TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I did it!

Not trying to hi-jack the thread here, but a question was raised above that I'd like to know more about. I was under the impression that the SS and KR shared the same CF splitter. The KR splitter is supposed to be something like 31% more effective than the stock plastic one. This being the case, what do we know about the SS splitter? Is it yet a different design or just a copy of the factory plastic one in CF?

Saleen 89-215

All three splitters are different from each other, and no, the KR and SS splitters are not copies of the stock one. One big difference is that the stock splitter just sits below the lower valance and does not wrap around the front of the car's body like the KR and SS splitters do. The KR's splitter is different than the SS splitter, and I described the main differences between those two splitters in post #20.

Although the stock splitter comes to a point similar to the KR splitter, it's point is shallower (flatter, not as pointy?) like the KR's splitter is.

Hope this helps.

All three splitters are different from each other, and no, the KR and SS splitters are not copies of the stock one. One big difference is that the stock splitter just sits below the lower valance and does not wrap around the front of the car's body like the KR and SS splitters do. The KR's splitter is different than the SS splitter, and I described the main differences between those two splitters in post #20.

Although the stock splitter comes to a point similar to the KR splitter, it's point is shallower (flatter, not as pointy?) like the KR's splitter is.

Hope this helps.

Are there differences in aerodynamics between the three splitters or is the aerodynamic difference negligible?

Michael,

I had the same thought as you. I picked up a rock on my splitter on the way home from SAI and have a 1/4 inch defect now. You can't really see it but I know it is there. I just had the clear bra put back on and I had the guy put it on the splitter; I hope that makes a difference.

If I destroy the CF splitter, I too will put the original back on. I refuse to spend $700 on a part that is subject to so much road abuse and is so fragile in CF.

Michael,

I had the same thought as you. I picked up a rock on my splitter on the way home from SAI and have a 1/4 inch defect now. You can't really see it but I know it is there. I just had the clear bra put back on and I had the guy put it on the splitter; I hope that makes a difference.

If I destroy the CF splitter, I too will put the original back on. I refuse to spend $700 on a part that is subject to so much road abuse and is so fragile in CF.

I really like the CF splitter, but I dont want to worry everytime I drive the car that I might scratch, crack or dent it.

I will post the pictures of the splitter in a few.

michael morris

I think it looks as good if not better than the cf... :spend:

Put that carbon one on eBay. I wonder if the CF Shelby is using isn't the best material. When I had an Evo the rear wing is all carbonfiber and there were quite a few of these cars that were rolled and and the only thing that survived the crashes was the CF wing.

ae8hh2.jpg

ae8izc.jpg

Umm, the only reason that the CF wing survived on the Evo was that it was located on the trunk. That car rolled on the roof!

Oh, yeah....the other reason it survived was that it was really, really, really ugly!

It's MM's car, so he can do what he wants. Me, I am keeping mine on...

Chris

Stumpy, the SS CF spliters are available, just expensive to replace. The KR spliter is different than the SS spliter as the SS spliter is notched at the nose (the apex), whereas the KR's comes to a point.

Oops, I got confused.

I just wish we had the option on the SGT to replace the bottom piece.

Mine has seen too many dips.....

Archived