TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007-2009 Shelby GT500 TSB #08-16-4: Clutch Drag.

Staff

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob

seems my clutch and fly wheel are diffrent numbers Clutch#7R3Z-7B546-B

fLY WHEEL #7R3Z-6375-AA THSES WERE INSTALLED WITH NEW TRANS, IN jAN 08.

Rob

seems my clutch and fly wheel are diffrent numbers Clutch#7R3Z-7B546-B

fLY WHEEL #7R3Z-6375-AA THSES WERE INSTALLED WITH NEW TRANS, IN jAN 08.

Yes I know.

You have the old style flywheel that seem to warp under heat in stop and go driving conditions.

I got the call, my parts are in for the TSB repairs. My baby goes in for the repairs tomorrow

I too just got the call too. My parts are in and I have scheduled the work for this Friday at 8:30am on my day off.

If your not Hissing or bumping syncros or having clutch drag...then no.

I meant are these an improved part above the 08 transmission?

Service Manager just called and he doesn't think they will be done with the TSB repairs on my baby until Friday :banghead:

Could be worse. I went in and had them open the work orders on both my cars last week...they just ordered the parts today.

They are installing my shifter tho =)

Why can't I download the PDF??? :banghead:

look for the word "download" middle/bottom of screen. It took me a while to find it as it does not look like a button!

BTW, they completed my TSB repair yesterday but apparently the ford hotline said that since I had the updated transmission that they were to just install the clutch/flywheel an dnot the full TSB kit. I'll have to wait for driving impressions friday night.

If you're not having problems with the tranny can you request the TSB anyways under warranty?

It says right on the TSB " THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO VEHICLES WITH PRIOR REPAIRS, AS WELL AS THOSE WITH MINOR MODIFICATIONS, EXHIBITING ABOVE SYMPTOMS".

So the dealership calls me today and says one of the parts for the TSB repairs is defective and they need to order a replacement and it should arrive on Monday. This was supposed to be a one day job that turned into three days and now will wind up being about a week! :banghead::banghead:

So the dealership calls me today and says one of the parts for the TSB repairs is defective and they need to order a replacement and it should arrive on Monday. This was supposed to be a one day job that turned into three days and now will wind up being about a week! :banghead::banghead:

What part is defective?

• 1 month later...

On my little adventure with Dearborn and so on.... All the parts have arrived at the Mt. Airy, MD Ford dealership, I received a call from Dearborn this AM, 9-9-08. The schedule is to have the work done Monday 9-15-08. Ford HQ is even going to send one of their SVT engineers out from MI to have a look and drive the car after it's done! I found that out yesterday from the Service Director at Century Ford in Mt. Airy and was confirmed by the Exec. Rep., Lynn in Dearborn. They also agreed that I could take a few pics of the work being done; and I promised to stay out of their way. So far all the right words are being said, and it appears I will be a happy Ford GT500 owner in a week from today!!! Ya-whoo!!!

I apologize for the dumb question, but what is "Hissing or bumping syncros" or what are the sounds/symptoms of same?

I printed the TSB about clutch drag and I do not believe I have that. I do have a sound in second gear that seems to be going away and is inconsistent, and I get a chatter in the gearbox with the car in neutral, foot on brake, clutch let out, when the clutch pedal is pushed to the floor, sounds goes away immediately, no drag no hesitation or delay.

Again, sorry, haven't driven a manual transmission since high-school in the 70's so forgive my ignorance.

Don't feel bad my dealer told me it will take three days to!!!!!!!

I have missed 2nd gear 2 or 3 times when getting on it and ended up grinding second bad. I am wondering if it is the clutch issue or me not pushing the clutch in all the way at the right time... We don't stay long in first gear when romping on it (1 sec) and the shift to 2nd seems like you gotta be fast with it to keep up. I may be the problem. I will do some more testing as soon as the cops thin out a bit.

Hurricane Gustav and Ike have got the law on OT.

Any insight will be appreciated.

I have missed 2nd gear 2 or 3 times when getting on it and ended up grinding second bad. I am wondering if it is the clutch issue or me not pushing the clutch in all the way at the right time...

I highly doubt it is you. This was exactly my first symptom. Soon afterwards, sixth gear became difficult to engage, followed by a clutch pedal that just did not feel the same. It was this way for months, until two weeks ago. Then one night, I started the engine and I could not get the tranny into ANY gear. The car was towed to the dealership ten days ago and I'm still awaiting the arrival of the replacement flywheel.

From reading the TSB and the threads here, it seems to me that this is only a hit or miss problem depending on your driving conditions? I only have 1500 miles on my 08 but have not experienced any of the described problems but all my driving has been in rural(no stop and go) driving conditions and mostly short trips no more than a half hour. I don't feel like putting undue wear on tear on my drivetrain but i don't want a $6000.00 repair bill a few years down the road. Maybe I'll wait till the colder weather comes and look for a traffic jam somewhere so I can cause a potentially defective part to fail.

Archived