TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sooner or later, it was bound to happen...

2007_Shelby_GT

I've had the SGT for over a year. Approaching nearly 12K miles. Always careful where I park, watching out for the loonies, hand washing and waxing with great pride. And then, it happened, in, of all places, my OWN garage! And by the hands of my OWN family!

DOOR DINGS!! WAAAAAHHHHHHH! :banghead:

Of course they are right on the crease of the body, (the one that surrounds the wheel well, around the flat area), and will be next to impossible to repair without a trip to a good body shop!!

I should consider myself fortunate that no paint was chipped, but still...AAAAAARRGGGGGGHHHH!

Anybody want a good spouse and matching kids?

Sam

AKA:

Yea, try a paint less dent removal place. I had a dent in my old Avalanche that was right on a crease. It was a doosie of a ding but didn't break the paint. I took it to a paint less dent place and they got the whole thing out for around $120. It was amazing.

Sorry for your ding. At least it was by your own family so you didn't have to terminate someone.

A "Good" wife would have never went in the garage. Steve

There, fixed it for you.

I got a sand grain sized chip in the windshield my 1st week of ownership. I heard something hit the windshield and i knew it left a mark. Guess it's a "Battle wound".

I've had the SGT for over a year. Approaching nearly 12K miles. Always careful where I park, watching out for the loonies, hand washing and waxing with great pride. And then, it happened, in, of all places, my OWN garage! And by the hands of my OWN family!

Of course they are right on the crease of the body, (the one that surrounds the wheel well, around the flat area), and will be next to impossible to repair without a trip to a good body shop!!

I should consider myself fortunate that no paint was chipped, but still...AAAAAARRGGGGGGHHHH!

Sam

AKA:

sam

i share your pain ... like most on the list I am real careful ..... and the only damage to my shelby has been self inflicted . Two door dings for me getting to far over in the garage and hitting wall with the door and the other is driving up to far on my car hauler and hitting my diamond plate tool box that sits on the front of the trailer ... put two nice little dings in the front bumper that our body shop fixed up for me for free

My wife wouldn't drive the Shelby until it got it's first ding.... and I was the knucklehead who did it about a day later...

frank

so true ... it really seems we are so careful with our cars and the first inflicted wound is from our own negilence!

Sam

AKA:

You should be getting about anything you want in bedroom for a good month or so after that. :drool::drool:

HSURB

Archived