TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHAT BELONGS IN THE TRUNK

STSVT

Hello to all just wanted to know what you SGT owners have in the trunks of your cars. I know there is an air compressor but do you also have a can of tire selant as well . I have been looking at some used and some new 07,s and 08,s some have the selant and some dont . Thanks for any info . Also some of the new cars had just regular mustang mats in the trunks and not the ones with the shelby logo on them, Has anyone run into missing shelby mats. The only thing i can think of is some people are taking the tire selant and floor mats.

Hello to all just wanted to know what you SGT owners have in the trunks of your cars. I know there is an air compressor but do you also have a can of tire selant as well . I have been looking at some used and some new 07,s and 08,s some have the selant and some dont . Thanks for any info . Also some of the new cars had just regular mustang mats in the trunks and not the ones with the shelby logo on them, Has anyone run into missing shelby mats. The only thing i can think of is some people are taking the tire selant and floor mats.

Shelby trunk floor mats? Really? Not in my car...

Dan

Shelby trunk floor mats? Really? Not in my car...

Dan

he's talking about the special mats that come with the cars. Sometimes they are put in the trunk to protect them.

You should have Shelby logo mats. If you don't you may never get them replaced unless you find them on Ebay.

Check for dash plate, under hood plate and "powered by FORD" emblems on the sides as well. Common theft items.

he's talking about the special mats that come with the cars. Sometimes they are put in the trunk to protect them.

You should have Shelby logo mats. If you don't you may never get them replaced unless you find them on Ebay.

Check for dash plate, under hood plate and "powered by FORD" emblems on the sides as well. Common theft items.

OK. You mean the black Shelby floor mats for the front, right? I have those... Whew! :shift:

Dan

Thats probaly where the missing mats and missing tire selant ended up im going to look for tire selant on e bay tonight just to see (LOL) im sure the mats will be there

I consider the Shelby GT tire sealant / compressor unit to be part of the car. As for anything additional in the trunk, I have a set of jumper cables. Some people also carry a "roadside emergency kit" which is probably not a bad idea.

I consider the Shelby GT tire sealant / compressor unit to be part of the car. As for anything additional in the trunk, I have a set of jumper cables. Some people also carry a "roadside emergency kit" which is probably not a bad idea.

That is a good idea to be prepared thanks

My 07SGT2940 is black. I understood it was manditory for black SGTs to carry a box of various cleaners and rags at all times. It gives the Trunk Monkey something to play with until you call on him. Besides the plastic milk crate of cleaning supplies, I have a set of black Galloping Mustang logo folding chairs and matching table (Sears.com) for Cruise Nights and Show N Shines. I have considerd getting a Trunk Gripper mat, like the Fender Grippers, with either a Mustang or GT logo in it.

Erik

Utah

07SGT2940

Piece of plastic that closely looks like it might hold a license plate if it were screwed to the car somewhere in the vicinity of the front bumper.

A loose license plate.

Microfibre towels. Turtle Wax Ice cleaner and wax. For cleaning the car.

Roll of paper towels and glass cleaner. Windshields.

Folding chair.

Diapers and toilet paper (for the trunk monkey) :)

Nothing!

this is a pet peeve of mine because my wife always leaves 200 lbs of stuff in the trunk of which ever car she is driving. I have to take 20 minutes just to "download" the car before I take one of the vehicles she has been driving.

p.s. you get better performance and fuel mileage too that way!

I have a duffel sized trunk organizer with my indispensible Towel, very basic tools, air gauge, the 1/2 quart leftover from the last oil change, some glass cleaner, a swiffer (for brake dust), detailer, and a couple rags for checking oil and stuff. The organizer has velcro on the bottom so it stays put. It has handles so it can come out very easily. The tools allow me to remove the Shaker, too.

Question about the sealant? You mentioned a can of sealant... Mine is a 2008, but it has what appears to be an SVT issue aircompressor / sealant cartridge in one unit (with an expiration date sticker of 4 years from date of manufacture of the car) located in the spare tire well. That appears to be correct according to my SGT supplement. Is that what you meant (the combo unit) or did the 2007's (or maybe early 2008's) actually have separate compressor and a physical can of "fix-a-flat"?

Otherise, the only other thing in the truck was a front license plate bracket and my convertible boot cover (optional). My car also had the standard Mustang mats instead of the Shelby mats, but the dealer has worked out an agreement to purchase the correct Shelby mats (after certifying that's the way it was delivered to me) with Shelby / Ford Performance Group (Shelby Warranty Support).

I always thought that tradition dictated that Mother in Laws always go in the trunk, isn't that right? :hysterical:

Archived