TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Meatloaf Thread

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow! You don't seem to keep your oven clean like you do your car! :hysterical::hysterical:

Maybe if Tana were to paint it Grabber Orange, he would not only keep it clean, he would have 6 coats of Wax on it everyday before she gets up in the morning............ :hysterical:

David.

PS: I'm affraid to ask what kind of Meat was used.........................

Sorry to say...no eating pic's.

But I will tell you that Harley got a pea, a carrot, and 2 green beans, and one small taste of the loaf.

He wewy wewy liked it.

I do have a pic of the final product:

misc383.jpg

Think Tana would give up that recipe for a midwesterner who likes to dabble in the kitchen or is it an ancient Grabber secret?

First off I have been making this meat loaf for so long and have never had an actual receipe, I hope can give you enough info and you can take it from there and can even make it your own.

You need a large mixing bowl. Add 2 or 2 1/2 pounds of what ever ground beef you like to use.

Put in large mixing bowl

Add 2 eggs

3-4 tbl spoons of ketchup or BBQ sauce

2 tbl. spoons of worstershire sauce

1/3 cup of bread crumbs

3/4 tsp. of salt

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. onion salt

You can chop up a fresh onion approx. 1/2 cup or use a pkg of onion soup mix. I prefer the real thing. If you use the soup mix you won't need the onion salt, or the regular salt.

Mix well with hands, form it into a loaf, place in a shallow glass cassarol dish, bake at 400 degrees for about 65-75 minutes.

Sometimes at 400 degrees it can cause the outside loaf to get overdone, so check on the loaf within 60 minutes and gauge if you need to turn it down to 350 degrees for the last 5-15 minutes, if needed.

I hope it works for you. Rob and David really like it. Also Rob really likes me to make him a cold meatloaf sandwich for his lunch the next day. Sandwiches require lots of extra ketchup w/ a little BBQ sauce on the top, and some salt and pepper.

Thanks for the pics, Rob! :happy feet:

Tana - you look great! Glad to see you being a good sport about the pics! :happy feet:

When I drove trucks, meatloaf was a staple at truck stops!

Continue to feel better. You hear? :happy feet:

Thanks for the pics, Rob! :happy feet:

Tana - you look great! Glad to see you being a good sport about the pics! :happy feet:

When I drove trucks, meatloaf was a staple at truck stops!

Continue to feel better. You hear? :happy feet:

Bryan,

Thank you, I wish you could see how awesome the flowers you sent are doing.

They are still blooming.

I think it is the nicest bouquet I have ever received. :mademyday:

First off I have been making this meat loaf for so long and have never had an actual receipe, I hope can give you enough info and you can take it from there and can even make it your own.

You need a large mixing bowl. Add 2 or 2 1/2 pounds of what ever ground beef you like to use.

Put in large mixing bowl

Add 2 eggs

3-4 tbl spoons of ketchup or BBQ sauce

2 tbl. spoons of worstershire sauce

1/3 cup of bread crumbs

3/4 tsp. of salt

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 tsp. onion salt

You can chop up a fresh onion approx. 1/2 cup or use a pkg of onion soup mix. I prefer the real thing. If you use the soup mix you won't need the onion salt, or the regular salt.

Mix well with hands, form it into a loaf, place in a shallow glass cassarol dish, bake at 400 degrees for about 65-75 minutes.

Sometimes at 400 degrees it can cause the outside loaf to get overdone, so check on the loaf within 60 minutes and gauge if you need to turn it down to 350 degrees for the last 5-15 minutes, if needed.

I hope it works for you. Rob and David really like it. Also Rob really likes me to make him a cold meatloaf sandwich for his lunch the next day. Sandwiches require lots of extra ketchup w/ a little BBQ sauce on the top, and some salt and pepper.

:angel:

you're an angel............thanks. It will be on the table Thursday night :happy feet:

Archived