TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT, a SHELBY FOREVER!

sudden

Today I was washing my SGT and thought, Damm what a nice car. Many people say its not the fastest or the baddest, but the SGT is a work of art. No matter what people say that is negative about it, even SVt owners , it is a Shelby and will be forever even after we are gone. Looking at it I know it will be around much longer then I and I wonder when I go horizontal who will have it or what will become of it. That is the first time I have ever had a car in which I wondered about that subject . The SGT is a haunting car, the longer you have it the more it becomes you. It is really wierd to think about that. I think it is because it is a Shelby, not an SVT, Saleen, or Roush. I guess it is because there is a little Carroll Dna in that particular car. I do not care if they are not selling that well and the economy is going to hell in a bucket, it is a SHELBY and will have a life of its own long after this crap blows over. I kind of feel like a care taker more then an owner of this particular car. Kind of like a Christine kind of thing. Maybe I am just going crazy but I dont know. The CSM number means it will always be a Shelby forever no matter how much the nay sayers turn their heads. Maybe they do not know what I or we feel about the SGT. I say thanks, CS and SAI, we are the lucky ones to be the new care takers. SUDDEN.

Today I was washing my SGT and thought, Damm what a nice car. Many people say its not the fastest or the baddest, but the SGT is a work of art. No matter what people say that is negative about it, even SVt owners , it is a Shelby and will be forever even after we are gone. Looking at it I know it will be around much longer then I and I wonder when I go horizontal who will have it or what will become of it. That is the first time I have ever had a car in which I wondered about that subject . The SGT is a haunting car, the longer you have it the more it becomes you. It is really wierd to think about that. I think it is because it is a Shelby, not an SVT, Saleen, or Roush. I guess it is because there is a little Carroll Dna in that particular car. I do not care if they are not selling that well and the economy is going to hell in a bucket, it is a SHELBY and will have a life of its own long after this crap blows over. I kind of feel like a care taker more then an owner of this particular car. Kind of like a Christine kind of thing. Maybe I am just going crazy but I dont know. The CSM number means it will always be a Shelby forever no matter how much the nay sayers turn their heads. Maybe they do not know what I or we feel about the SGT. I say thanks, CS and SAI, we are the lucky ones to be the new care takers. SUDDEN.

I hear ya. I feel the same way. It's funny how every time someone tells me or I hear behind my back that someone said my car is a clone, I don't feel I have to defend it. I just go "oh well, I know better." It doesn't even bother me anymore. The car justifies itself to me as it sits there, almost like it's telling me to not worry about it. It's our little secret then, it tells me. hehe. Now I'm sounding crazy...

Am I the only one that speaks telepathically to their sgt? There's gotta be more, lol

I hear ya. I feel the same way. It's funny how every time someone tells me or I hear behind my back that someone said my car is a clone, I don't feel I have to defend it. I just go "oh well, I know better." It doesn't even bother me anymore. The car justifies itself to me as it sits there, almost like it's telling me to not worry about it. It's our little secret then, it tells me. hehe. Now I'm sounding crazy...

Am I the only one that speaks telepathically to their sgt? There's gotta be more, lol

Best looking Mustang ever built! I've had mine for 1-1/2 years and I still look at it and shake my head and say AWESOME!

I have had my car for about 9 months now. I still get comments about how nice this car is. I have been to several car shows and always get great comments. The ones I enjoy are the smaller kids (usually boys) that think it is a "Hot Wheels".

I have on occasion let a few of those kids sit in the car and let the parents get pictures. Face it guys...thoses kids are the future Shelby owners that will keep our dream alive.

There you have it Sudden, to answer your question, who will have your car in the future...just look into the faces with the big smiles while they sit in your car and you can see the future.

The ones I enjoy are the smaller kids (usually boys) that think it is a "Hot Wheels".

Hehe, I remember at my uncles birthday a while back, my cousins kids (about 8 and 5 yrs old) were sitting in the van ready to leave and my cousin comes up to me to say goodbye and then she says, "I'd better get the kids out of here, they're waiting out in the van for your car to transform into a robot, they're positive it's a transformer." Boy did I chuckle...

Two week ago I was at the track it was Porsche day. Lots of very expenses cars. When the day was done and I was heading home I stop in Willows for gas and the station was full of the Porsches filling up. So there I was with all these expense car and guess witch car the people in the station came over to talk about and take picture of? Yes my SGT.

