TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT, a SHELBY FOREVER!

sudden

Every time I go in to my garage for something, I can't help but stop, look, and say "Dang" at my SGT if it is uncovered. I have owned my black SGT 2940 for 8 months now and the feelings are getting worse instead of subsiding. The more I drive it, the more I love it, if that's possible.

I have been to several Cruise nights, show & shines, a 4th of July parade and a weekend overnight Cruise. I am entered in the MCA Grand National show in Park City, UT over Labor Day, too. I know I won't win anything but it is great opportunity to meet other Mustang and Shelby people. I admit I love the attention my SGT gets where ever I go.

Last Saturday was no exception. I went to my bank, located in a grocery store. As I was heading to end of the row for the last stall, I passed a dad and his two boys, maybe 6-8 years old, putting their groceries in the back of their truck. I had my windows down as I love to savor that Shelby sound. I heard one boy say "Look Dad, a race car!" The boys were up in the bed of the truck and watched me park and walk towards them on my way inside. I could see they were dying to say something to me but were too shy. I asked them if they liked my car and I told them how much fun it is. Dad apologized for his boys staring and then thanked me for making their day. I told him stares and questions come with the car. They're just not listed on the sticker when you buy the car.

When I came out there was a 60ish man leaning on the tailgate of an old Chevy truck pulled ahead two stalls before me. He was just scratching his chin and staring at my car. The next closest car was probably 10 stalls away. When got closer I pushed my remote to unlock the doors. He looked over at me and said "Damn fine looking car. I am at a loss to say more". He walked away looking back as I started up an pulled out.

Most people ask me right off if it is a Mustang GT with stripes, as there are several black and silver ones around here. Being a sort of rare breed, most have never heard of or seen an SGT before. I always explain, politely, about the SGT. If you take the time to read the history of Mr. Shelby and his cars, you'll be even more proud that he created the SGT for us to enjoy. The name on the dash and trunk lid say it all. My car is a Shelby, always was and always will be. Thank you Mr. Shelby. Enough said.

Erik

Utah

O7SGT2940

billet Shelby filler cap set

billet Shelby battery holder

billet Shelby fuse box cover

billet Shelby hood lift struts and bolt kit

billet Shelby under hood bolt kit

billet Shelby pedal covers

Shelby sill trim kit

Shelby map light trim set

Shelby faux gas cap Cobra cover

Today I was washing my SGT and thought, Damm what a nice car.

Yesterday I was washing and waxing my black SGT and was thinking damn, what a nice car.

Then the hot TX wind blew and all the dirt and dust that goes with it and I had to start all over again. *sigh*

So then I ran up to a peach farm about 20 minutes from the house (Hamm's Orchard) that serves homemade peach and strawberry ice cream, fudge and a variety of other things you can't buy in the store. Driving through the country the bugs coated the front like Spackle. Once I got home I had to start all over again, again. *sigh*

:hysterical:

Well the GT 500 has a unique claim to fame. It's a Shelby and an SVT. What other car can say that?

Ok back to the love fest. My car is in the shop getting the door fixed. As I mentioned in another thread, I dinged the door right after I got back from Iraq. Cost $482 to fix. My deductable is $500. Go figure :rolleyes:

One thing that is a drawback to my love for this car is the associated fear that someone will hit it, scratch it, remove the the PBF badges or plaques. etc.

I took pictures of it this morning so I could prove if something was removed/damaged while in their custody. Removed the floormats too. Now that's paranoid.

Yesterday I was washing and waxing my black SGT and was thinking damn, what a nice car.

Then the hot TX wind blew and all the dirt and dust that goes with it and I had to start all over again. *sigh*

So then I ran up to a peach farm about 20 minutes from the house (Hamm's Orchard) that serves homemade peach and strawberry ice cream, fudge and a variety of other things you can't buy in the store. Driving through the country the bugs coated the front like Spackle. Once I got home I had to start all over again, again. *sigh*

:hysterical:

Haha, the exact thing happened to me this weekend as well, although not in Texas, and no ice cream or fudge. Dust and bugs though, check. Also, I was washing it up as my hometown had a centennial celebration on the weekend and I wanted to show off, naturally, lol. There were lots of newer stangs in town mind you, which was the main reason I wanted to go cruising. Anyways, as I was washing away, 2 guys pulled up in a stage one Roush and chatted me up. Good guys, loved the car, and I was just as impressed with his, I had never seen a roush up close, they do pretty nice work. Even though it was only a stage one and the guy assured me that he was getting it done up to stage 2 in a few days, still a nice car. Don't like the shifter though, personally. It's really amazing what people can do with these cars to personalize them, there were no less than 6 07s in town that day and none of them really even resembled each other.

December 2007

My wife and I were out on a drive one saturday afternoon and on a whim I decided to pull into the ford dealer. I immedialty spotted the four Shelby gt's two white, two black sitting on the lot. I had heard the storys of the X,$$$ of dollar mark ups on the cars and figured I had little to no chance of getting one. Since I was allready there I decided to take a shot, I spoke to the salesman who was (for once) straight with me and said they definetly were looking to move them. I left him my number and the following friday I got one of the best phone calls of my life. thanks to the x-plan, ford incetives and a nice rebate from the dealer I was on my way to owning my baby 07SGT#5243.

