! Highly recommend that everyone participate in the dealer PDI! I was able to retain all the paperwork, stickers etc and was able to dictate how I wanted the car delivered. I'm my case, I had them leave all the interior protective coverings in place. The PDI drive was great! What an experience when the blower kicked in!!! OH BABY!! The fit, finish and even the stripes are terrific! I could not be any happier. For a factory paint job, this car is great... not mirror finish but virtually no orange peel. Part of the PDI is inspection under the car... never would get a chance like that again..... great to inspect everything and get a few pictures. As a grey beard, I am used to mechanical throtle response, does take a bit to get used to the drive by wire...but man, responsive is an understatement. Haven't really gotten into it yet, but the couple times she has broken loose has not shown any wheel hope. The clutch feels really good and after the first couple times, no chatter. Was great talking with the PDI Tech.... he was constantly comparing the 500 vs the GT. He specifically highlighted a clunk that he said is in every GT when you quickly release the gas??? I guess quite a few customers have complained about it? I will try to add a few pictures..

here are as delivered, during PDI (on hoist) and delivery

post-6785-1158811395_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811492_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811563_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811625_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811759_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811901_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811395_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811492_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811563_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811625_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811759_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158811901_thumb.jpg

Bert

Congrats Bert, drive fast but drive safe.

Good Luck,

svtkeith

nice car stangfinally...... what dealership ?

:rant:

That's my car!! DAmn you!!........just kidding, congrats!!! A meet is a great idea............hopefully before the snow drops/or when mine comes................same thing anyways :))

nice car stangfinally...... what dealership ?

Parkway.............the sign is showing in one of the photos

Archived