I've said it before, it's under my avatar, and I'll say it again....

"There's nothing like a Shelby."

Some of you may consider that comment to be a Cliché, but with all of the positive comments and experiences that I have had with my two cars since I got them, to me it's much more than another Cliché. I don't define who I am with what I own, but when I'm down and burdened with all of the negitive things that are going on both in my personal life and the world around me right now, I end up feeling allot better about things after I spend a little time with the cars. Hell, just making the friends and contacts that I have made here at TS was worth the price of admission to me!

Oh, with respect to young children? I can't tell you how many of them have looked and pointed at my SS and said "BUMBLE BEE, BUMBLE BEE!"

No Sudden, your not crazy or alone with your thoughts and feelings about these cars, at least not from my perspective anyway.

Earlier this year I was wanting to buy my first new "toy". I was seriously thinking of getting an HD Rocker-C or an American Ironhorse chopper. One evening, my son and I were driving by our local Ford dealer and he wanted to stop to look at the mustangs. We were walking up to the row of mustangs and at the end were two cars that looked well....different. They were two '07 SGTs, one black and the other white. My son said right then that he really loved the black one and begged me to consider this car instead of a new motorcycle. So I went back to the dealership then next week and bought the car. My son wasn't with me but was on his way to the dealership with my dad. When he got there, i told him that both cars were already sold. He was so bummed out until the salesman drove the black SGT to the delivery bay and handed him the keys. I've never seen a 10 year old boy's face light up so bright. Since buying the SGT, my son has started collecting his own SHELBY stable, the 1:18 scale cars. He's also hoping in 6 years that i'll let him take the car for a spin! We'll just have to see.........

......It's funny how every time someone tells me or I hear behind my back that someone said my car is a clone.......

I can't believe you SGT owners actually have to put up with comments like that from people on the outside. I never heard anything negative about my GT-500 in person.....just from a few people on the forums. <_<

I guess when you start thinking about a cars future without you, it really touched you. All i know is, whoever ends up with my car will get a very WORN car.

Enjoy it while you can boys !!

All i know is, whoever ends up with my car will get a very WORN car.

QFT

People keep asking me why I drive my SGT so much, and I always reply "if I didn't, I may as well have just thrown 33 grand in a box and put in on a shelf in the garage, because that's what it would amount to." If I ever give up the Shelby, like you said, someone is ending up with 6 digits on the odometer.... hehehe

As for as people calling it a clone, I can pretty much blame that on the fact that I imported my car into Canada, where absolutely no marketing was done as it was not available through retail up here. No one has really ever heard of an SGT, just the gt500s. I did actually look into a 500, but for the extra 30k sticker, which was the absolute cheapest I could find one up here, it just didn't seem worth it, and frankly I prefer the look of the SGT more. Of course that's just me, and don't get me wrong, the 500s are gorgeous, I just love my SGT styling and price point. I'm planning to hopefully bring my baby back to it's birthplace in the next 3 years sometime to have a supercharger installed at SAI. If they'll have me of course. =)

I would love to tour the plant and museum.

I hear ya. I feel the same way. It's funny how every time someone tells me or I hear behind my back that someone said my car is a clone,

I had a body shop tell me mine wasn't real because the hood scoop was bolted on. I pointed out the "fake" CSM tags, told him he was an idiot and drove off. What was bad is he informed me I had a fake Shelby while I was getting a bid on some work! Not a smart guy....

I had a vendor named Bob while visiting my office and doing PR for his company ask me if I still had my Mustang in a general chit-chat conversation.

I said, "You mean my Shelby? Yeah I still have it."

He said "It's a real Shelby? I thought it was just some stripes put on from the dealership."

The manager in the office across from me said "Bob comes in here and insults your car and then wants you to do business with him?" Bob just stood there red faced while we all had a good laugh. He is now educated.

Sudden,

I have to agree that the wow factor does not subside. I have only spent a couple weeks with my car when I was on my R&R leave. It seems like a distant dream now but I can feel I am getting closer to coming home. I can't wait until my tour from Iraq is over so I can enjoy the Shelby GT once again. I like to look at the pictures my wife and I have taken. When I was at home I kept opening the door to the garage just to take a peek. I am an enthusiast of all Mustangs and vehicles of many types but yes the Shelby GT, is a beautiful car. I have no idea if it will be a daily driver for me or a Sunday driver/garage queen but it is very special and I feel very lucky (still in shock of the dream come true).

