TEAM SHELBY FORUM

News Flash - Hell just Froze Over...

ColdwaterHotrod

Ok folks....as most of you know I have been on this board just over a year now & have MF'd every dealer I talked to about ordering a Shelby for MSRP. Well....low & behold my own local dealer finally called me on Thursday to ask how to unlock the Supercharger from the preset detune? :doh: I asked why are you asking me this? :wacko: He said....well, guy #1's car just came in & we need to know. I then told them how & then he said thanks. I said WAIT A :censored: MINUTE! What about ordering my car? When do I get to order my car? He then replied maybe Wednesday of next week. :rant: he said just bring the 5k deposit when I call.

As of 9:30 am this morning he called & said FORD says you must order today! :roses::party: :happy feet:

:sos: My question for the board before I place my order with them today is does anybody have a Alloy or Tungsten Coupe or Convertible with Tungsten or Satin Silver Stripes & red interior that they can post pictures of today before 3pm?

or

A Black Contvertible with white or tungsten stripes & red interior. any photos at this point is GREATLY APPREIATED before I :shift: over their. Thanks & I'll keep you all posted as things progress!

:sos: My question for the board before I place my order with them today is does anybody have a Alloy or Tungsten Coupe or Convertible with Tungsten or Satin Silver Stripes & red interior that they can post pictures of today before 3pm?

or

A Black Contvertible with white or tungsten stripes & red interior. any photos at this point is GREATLY APPREIATED before I :shift: over their. Thanks & I'll keep you all posted as things progress!

Finally, glad to here you're ordering your car - Congrats!

I have interior pics at home, but I won't get back by 3. If you don't get a response by then, go with what you would like the best. You'll have a month or so do add or delete options and colours before your car gets bucked.

I have a tungsten vert, custom silver stripes, and the charcoal/red interior, and it looks great! I'll post them tonite if no one else has any pics for you.

Finally, glad to here you're ordering your car - Congrats!

I have interior pics at home, but I won't get back by 3. If you don't get a response by then, go with what you would like the best. You'll have a month or so do add or delete options and colours before your car gets bucked.

I have a tungsten vert, custom silver stripes, and the charcoal/red interior, and it looks great! I'll post them tonite if no one else has any pics for you.

EXCELLENT! Drive fast :shift: & be safe my friend, I have until 8 pm to get their but I'll be leaving work just a little early today :happy feet:

Because my Tungsten/Silver coupe STILL isn't here :rant: I can't show you pictures of MY new ride, but I can give you a couple of links so you can see this color.

The first is the best IMHO, although you need to be able to sign in to ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gall...Params=Itemnr=1

Good luck, and congratulations! :party:

Ok folks....as most of you know I have been on this board just over a year now & have MF'd every dealer I talked to about ordering a Shelby for MSRP. Well....low & behold my own local dealer finally called me on Thursday to ask how to unlock the Supercharger from the preset detune? :doh: I asked why are you asking me this? :wacko: He said....well, guy #1's car just came in & we need to know. I then told them how & then he said thanks. I said WAIT A :censored: MINUTE! What about ordering my car? When do I get to order my car? He then replied maybe Wednesday of next week. :rant: he said just bring the 5k deposit when I call.

As of 9:30 am this morning he called & said FORD says you must order today! :roses::party: :happy feet:

or

HERE'S are a few pic's that may allow you to make a better color choice.....

post-6677-1158592400_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592461_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592484_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592503_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592520_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592541_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592556_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592580_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592400_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592461_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592484_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592503_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592520_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592541_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592556_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1158592580_thumb.jpg

Coldwater you cant go wrong with any of those color choices (you can tell my preference by my sig) Plus I debated the crimson interior but since the stiching is red on the steering wheel and other places I thought it would tie in nicely on the interior.

My question, why must you order today? Is something going on today? I just updated my order this AM and I hope my order gets pulled today. :happy feet: My long journey has just begun. :cry:

Coldwater you cant go wrong with any of those color choices (you can tell my preference by my sig) Plus I debated the crimson interior but since the stiching is red on the steering wheel and other places I thought it would tie in nicely on the interior.