December 26th

After a lot of frantic phone calls on the 24th, the wheels were set in motion for me to pick up my Shelby on the 26th, Merry Christmas to me!!

After all the paper work and the hand shakes the deal was done. I was handed the keys and I exited the showroom doors out into the parking lot. There sat my Shelby Gt.

I took out my camera and snapped pictures, I walked around her again and again taking in every detail, I think it took me about 10 minutes just to open the door. I sat down in the seat and closed the door ever so carefully as I didn't want to "disturb" the car. I ran my hand over the dash plaque, like someone reading brail for the first time.

Then it hit me, this is MY Shelby. I adjusted the rear veiw mirror and noticed that I had tear in my eye.

I shook my head and remember thinking to myself "pull it together stupid, it's just a car."

No it's not just a car, it's a Shelby and she's mine.

I put the key in the ignition and turned her over, the rumble of the exaust made the dumb grin on my face even wider. I put her in drive and the two of us headed home. (I think my wife is gonna be jealous)

August 2nd 2008

Almost 8 months later, Every time I get in the drivers seat, no mater whats going on in my life I turn that key and the dumb grin comes right back to may face. When I park her and walk away, I allways look back over my shoulder and just shake my head and think, that really is my Shelby.

I also bought my black SGT 2940 for Christmas. I was in the market for a new Mustang GT. I'll confess I wanted to turn the GT into a Shelby clone. The Ford dealer were I found the GT that would work for me also sells Roush, Saleen and Shelby. Working at a ski resort in the winter means I have to do a lot of shopping on line because of how busy we are. Over the phone he said he had a new black SGT automatic that was on his lot too long. I figured this was part of his sales pitch. His price for the Shelby was a little more than the decked out GT I was planning to create. I closed my office early and headed the 40 miles down the mountain in a snow storm. Sounds corny but true.

They had the car pulled out of the line, ready to take a test drive when I got there. The Christmas traffic and the snowstorm made for total grid lock around the Ford showroom. The salesman kept insisting on a test drive but all I needed was the paperwork and a pen. It was a done deal in my mind as soon as I pulled on to his lot and saw the car. After a few signatures on December 15, 2007, my life changed forever!

I went home on cloud nine and told my wife I found a car I liked. I tried to play it cool but I could hardly eat dinner. I took her back to the dealer just to "look at it". All of the Saleens, Roushs, and their own private lable Mustangs were lined up out front. My Shelby was in the stall next to the door where they left it. Before we even parked my truck, she looked over the lot and said "You bought that black one, didn't you??!!" Talk about women's ESP.

I'm like you. After 8 months, I too still get "that grin" everytime I start her up. It gets worse when I step on it to pass somebody on the freeway. I am always looking back in parking lots. I am man enough to admit to a tear or two now and again. Even in our 100+ temps, I like to drive with the windows down so I can hear the exhaust sounds better. No matter how bad of a day or week I might have at work, I know there is a Shelby to drive when I get home. This always makes everything else bearable.

Erik

Utah

07SGT2940

I also bought my black SGT 2940 for Christmas. I was in the market for a new Mustang GT. I'll confess I wanted to turn the GT into a Shelby clone. The Ford dealer were I found the GT that would work for me also sells Roush, Saleen and Shelby. Working at a ski resort in the winter means I have to do a lot of shopping on line because of how busy we are. Over the phone he said he had a new black SGT automatic that was on his lot too long. I figured this was part of his sales pitch. His price for the Shelby was a little more than the decked out GT I was planning to create. I closed my office early and headed the 40 miles down the mountain in a snow storm. Sounds corny but true.

They had the car pulled out of the line, ready to take a test drive when I got there. The Christmas traffic and the snowstorm made for total grid lock around the Ford showroom. The salesman kept insisting on a test drive but all I needed was the paperwork and a pen. It was a done deal in my mind as soon as I pulled on to his lot and saw the car. After a few signatures on December 15, 2007, my life changed forever!

I went home on cloud nine and told my wife I found a car I liked. I tried to play it cool but I could hardly eat dinner. I took her back to the dealer just to "look at it". All of the Saleens, Roushs, and their own private lable Mustangs were lined up out front. My Shelby was in the stall next to the door where they left it. Before we even parked my truck, she looked over the lot and said "You bought that black one, didn't you??!!" Talk about women's ESP.

I'm like you. After 8 months, I too still get "that grin" everytime I start her up. It gets worse when I step on it to pass somebody on the freeway. I am always looking back in parking lots. I am man enough to admit to a tear or two now and again. Even in our 100+ temps, I like to drive with the windows down so I can hear the exhaust sounds better. No matter how bad of a day or week I might have at work, I know there is a Shelby to drive when I get home. This always makes everything else bearable.

Erik

Utah

07SGT2940

Well said my friend, well said.

Archived