Erich

QFT

People keep asking me why I drive my SGT so much, and I always reply "if I didn't, I may as well have just thrown 33 grand in a box and put in on a shelf in the garage, because that's what it would amount to.

I 100% agree in which is another reason I decided to make my SGT a DD....I bought it might of as well play with my toy...as has been said, I work in an emergency room and when I hear the stories of some people saying I wish I had done this or that but its too late it makes me wonder....hmmmm it could be me on that bed and I do not want to say" I wish I would've driven my SHELBY more often"....life is short, anything can happen at anytime....drive it and enjoy it,I believe these Shelby vehicles becomes collector's item only when people see them in motion for they are amazing in looks and handling and the WOW factor of history to be....

If I ever heard a "clone" comment, I think I would feel sorry for the guy who said it for being so ignorant!

The Shelby GT has an attraction that's very hard to explain; I'm not sure what it is. Maybe its related to the fact that while was traveling to Boise the last three days, I really missed my Shelby GT!

I think its like part of my family now!

I totally agree. They recreated a vintage Shelby in todays new Mustang. I bought mine 8 months ago which was below sticker, now I see the LOW prices ($25k-30k) some of the cars are getting. Those buying them at those prices are getting a great deal!

What a fun, eye catching car! Love it!

I took it to Mustang Week-found out the Shelby owners are great people too!

To me- there is just something "special" about a Shelby.

To me- there is just something "special" about a Shelby.

I think I know what it is too. When I used to own a Thunderbird SC (just sold my old baby, sniff) I used to get other guys in Tbirds waving at me, like we're in the Tbird club. When I'm driving my YZ250, I get other bikers giving me dirtbike waves. When I drive my Shelby, freakin EVERYONE waves at me. People I know, people I don't know, people I hate, dogs, lamp posts, everyone and everything is waving at me and a rainbow comes out of the sky ushering away the clouds, leprechauns dance on benches, the road turns to solid gold, there's chocolate waterfalls into chocolate rivers with chocolate irrigation pivots sprinkling fields of plump red strawberrys, and then all of a sudden everything goes away and I remember that I'm sitting at my desk typing a message onto the forums, and would MUCH rather be driving my car around. Even if it doesn't quite turn out like that when I go for a drive. The waving part is true at least. lol

OK, just 10 minutes, I gotta go for a rip now...

:shift:

I know what you all mean. Mines been sitting in the shop for 3 weeks getting the SC put on. Man I miss it. I like to go to the shop and sit in the front seat and make vroom vroom noises and pretend I'm driving it again. Come on shop guys I'm Jones for a drive in my nice Shelby.

All the folks at work keep asking me where's my SGT. Even people I didn't even know knew I had a Shelby ask me where it is. Now that's a special car when some 60 year old lady is asking me how come I don't drive my car to work anymore because she misses looking at it. It's the only car I've ever owned that had that kind of affect on people.

exactly how i feel, i wanted a mustang that i could keep to pass down to keep the heritage and nothing like a SHELBY to pass down the mystique is enough said. this car gets many looks on the interstate and just riding around town. man it feels awesome to own one and i thank God that i was fortunate to find one when i did at a price tag i could afford. i don't have the money a lot of you guys on here do but i am one thankful guy just to be a part of this heritage.

December 2007

My wife and I were out on a drive one saturday afternoon and on a whim I decided to pull into the ford dealer. I immedialty spotted the four Shelby gt's two white, two black sitting on the lot. I had heard the storys of the X,$$$ of dollar mark ups on the cars and figured I had little to no chance of getting one. Since I was allready there I decided to take a shot, I spoke to the salesman who was (for once) straight with me and said they definetly were looking to move them. I left him my number and the following friday I got one of the best phone calls of my life. thanks to the x-plan, ford incetives and a nice rebate from the dealer I was on my way to owning my baby 07SGT#5243.

December 26th

After a lot of frantic phone calls on the 24th, the wheels were set in motion for me to pick up my Shelby on the 26th, Merry Christmas to me!!

After all the paper work and the hand shakes the deal was done. I was handed the keys and I exited the showroom doors out into the parking lot. There sat my Shelby Gt.