My question, why must you order today? Is something going on today? I just updated my order this AM and I hope my order gets pulled today. :happy feet: My long journey has just begun. :cry:

The Salesman, Sales Manager or Regional representative said FORD said it had to be today. I think someones lying, or just seeing if I have enough money for the down payment so they can move on to the next person on the list willing to pay an ADM. No matter what their lying logic is I'm going in today & placing 5k down

The Salesman, Sales Manager or Regional representative said FORD said it had to be today. I think someones lying, or just seeing if I have enough money for the down payment so they can move on to the next person on the list willing to pay an ADM. No matter what their lying logic is I'm going in today & placing 5k down

Hey, Coldwater. Don't over-think it. You've been here long enough to know exactly what you want. Pull the trigger.

FWIW, I'm partial to Alloy w/ Tungsten, and add the red inserts.

Hey, Coldwater. Don't over-think it. You've been here long enough to know exactly what you want. Pull the trigger.

FWIW, I'm partial to Alloy w/ Tungsten, and add the red inserts.

I have ordered that combo too. Could you please post pics when you get it? Hope you get it soon.

THE TRIGGER HAS BEEN PULLED!

OH what a feeling.....and I’m not talking about a Toyota :hysterical:

Just got back from the dealer & from stopping to celibrate with my favorite beer (Killians).

I'll keep it short & fill you in more later, but here's what I got.............DRUM ROLL PLEASE............. :roses:

a fully loaded Performance White Coupe with Vista Blue stripes :shift: :happy feet: and for MSRP :roses:

I have a Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet with a priority 25 :doh:

Not sure if this is a DORA sheet or something else but at least it has all the option codes with prices.

No VIN number, but have asked for a daily updates so I can start tracking it when the time comes (yeah right like they care as much as I do)

They said it WILL be a 2007 model & not to expect it till after NOVEMBER? :wacko:

Just as long as it’s before snow flys so salt doesn't get on it during transit. (I have a friend’s enclosed trailer on stand by as I type)

Any info & new phone numbers for tracking at this point will help with the waiting factor.

A BIG THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR INFO & COMRODREY

Congrats, Coldwater!! Once you have a VIN, you can call Ford Cusotmer Service for build updates. Actually, you can call before you get a VIN number, but all you'll get is the all-knowing "MAterial Hold"

So, did your dealer mention why you got such a high priority number? (Lower number is better, 10 being the lowest)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect color combo! Its been your number one choice for a while has it not?

yes, but I kept trying to to change it & when the time came I just said "Performance White says it all" !

Congrats, Coldwater!! Once you have a VIN, you can call Ford Cusotmer Service for build updates. Actually, you can call before you get a VIN number, but all you'll get is the all-knowing "MAterial Hold"

So, did your dealer mention why you got such a high priority number? (Lower number is better, 10 being the lowest)

Yeah I said something to him about that & said I would like it changed to a "10" & his reply was I can change it to 99 if you like? At that point I thought I was pushing my luck & I better walk out knowing I got it & for MSRP!

Wisdom has taught me that You Don't argue with a fool, because the fool is then arguing with one too! And two fools don't make a right!

Nice. Glad to hear another person got one for MSRP. Gives me hope that one day it could happen to me :P

Unrelated question.....

ColdwaterHotRod has this posted on his list:

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra #836 of 6961

My question....does the number X of Y really matter? If so, can someone explain it all to me. I've calculated that my GT500 is around #250. Will that matter in the long run?

Unrelated question.....

ColdwaterHotRod has this posted on his list:

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra #836 of 6961

My question....does the number X of Y really matter? If so, can someone explain it all to me. I've calculated that my GT500 is around #250. Will that matter in the long run?

I don't think it really matters as far as future value goes unless it's a REALLY low number.

Your right awatters! A movie needs to be made about this historical event that has happened. Any movie names come to mind?

I'm thinking .....

"Hell Froze Over"

or " Their really is a Car God"

or " The MSRP Dream"

"The Eagles Re-Unite !"

Archived