TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007-2009 Shelby GT500 TSB #08-16-4: Clutch Drag.

Staff

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of us who have already had the tranny, clutch and flywheel replaced - note the new clutch and flywheel part numbers in this TSB...

Yea, my new tranny was installed with that same flywheel, but different clutch (07 clutch) of what is listed. Is that the 08 clutch listed?

@#$$%%##$###$$@@@#$$ :censored:

I got bored Sunday and started ripping my car apart. I've got half the front end off and no brakes due to installing the Goodridge's. :banghead:

I got it back from the shop last week for the transmission!

And this is a useless rant and dumb now that I think about it so I'll leave it up for the sake of entertainment since I seem to be catching the wife's overactive emotional nature as of late (35 weeks pregnant).

@#$$%%##$###$$@@@#$$ :censored:

I got bored Sunday and started ripping my car apart. I've got half the front end off and no brakes due to installing the Goodridge's. :banghead:

I got it back from the shop last week for the transmission!

And this is a useless rant and dumb now that I think about it so I'll leave it up for the sake of entertainment since I seem to be catching the wife's overactive emotional nature as of late (35 weeks pregnant).

You can always try Hormone Replacement Therapy............... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I have already had the clutch and fly-wheel replaced (not the transmission). This TSB leads me to believe that additional work needs to be done. Can any of you confirm?

Thank you.

I have it and Ford documented it in their computer system on my cars VIN #. Now I need to call up the service guy I've been working with and talk him into installing a KR shifter for me for free since they have the tranny out anyways. Doubt it, but I'm gonna try!

I went to the Ford dealer to schedule my Clutch Drag fix. Figured I'd have em change the oil in the vert while I was talking to the service guy. One slight problem...they didn't have enough oil for my car to change it :hysterical: I'm also trying to get them to install the KR shifter for me while the transmission is out.

Awesome deal, thanks for posting! I have constant gear grind on hard shifts from 1st to 2nd gear (car was built in April 2007) and have been patiently waiting for this TSB to come out. Already emailed my dealer to get repairs scheduled.

Good call on trying to get a freebie shifter installation at the same time. I'll have to try to accomplish that as well.

So....do any of us have the new flywheel from the factory, or are we all screwed at some point? Is this going to be one of those things that has to potential to lay dormant until just out of warranty and then cost tons of $$$ to fix?

7500 miles on mine still original trans/clutch/etc.

Hey guys. I have had three tranny's, clutches and flywheels. I believe the engineer that did the last replacement told me that my car was the first to get the newly designed flywheel. It was done about 4 weeks ago and as of then it did not even have a part number attached to it. Owning this car has been a total disaster!! Even with all three transplants, the car is still very hard to get into reverse. I wish I could tell you that this "Fix" is a fix, but in my situation it has not been. I have 3,400 miles on my car and it has been down 4 times for a total of over three months. I have only owned the car since December '07. I hope that it works for you guys. Good luck

Hey guys. I have had three tranny's, clutches and flywheels. I believe the engineer that did the last replacement told me that my car was the first to get the newly designed flywheel. It was done about 4 weeks ago and as of then it did not even have a part number attached to it. Owning this car has been a total disaster!! Even with all three transplants, the car is still very hard to get into reverse. I wish I could tell you that this "Fix" is a fix, but in my situation it has not been. I have 3,400 miles on my car and it has been down 4 times for a total of over three months. I have only owned the car since December '07. I hope that it works for you guys. Good luck

4 times for the same issue? Why don't you have Ford do a buy back and get you a new car? Sounds like your car meets the criteria under the lemon law for a buy back.

Shelbydude- I filed the law suit last week. I tried like hell to work it out with my local dealership. They made ONE months payment on my car and told me that was all they were willing to do. I told them to just replace the vehicle and we would be square, I asked for nothing else. I was treated like I had just asked for the world. I told them that I would hire an attorney if I could not get a decent resolution, they still blew me off. I got an attorney from Dayton that handles only Lemon Law cases. She told me my case was rock solid as I have every bit of paperwork documenting the work repairs done by the dealership. Come to find out, in Ohio I'm entitled to a lot more than just a replacement or buy back. This is probably going to be a long process, but I've had it with this car!

On top of all the mechanical issues, my stripe is peeling off up front!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like your car is a candidate for the "lemon law"

I have some minor difficulty shifting from 1st to 2nd gear on colder days in my 08 GT 500. The warantee book describes the fist level of the limited warrantee as bumper to bumper for 3 years or 36000. I do not see any type of coverage that is less than 3Y/36M. But people routinely mention one year / 12000 miles as an important time period to get things fixed. I would rather wait until closer to the 3 year point to figure out if I should get this trans work done but I don't want to miss out on using the warantee.

Some responded earlier that they thought it would be covered under the powertrain warantee since it involves the flywheel and that would allow me (and ohters) to wait until 5 years of 60,000 miles. That would be the best case situation if it worked out but I'm trying to determine if the 3 year year or 36000 miles is a slam dunk no risk situation vs getting it done during the one year or 12000 mile time frame.

Does anyone have any experience or special knowledge they can share on this?

Who has had the TSB done on their car quesdance.gif

My parts are on order but are coming from the vendors. So I could still be 10 to 14 days out. :lurk:

Shelby111,

My understanding on the 1 yr/12k mi issue is that this pertains to parts that are considered normal maintenance items; such as brake pads & rotors AND clutch plates on manual tranny's. But the TSB specifically states that this is a flywheel issue that has affected the clutch.

My car is 21 months old and is being covered under waranty for this TSB and for the rear end clutch pack TSB.

Archived