I took out my camera and snapped pictures, I walked around her again and again taking in every detail, I think it took me about 10 minutes just to open the door. I sat down in the seat and closed the door ever so carefully as I didn't want to "disturb" the car. I ran my hand over the dash plaque, like someone reading brail for the first time.

Then it hit me, this is MY Shelby. I adjusted the rear veiw mirror and noticed that I had tear in my eye.

I shook my head and remember thinking to myself "pull it together stupid, it's just a car."

No it's not just a car, it's a Shelby and she's mine.

I put the key in the ignition and turned her over, the rumble of the exaust made the dumb grin on my face even wider. I put her in drive and the two of us headed home. (I think my wife is gonna be jealous)

August 2nd 2008

Almost 8 months later, Every time I get in the drivers seat, no mater whats going on in my life I turn that key and the dumb grin comes right back to may face. When I park her and walk away, I allways look back over my shoulder and just shake my head and think, that really is my Shelby.

I picked mine up as a daily driver kinda deal. My daily driving really isn't much as you'd think, the car only has like 5K miles on it........but I get in it, drive it where I want, when I want. This is my third stang since late 2007, so I know the feel of the S197 models pretty well, and the Shelby GT is a great car for the price you pay for it......yes, you can build a comparable GT cheaper, but you just don't have the thrill of the shelby GT. I have been playing with shelby cars since I was a kid, mostly the dodge stuff from the omni, the charger, and the daytonas........so I figured, the time to get into a shelby ford product was now. I don't feel under-privledged to not have a SCer and a 5.4 in mine by any means, and I am kinda glad it does not to be honest with you........cause I know where I'd go with it if it did....LOL! I like my SGT, my entire family can enjoy it as much as I can, even the wife drives it from time to time.

December 2007

My wife and I were out on a drive one saturday afternoon and on a whim I decided to pull into the ford dealer. I immedialty spotted the four Shelby gt's two white, two black sitting on the lot. I had heard the storys of the X,$$$ of dollar mark ups on the cars and figured I had little to no chance of getting one. Since I was allready there I decided to take a shot, I spoke to the salesman who was (for once) straight with me and said they definetly were looking to move them. I left him my number and the following friday I got one of the best phone calls of my life. thanks to the x-plan, ford incetives and a nice rebate from the dealer I was on my way to owning my baby 07SGT#5243.

December 26th

After a lot of frantic phone calls on the 24th, the wheels were set in motion for me to pick up my Shelby on the 26th, Merry Christmas to me!!

After all the paper work and the hand shakes the deal was done. I was handed the keys and I exited the showroom doors out into the parking lot. There sat my Shelby Gt.

I took out my camera and snapped pictures, I walked around her again and again taking in every detail, I think it took me about 10 minutes just to open the door. I sat down in the seat and closed the door ever so carefully as I didn't want to "disturb" the car. I ran my hand over the dash plaque, like someone reading brail for the first time.

Then it hit me, this is MY Shelby. I adjusted the rear veiw mirror and noticed that I had tear in my eye.

I shook my head and remember thinking to myself "pull it together stupid, it's just a car."

No it's not just a car, it's a Shelby and she's mine.

I put the key in the ignition and turned her over, the rumble of the exaust made the dumb grin on my face even wider. I put her in drive and the two of us headed home. (I think my wife is gonna be jealous)

August 2nd 2008

Almost 8 months later, Every time I get in the drivers seat, no mater whats going on in my life I turn that key and the dumb grin comes right back to may face. When I park her and walk away, I allways look back over my shoulder and just shake my head and think, that really is my Shelby.

+1 I feel that way everyday!!

"Almost 8 months later, Every time I get in the drivers seat, no mater whats going on in my life I turn that key and the dumb grin comes right back to may face. When I park her and walk away, I allways look back over my shoulder and just shake my head and think, that really is my Shelby."

After 11 months I agree totally. Probably the best money I've ever spent :happy feet:

Jim

SUDDEN - You are not crazy, I love mine just as much. I know I am biased but I believe, as Motor Trend believes, it is the nicest Mustang out there in it's class. I also believe it has the purest appearance too, I hear it almost every day by on lookers. So no your no crazy just Shelby crazy!

Don't mean to interupt this love in but when you suggest your car is not an SVT are you implying the GT500 is not a Shelby? Just curious. :drool:

Archived