TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paxton kit problems

I installed the Shelby/Paxton supercharger kit in my 07 SGT. Everthing fit pretty good but the tank that replaces the radiator overflow tank leaks at the cap. You are to use your stock cap but it doesn't seem to fit and seal tight enough due to the threads. I bought a new cap to try but same thing you get a little leakage when things get hot.

Anyone else have this problem?

I installed the Shelby/Paxton supercharger kit in my 07 SGT. Everthing fit pretty good but the tank that replaces the radiator overflow tank leaks at the cap. You are to use your stock cap but it doesn't seem to fit and seal tight enough due to the threads. I bought a new cap to try but same thing you get a little leakage when things get hot.

Anyone else have this problem?

I assume you did not have the SC installed at Shelby, it that were the case you could contact Bud, he would be able to help you out. You may want to reach out to him either way. budm@shelbyautos.com

I cannot speak to the Paxton and I do not remember seeing this issue brougt up. Did you call the Paxton Tech. Line? It sound like it may be an easy fix. :shrug:

Roger

I have the Paxton installed at Shelby and I have the problem also. Especially when the engine gets a workout like it did on the track yesterday. The issue was brought up last week and another owner was already talking to bud about it. I tried a new cap also with no luck. I believe it is the reservoir. I'll be looking for a solution soon.

EDIT: I guess it was three weeks ago. I was waiting until yesterday to use a new cap and see if that would resolve the issue.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry469598

• 3 weeks later...
I have the Paxton installed at Shelby and I have the problem also. Especially when the engine gets a workout like it did on the track yesterday. The issue was brought up last week and another owner was already talking to bud about it. I tried a new cap also with no luck. I believe it is the reservoir. I'll be looking for a solution soon.

EDIT: I guess it was three weeks ago. I was waiting until yesterday to use a new cap and see if that would resolve the issue.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry469598

I talk to Paxton last week and they were nice enough to send me out a new rad overflow tank which I received today and will install this weekend. Their was a molding issue.

Burr

I talk to Paxton last week and they were nice enough to send me out a new rad overflow tank which I received today and will install this weekend. Their was a molding issue.

Burr

Burr,

That is interesting. I wonder if they used a Ford Cobra Intercooler tank as a part number. I have a Whipple SC and I had the same issue in January. We found out it was a leaky tank due to a mold imperfection. Whipple did the same. You can not ask for better customer service from both companies. Glad it all worked out.

Roger

I had the same problem with my paxton tank and a little teflon tape cleared it right up. At first, I taped the around the whole cap, but that no good, as it wasn't breathing at all (tank was about to explode!), so I removed a 1/2" piece and it's perfect now - no excess pressure and no more spewing.

Archived